• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Come to think of it. At this point, I don't think we're gonna get another season of Iron Fist. With Netflix's new approach and willingness to cancel their shows, I think that Marvel TV have been trying to renew a deal with Netflix for Iron Fist, but that Netflix might have been reluctant to give it another shot. So we might as well see Danny in Luke Cage or something.

The only thing talking against this is those unofficial figures analytics claiming Iron Fist was more popular than Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

And talking about Jessica, here she is in a new getup at the set of Jessica Jones season 2:

And here's 2 new Spider-Man: Homecoming posters:

Well just give Iron Fist one more season then they could make a script for Luke and Danny to form their business, Heroes for Hire.

Glass Rebel

I don't think Netflix's approach and willingness to cancel a show has ever changed. It's always been about viewership numbers and whether or not there was enough to keep a show going. I'm pretty sure that's constantly been brought up in the past.

Yup. They have ramped up original production considerably so obviously there were going to be some failures among them.

As for Iron Fist, it took roughly 2 months from the S1 release of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage respectively to their S2 announcement. We're kinda stretching it here with IF but D23 and ComicCon are coming up so I don't know.

Pachimari

It's just that they cancelled Sense8, a show with no end and a rather popular one, while they've also now started to cancel comedies, that doesn't seem natural. In the TV show thread they're talking about how Netflix is going about cancellation differently now.

I resent that Disney needs Sony for any of this. I'm beginning to doubt we ever see the Sinister Six in the MCU. They're just gonna want them in one of their own darker films after the villains debut in solo Spidey movies.

This sounds like a ploy to get Disney to do the legwork of creating a Spider-Man universe that's worth a damn so they can pull him out and reap the benefits.

Glass Rebel

It's just that they cancelled Super8, a show with no end and a rather popular one, while they've also now started to cancel comedies, that doesn't seem natural. In the TV show thread they're talking about how Netflix is going about cancellation differently now.

I mean, Sense8 was an immensely expensive show that apparently didn't have the success required to keep it going, similar to Marco Polo. I mean, it's not that I don't believe you, I personally just didn't see it like that.

Super8 gave me a good chuckle tho.

so I wasn't that far off the mark when I thought that Feige just found out about it there lmao

Glass Rebel

"What was the inspiration for having such a diverse cast."

"I'd say the inspiration was reality."

full

Pachimari

So is that what the new BP mask looks like with added CG?

Yes, that is his new helmet.

I really wish he could wear the costume from Civil War throughout the entire movie, but it seems they really want to give a new one, since the old one was hard to get on the actor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
playing catch up:

i hope iron fist s2 doesn't happen. roll him into luke cage s3 as a heroes for hire thing.

i am glad this drama happened with sony - just so all the anti mcu crew can come out and talk about how well sony played disney and how the mcu is ruined

that BP helmet is dope

Glass Rebel

playing catch up:

i hope iron fist s2 doesn't happen. roll him into luke cage s3 as a heroes for hire thing.

i am glad this drama happened with sony - just so all the anti mcu crew can come out and talk about how well sony played disney and how the mcu is ruined

that BP helmet is dope

People showing their ass in those threads was funny. It's gonna be even funnier when Black & Silver doesn't happen. Or Venom for that matter.

Really resent no gold on T'Challa.

Inhumans is the first MCU project since Guardians 1 that I'm unsure if Marvel can actually pull off. And even with Guardians, I wasn't this…eh on the project. Hope I'm proven wrong.

El Topo

It's a very different situation, e.g. the sequel was already announced long before Homecoming is going to come out. This also sounds, given his statement, more as if they initially already signed him for (up to) two movies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
"What was the inspiration for having such a diverse cast."

"I'd say the inspiration was reality."

full
People shit on Amy Pascal but that was a damn fine answer.

I like how they left it at that too lol, the guy even made a preamble. Such a dumb question.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Russos were given the job of directing Captain America Civil War after positive test screenings of Winter Soldier.
Time to get hyped.

Damn. May it have finally happened? A great Spider-Man movie after 15 years of waiting? Something with my favorite Superhero that let me feel super happy and excited like a little child (which technical already happened in Civil War...)?

:,)

Peter Parker was in Iron Man 2...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...was-in-iron-man-2_us_59508ea4e4b0da2c731c7080

Marvel fans, if your spidey senses have been tingling for a while, there's a reason for that.

It's been a long-held theory that ”Captain America: Civil War" and ”Spider-Man: Homecoming" aren't Peter Parker's first appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Fans point to a scene from ”Iron Man 2" where a little boy in an Iron Man mask stares down a robot at the Stark Expo. There's speculation that this boy may actually be a young Peter Parker.

As evidence, ”Iron Man 2" was released in 2010. Since Parker is in his mid-teens in ”Spider-Man: Homecoming," which comes out July 7, he would've been about the right age of the kid at the time. Also, the Expo takes place in Queens, Spidey's hometown.

Congrats, theorists. We asked Tom Holland, aka the real Spider-Man, if the theory is true, and he officially confirmed it. In fact, he triple-confirmed it, and he got the info straight from Marvel boss Kevin Feige.

”It is Peter Parker," said Holland.

”It is?" we asked.

”I can confirm that, that is Peter Parker," Holland said.

”No way, for sure?" we asked again.

”I can confirm that as of today. I literally had a conversation with Kevin Feige only 20 minutes ago. Maybe I've just done a big, old spoiler, but it's out there now," said Holland. ”It's cool. I like the idea that Peter Parker has been in the universe since the beginning."

Top Bottom