• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

3981533-6503022817-39686.gif

Why does this movie have four mid-credits scenes? LOL

Lots to cover after the movie?

That Russel Stallone scene everyone wants
Baby Groot doing a dance off w/ Pratt
Thanos actually IS in this movie
and that Thor Ragnarok tie in... Hulk getting kidnapped off earth, or low earth orbit and shipped to whatever planet Thor finds him on.
can't forget to lead into the next space movie

duckroll

GotG wasn't even THAT great, so the sequel being OKAY is totally believable. Of course if you think Doctor Strange is some amazing ground breaking film, you'll probably love it anyway right? #MarvelFans #LowExpectations

Why does this movie have four mid-credits scenes? LOL

5, according to Gunn, though I think only two of them are in the same vein as hype-inducing ones. The rest seem to be fun gags, like baby Groot dancing was in the first.

I think I'll cry when it's confirmed we are back to square 1 and Spidey is not in the MCU anymore after Homecoming 2 and he'll be part of the awful Sony Spideyverse.

Don't speak this evil into existence.

GotG wasn't even THAT great, so the sequel being OKAY is totally believable. Of course if you think Doctor Strange is some amazing ground breaking film, you'll probably love it anyway right? #MarvelFans #LowExpectations

If I rolled my eyes any harder I'd look like Storm.

Pachimari

OT3 preview:

2P410B1.png

To be perfectly honest - and do believe me, I appreciate your effort and work that went into this - I am not too fond of this header. The logos are way too close to each other, and if you use Ant-Man's logo just use the one from the first movie. I will be fine with this as a header if you also include the very fine picture from this OT:

It's a quick and well done way of keeping up to date and having an overview of the entire MCU. Hope you'll make use of this.

4 unannounced movies for Phase 3!?

The remainder of Phase 3:
2017 = GotG2, Spidey: HC, Thor: Ragnarok
2018 = Black Panther, A3: Infinity War, Ant-Man & the Wasp
2019 = Captain Marvel, Avengers 3.5:
Thanos
Rising
end of Phase 3... (unless there is a 3rd movie to cap it off at the end of 2019 that they haven't announced yet...)

what 4 movies are you referring to?

All of Phase 3 has been announced. Anything after Infinity War Part II would be Phase 4.

In the official press release from Marvel, they mention these three 2020 untitled films as being part of this Phase 3 update. Nowhere does it mention Phase 4:

Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvel's ”Ant-Man," we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

Lots to cover after the movie?

That Russel Stallone scene everyone wants
Baby Groot doing a dance off w/ Pratt
Thanos actually IS in this movie
and that Thor Ragnarok tie in... Hulk getting kidnapped off earth, or low earth orbit and shipped to whatever planet Thor finds him on.
can't forget to lead into the next space movie

Wait, I was just fucking spoiled on the mid-credits scenes? Holy shit, I should have known better staying out of this thread in the lead up to GotG2 lol.

T
In the official press release from Marvel, they mention these three 2020 untitled films as being part of this Phase 3 update. Nowhere does it mention Phase 4:
Finally, three untitled Marvel Studios films will premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

Those dates are just Marvel locking down dates ahead of time so other studios know to steer clear, because this Marvel Train stops for no one. All of those dates will be for Fantastic Ph4se movies. (yes I believe)

Wait, I was just fucking spoiled on the mid-credits scenes? Holy shit, I should have known better staying out of this thread in the lead up to GotG2 lol.

LOL. no, I have no idea what the 4 post credits are, I was just guessing.
I guess it seemed pretty plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if I was right on the money though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think this will be like dancing Groot, which was barely a Aftercreditscene. I guess three of these joke clips and one real aftercreditscenes.

Doctor Strange was great!

I mean... I guess Marvel Fatigue and hate is gonna build up the further in we go but Im still loving every movie they put out

Iron Fist was the first MCU dud.....

I think this will be like dancing Groot, which was barely a Aftercreditscene. I guess three of these joke clips and one real aftercreditscenes.

2. Gunn said it was 5 of em total.

I think Guardians 2 will be better received than the first film.

Also, those three movies are totally phase 4 films.

Penguin

Solid interview with Feige that isn't too meaty, but does clear up some weird pre-conceived notions fans have such as actors being tied to MCU

"We don't have anything written into our contracts about other roles that people can do," said Feige when asked if that was an issue. "Indiana Jones and Han Solo are the same person … it hasn't been a problem. And I think Thanos and Cable are two very different characters."

And Spidey's future in the MCU

Marvel's landmark deal with Sony has allowed the wall-crawler to enter the MCU, and Feige confirmed Spider-Man will appear in 2019's untitled Avengers 4. That’s after his starring turn in Spider-Man: Homecoming and 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War. After the second Avengers appearance, it will be back for a Homecoming sequel, set for 2019.

“That’s as far as it goes for now,” Feige said. (For now? Hmm.)

Sony is moving ahead with Spidey spin-offs for Venom and a Silver Sable, Black Cat teamup movie, but Marvel isn't involved.

"We had a very particular plan about Spidey himself," Feige explained when asked why Marvel wasn't involved in Sony's projects with those characters, although he kept those plans to himself.

And joss Whedon called him before taking the Batgirl gig

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...movies-guardians-2-joss-whedons-dc-move-99507

Prompto

Banned
Solid interview with Feige that isn't too meaty, but does clear up some weird pre-conceived notions fans have such as actors being tied to MCU

And Spidey's future in the MCU

And joss Whedon called him before taking the Batgirl gig

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...movies-guardians-2-joss-whedons-dc-move-99507
I liked this as well

Feige has no plans for an R-rated movie.

Don’t look for an R rated Marvel movie in wake of success of such bloody and potty-mouthed movies such as Logan and Deadpool any time soon.

“My takeaway from both of those films is not the R rating, it’s the risk they took, the chances they took, the creative boundaries that they pushed,” Feige explained. “That should be the takeaway for everyone.”

While the R-rating is an easy-identifiable trait of those movies, Feige cited the breaking of the fourth wall in Deadpool and the finality of the Wolverine story as examples of what made those movies stand out.

mreddie

The approach being taken for the upcoming film shows Scott Lang in both ant- and giant-form but goes further by introducing vehicles which can alter both their own dimensions and their passengers. In one piece of art, Luis' van is seen dodging giant rain drops as it chases another car.

Elsewhere, a trio of designs for The Wasp were hanging. Reed pointed out that one was a classic Hope Van Dyne design while the two others featured an approach which mirrors the Ant-Man's design and scheme. The middle image featured a blue, gold, and white design with the top one being a copy of the black, red, and silver Ant-Man scheme.

Some fun pieces saw a dog eating a shrunken car, Ant-Man using a shaken bottle of Coca-Cola turned giant, and Ant-Man and The Wasp running from gigantic looking snake-like insects.

In.

BLACKLAC

Not all of what we saw of the Dora Milaje combat — we also got to see them presiding over a kaleidoscopic yet solemn ceremony to crown a new, untested king. That scene was a distinct diversion from the film's palette: a bold, contrast-heavy black & white world punctuated with dabs of reds and golds. All the gravity afforded a royal saga is in the designs, including tech and architecture — jagged but fleet flying machines and glittering, steely spires — and it all fits the mood of majestic mystery."

nBAnSon.gif

Another villain for Spider-Man: Homecoming has also been revealed:
Jackson Brice aka Montana
I'm guessing he's the "other Shocker" we saw being played by Logan Marshall-Greene, considering Montana was the Shocker in the Spectacular Spider-man show. Wonder if Fancy Dan and Ox show up as bit parts as well, maybe as some of the other goons in Vulture's squad.

Still curious as to who the heck Donald Glover is playing.

BLACKLAC

Black Panther Footage Promises So Much More Than an ”Exclusively Gay Moment"

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/black-panther-gay-danai-gurira

Early footage makes no secret of Walking Dead star Danai Gurira's sexuality as Okoye.

Update: A Marvel rep reached out to clarify that the nature of the relationship between Danai Gurira's Okoye and Florence Kasumba‘s Ayo in Black Panther is not a romantic one and that specific love storyline from the comic World of Wakanda was not used as a source.

Black Panther Footage Promises So Much More Than an “Exclusively Gay Moment”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/black-panther-gay-danai-gurira

I didn't read through the other links, only excerpts posted in the various Marvel threads, but Black Panther sounds so dope.

The current lineup of MCU movies is just fucking crazy.

GotG2, Spidey: HC, Thor: Rags, Black Panther, then Infinity War....And we ain't even done after that. That's just the next 12 months of MCU alone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom