• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

jph139

I mean, Spider-Man 2 has been my favorite movie, bar none, for like a decade now, so I made peace a long time ago that Homecoming would never stack up. You can't go into a movie expecting it to be your favorite of all time.

Even outside that context, just putting it side by side with the other MCU movies, I'm skeptical. You can't tell me that, between GotG2, Homecoming, and Ragnarok, one of the MCU films this year seems a bit... standard?

Platy

I am curious about the post credit scene ... i hope it is not the full cast spoilers because from what they are saying I expect Daredevil or Squirrel Girl =P

Real interesting that Glover is playing Ultimate Universe Prowler considering he's Miles Morales' uncle.

The fan petitions did work for SOMETHING xD

Pachimari

No matter how much I really liked Ant-Man I can't get excited for the sequel. Until they show me a teaser with Wasp flying around, then I'm all aboard.

I'm still waiting for the cinemas here to sell out Spider-Man: Homecoming tickets. In the meantime I'm thinking of going to the Baby Driver premiere in four days.

I'm quite pleased to hear that
Zendaya is playing MJ. Though the whole "Michelle" thing is kinda odd to me. Hoping they semi-retcon that in the sequels by revealing her full name is "Michelle Mary Jane Watson" or something.

All in all, Spider-Man: Homecoming sounds like it'll be pretty fun.

Pachimari

I'm quite pleased to hear that
Zendaya is playing MJ. Though the whole "Michelle" thing is kinda odd to me. Hoping they semi-retcon that in the sequels by revealing her full name is "Michelle Mary Jane Watson" or something.

All in all, Spider-Man: Homecoming sounds like it'll be pretty fun.

Fuck me I read that spoiler, haven't slept all night so I'm like a zombie today, not paying attention to what I'm doing. Jeez that's the one spoiler I didn't wanna know about lol. Fuck it eh.

Bronx-Man

Banned
There's a probably an overlapping venn diagram of peeps that consider ASM2 the best representation of Spidey and people that consider the Watchmen movie a great adaptation.

Glass Rebel

ASM Spidey, especially in ASM2, is what Spider-Tobey fans imagine all of us non-fans want. He's Spidey only on a surface level and has basically none of the qualities of Peter except that he jokes.

On a different note, really curious about which MCU character they're going to have in Spidey 2. Guess it's difficult to tell without knowing what will happen in A3 and A4.

I'd completely mark out if it was like Amazing Spider-Man #1 with Spidey meeting the F4.

kunonabi

There's a probably an overlapping venn diagram of peeps that consider ASM2 the best representation of Spidey and people that consider the Watchmen movie a great adaptation.

re:ASM2
I mean if you got to the theatre late and missed the plane scene then fell asleep after the Time Square battle you could leave that movie with a very positive impression of the whole thing outside of the godawful representations of Rhino and Electro.

I still prefer Garfield's Spider-Man even after Civil War. Holland just feels completely divorced from the Peter I grew up with.

iosefe

The squid would have been totally laughable and is even the worst moment of the comic.

it would have been weird. i agree the new ending made much more sense, but maybe some weird was what the movie needed.

i will admit, i liked watchman, especially the extended version. i don't think them stitching in black freighter for the ultimate edition was worth it though.

Not really the case with me lol. I think it's one of Snyder's better works, but, that's not exactly a compliment.

Tobey was just a horrible Spidey. Even if I agreed that the Raimi films were good, Garfield had him beat easy, and Holland laps both of em in half an hour in Cap 3. He IS Peter Parker.

jph139

The problem with the Watchmen movie is that Snyder didn't seem to get that it's world and characters are supposed to he horrifying. Like, he thinks heroes being violent, pseudo-fascist thugs is awesome, and the movie revels in their violence rather than condemning it.

(It's still a pretty good movie though.)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The problem with the Watchmen movie is that Snyder didn't seem to get that it's world and characters are supposed to he horrifying. Like, he thinks heroes being violent, pseudo-fascist thugs is awesome, and the movie revels in their violence rather than condemning it.

? Thats what the Watchmen characters mostly are

It's funny. He mentions how the ultra violence is meant to be disgusting and disturbing. I suppose by making it too stylized and well choreographed, people didn't take it that way, and I don't exactly blame them. For me, it only worked when Doc Manhattan exploded goons in a nightclub, and the camera lingers on viscera sprayed on the ceiling and bystanders.

More or less the same approach as A History of Violence, just not entirely successful.

Pachimari

I've read the Spidey spoilers and I have no idea why some people are going "holy shit!" at it. Anyway, still F5'ing for online tickets.

Pachimari

Come to think of it. At this point, I don't think we're gonna get another season of Iron Fist. With Netflix's new approach and willingness to cancel their shows, I think that Marvel TV have been trying to renew a deal with Netflix for Iron Fist, but that Netflix might have been reluctant to give it another shot. So we might as well see Danny in Luke Cage or something.

The only thing talking against this is those unofficial analytics claiming Iron Fist was more popular than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

And talking about Jessica, here she is in a new getup at the set of Jessica Jones season 2:

cPTUSKq.jpg

And here's 2 new Spider-Man: Homecoming posters:

Quick

Banned
I don't think Netflix's approach and willingness to cancel a show has ever changed. It's always been about viewership numbers and whether or not there was enough to keep a show going. I'm pretty sure that's constantly been brought up in the past.

Come to think of it. At this point, I don't think we're gonna get another season of Iron Fist. With Netflix's new approach and willingness to cancel their shows, I think that Marvel TV have been trying to renew a deal with Netflix for Iron Fist, but that Netflix might have been reluctant to give it another shot. So we might as well see Danny in Luke Cage or something.

The only thing talking against this is those unofficial analytics claiming Iron Fist was more popular than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

And talking about Jessica, here she is in a new getup at the set of Jessica Jones season 2:

And here's 2 new Spider-Man: Homecoming posters:

They confirmed the second season of Iron Fist already, I thought?

Top Bottom