• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

If it was up to me, I'd have him get the entire thing as the ending of the film. And maybe you end it with the finger snap. Cause that shit is fucking cool.

But that wouldn't work as there are movies and events set between Infinity War and Avengers 4. Infinity War can't end on a cliffhanger like that, it'd be fucking stupid for one but it needs to be a complete film with its own resolution.

Pachimari

New details has surfaced for Hannah John-Kamen's character in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Her name is Dawn and is described as "charismatic, eccentric, unpredictable and damaged."

The movie will have three new females, adding to Dawn is Victoria who is Luis' new girlfriend and described as comic relief, but also a bit of a ”loose cannon" with a ”dangerous edge."

Andy Park has also shared new Thor: Ragnarok artwork he has done for the movie:

LA8mhZY.jpg

Anth0ny

But that wouldn't work as there are movies and events set between Infinity War and Avengers 4. Infinity War can't end on a cliffhanger like that, it'd be fucking stupid for one but it needs to be a complete film with its own resolution.

I think it's pretty clearly going to end on a cliff hanger. Avengers 4 was originally going to be Avengers 3 Part 2 anyways, which is why they're releasing only a year apart. They only changed the name because films with "Part 2" in the title started bombing.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think it's pretty clearly going to end on a cliff hanger. Avengers 4 was originally going to be Avengers 3 Part 2 anyways, which is why they're releasing only a year apart. They only changed the name because films with "Part 2" in the title started bombing.
Yeah, but it will be something small and not Thanos getting the Gauntlet completed, since there are two movies inbetween.

Passes printed and ready for tonight. I'm so scared I won't get in to the showing though, it's at 7:30 and I can't leave work till 5. Ughhhhhhhh pls

El Topo

I heard Spider-Man:Homecoming is gonna get cancelled due to horrendous reviews and a lack of Rhino. That's why there's no tickets available at some cinemas.

Pachimari

You gonna watch Spider-Man: Homecoming tonight? If so, please share your impression in here, I think most of us would love that.

If the line isn't too bad, I will. I got to a screening of CW last year about 30 minutes before the start time and almost didn't make it, so I'm hoping I'll be good about an hour early tonight.

Damned work and rush hour traffic. But yeah, I'll share my thoughts if I get in, guys. Spoiler tagged, of course.

Anth0ny

Yeah, but it will be something small and not Thanos getting the Gauntlet completed, since there are two movies inbetween.

I really doubt Ant-Man + Wasp and Captain Marvel are going to be so integral to the overall story that you must watch them to get the full Avengers 3 -> 4 story.

They probably take place chronologically before Avengers 3.

Quick

Banned
So I booked the Infinity War OT. I know I've done a majority of MCU OTs, and I hope you guys are cool with that still.

I'm open to collaborations if you guys have ideas. Though, it is a year out, so don't even sweat it for now lol.

That said, I'm also interested in doing the Captain Marvel OT, but I won't book it yet in case someone else wants to jump on it.

The cinema I frequent here in London isn't screening Homecoming in their Dolby Atmos screen until two days after release because Baby Driver is using that one. Not sure if I should wait two days or just go to the slightly smaller screen.

Pachimari

The cinema I frequent here in London isn't screening Homecoming in their Dolby Atmos screen until two days after release because Baby Driver is using that one. Not sure if I should wait two days or just go to the slightly smaller screen.
Watch it twice dude, you know it's the only right thing in the world.

Give them MCU suits your coins.

Pachimari

Do we know if he will wear the yellow school jacket on top of his Spidey suit in the movie itself?

Edit: Ah fuck it, their smallest screen that I saw Guardians 2 on still had great sound. I'm goin' day 1, baby.
Tell me I was the one who pushed you. I want to live with the knowledge that I did Mr Feige a good deed.

Do we know if he will wear the yellow school jacket on top of his Spidey suit in the movie itself?
I saw a very quick clip on YouTube where he was but I dunno if that was promo stuff or not.
Tell me I was the one who pushed you. I want to live with the knowledge that I Mr Feige a good deed.
Baby Driver on Monday and Spidey on Wednesday. Ticket prices are a bit steep for me to consider repeat viewings right now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
They introduced this guy as Hannibal Buress but he neither looks or sounds like him.
zAvT1Oo.png

DQHeQtB.jpg

Has Hannibal just gotten super fit in the last year or is some random guy pretending to be Hannibal?

Pachimari

I would have gone twice to the cinema if Spidey would have worn that yellow jacket throughout the entire movie. Yellow on red is always nice on the eyes.

If I'm lucky enough to see Spidey on Wednesday, I'll likely go see it again Thursday since I already bought the damn ticket lmao. 2 viewings for the price of 1.

Really disappointed I couldn't watch it tonight. I should've just asked my boss if I could leave early today and made it up tomorrow, I literally just missed the cut. I was about 8th in line when they said no more.

Fuuuuuuu, seems pretty clear now about Spidey showing up in Venom...

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/880256514853711872
Confirmed in an interview a few days ago (though it sounds like Pascal still thinks there's a small possibility by saying "for now", probably not something she's winning though)
http://collider.com/venom-spider-man-mcu-explained/

Collider: Can Spider-Man be in an establishing shot swinging by in the Venom movie or does that immediately make him a part of the MCU, if you put that in there?

Kevin Feige: I think, if it looks like the MCU Spider-Man, that would probably be the case since that probably is smart. I think what they’re doing is smart in saying, “How do we make a great Venom movie?” and as I’ve already said, I don’t know much about it, but I know they started with casting Tom Hardy, which is pretty smart.

Amy Pascal: It’s pretty smart.

Collider: Just to be definitive, Spider-Man will not appear in any of these spinoffs for now.

Pascal: For now, correct. All of them are part of the Marvel comic universe. Not all of them are part of Marvel cinematic universe.

Fuuuuuuu, seems pretty clear now about Spidey showing up in Venom...

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/880256514853711872

Two minutes later they'll ask Amy Pascal. She'll say Tom Holland's Spidey is 120% in Venom. In the background you'll see Feige throw his hat down and stomp on it.

Jokes aside, since SMH2 is meant to have another MCU character featured, Kraven's Last Hunt with Cap in the beginning helping take down Vermin would be neat.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really doubt Ant-Man + Wasp and Captain Marvel are going to be so integral to the overall story that you must watch them to get the full Avengers 3 -> 4 story.

They probably take place chronologically before Avengers 3.
I dont think so and I would bet money

iosefe

you know what sucks? there was apparently an advanced screening of homecoming at the mall 10 minutes away form me and i had no idea.

and it seems everyone on my facebook who saw it loved it

Pachimari

Damn there's a wall of white bars in the Spider-Man impressions thread now, and I am constantly peeking slowly left to right. I gotta stop doing that.

Let this thread be my safe haven.

Watch Tom Holland's entrance at the Hollywood premiere here.

Wait, now I wonder if that was Tom Holland in the suit, or if he was just in the car until the very end when he comes out lmao. It probably was Tom with all of them flicks, but would Sony and Marvel want for him to do these in front of a live audience I dunno.

Top Bottom