• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

AMUSIX

I think I'm going to do a movie-a-week leading up to Infinity War. If my numbers are right, this would mean starting the first week of 2018, and going straight through. I was also considering doing an OT for it, sort of a "GAF watches the MCU", seeing if others would want to join in the process. You think there'd be interest in such a thing?

Iron Man - Jan 6
Incredible Hulk - Jan 13
Iron Man 2 - Jan 20
Thor - Jan 27
Captain America - Feb 3
Avengers - Feb 10
Iron Man 3 - Feb 17
The Dark World - Feb 24
Winter Soldier - Mar 3
Guardians of the Galaxy - Mar 10
Age of Ultron - Mar 17
Ant-Man - Mar 24
Civil War - Mar 31
Dr. Strange - Apr 7
Guardians Vol 2 - Apr 14
Spider-Man - Apr 21
Ragnarok - Apr 28

The Kree

Banned
I think I'm going to do a movie-a-week leading up to Infinity War. If my numbers are right, this would mean starting the first week of 2018, and going straight through. I was also considering doing an OT for it, sort of a "GAF watches the MCU", seeing if others would want to join in the process. You think there'd be interest in such a thing?

Iron Man - Jan 6
Incredible Hulk - Jan 13
Iron Man 2 - Jan 20
Thor - Jan 27
Captain America - Feb 3
Avengers - Feb 10
Iron Man 3 - Feb 17
The Dark World - Feb 24
Winter Soldier - Mar 3
Guardians of the Galaxy - Mar 10
Age of Ultron - Mar 17
Ant-Man - Mar 24
Civil War - Mar 31
Dr. Strange - Apr 7
Guardians Vol 2 - Apr 14
Spider-Man - Apr 21
Ragnarok - Apr 28

This exact thing is already happening in OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1418418

You're only three movies behind. Thor is next week.

Quick-and-dirty

waspucuqg.png

The Kree

Banned
When I did it, I thought it looked better when I took the blue out of the suit. It clashes too much with the gold when you layer your own gold on top.

I assume that shot was already color corrected because the whole picture looks very blue.

Nyanmaruz

Some folks are claiming there will be an Infinity War trailer tomorrow attached to Inhumans. I am extremely skeptical. Black Panther seems more likely imo.

Some folks are claiming there will be an Infinity War trailer tomorrow attached to Inhumans. I am extremely skeptical. Black Panther seems more likely imo.
I can't help but think this rumour was started by some Reddit MCU megafan who will eat any shit and love it so long as it's branded Marvel. Y'know, so they can try and get people to watch Inhumans.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The fact they still haven't given us the release date for a show that can't be more than a few weeks away at this point is making me pull out my hair.

HeySeuss

No way that's gonna happen. Do you think anyone at Disney or Marvel want their biggest movie of all time in any way associated with that Trainwreck? Not a chance.

SpaceWolf

Banned
New motion poster asks us to read between the lines. Anyway, I could see it releasing in November with Mindhunters and Stranger Things coming out next month.

AdeLeVZ.jpg

So, late to the party here, but just noticed there's a "6" positioned on the Netflix logo! A clue to the release date or something else I'm missing?

El Topo

Shows launch on Friday. That would leave October 6 for this year. Seems more likely that this is when they will announce the release date at NYCC.

mreddie

Reportedly, Jessica Chastain turned down the role [of Hope Van Dyne] because it did not have enough superhero action for her taste. According to Chastain, an actor gets only one shot with superhero movies. Once you're cast as a certain character, you are that character forever. And playing a ”civilian" in a superhero movie was not something Chastain was interested in.

LOL WAT

El Topo

She didn't want to play the civilian love interest? Maybe they also were not sure which direction her character would go. Unlike Ant-Man (who also showed up in Civil War), Wasp has yet to make an appearance.
I totally get that to be honest. On the other hand, maybe someone should have told her that Marvel is not exactly throwing female superhero roles around.

I mean I assume most actors don't have agents who are massive comic nerds who know everything. But it's unfortunate she turned down a major Avenger role and ended up going with what's likely to be a non-recurring character.

Plus the Edgar Wright version of the film had a much smaller emphasis on Hope, which is probably what gave the impression of it being a minor role with limited potential.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
And yet, it still isn't as bad as Emily Blunt picking Gulliver's Travel's Over Black Widow.
She didn't choose one over the other though, did she? Her casting became a scheduling conflict, and she had to accommodate Gulliver's. (I may be wrong about this, but that's the way I remember it.)

Top Bottom