• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

We've had plenty of threads solely about Feige's comments. Maybe shitty is a strong choice of words, I will admit that (and tried to soften it with 'kinda'), but he's said plenty of things over the years when it comes to women in MCU. I'm too lazy to find the last big thread, but this one has quite a few dumb statements already. I think we had more extensive threads at GAF, but I'm too lazy to search right now.

Hey, we will know when they show their next slate of movies if Feige is all talk.

That's true. Captain Marvel absolutely shouldn't be the rare female led Marvel movie. IIRC there's nothing announced past 2019 (or 2020?), but when they start announcing, that'll be key.

Let's be honest: If Marvel had the rights to the X-Men, they wouldn't be busy making solo movies for female X-Men.

You're not wrong, though I think that's largely a factor of them pretty much all being X-Men or X-team related. Even Fox has only been able to successfully spin off Wolverine despite trying to get Magneto and Gambit and whatever else movies off the ground.

You're not wrong, though I think that's largely a factor of them pretty much all being X-Men or X-team related. Even Fox has only been able to successfully spin off Wolverine despite trying to get Magneto and Gambit and whatever else movies off the ground.
They need to let someone make an r rated movie In genosha. Humans v mutants : whew: call it Erik or something

Let's be honest: If Marvel had the rights to the X-Men, they wouldn't be busy making solo movies for female X-Men.

If someone made X-Men movies with well-balanced teams, I wouldn't ask for female-led X-Men movies. I don't think the only problem of the MCU is that they don't have enough names of female characters in their movie titles.

If someone made X-Men movies with well-balanced teams, I wouldn't ask for female-led X-Men movies. I don't think the only problem of the MCU is that they don't have enough names of female characters in their movie titles.

Definitely not the only problem. Like I said, they don't really have an excuse for not making a B&W movie except maybe they just didn't have any good ideas for one. It's just an observation I've noticed for a while that most of the female Marvel heroes I can name off the top of my head are mutants or the Invisible Woman and that's probably not uncommon.

Pachimari

Scarlet has been pushing for a Black Widow solo movie herself, and if I remember correctly, she wanted it to explore the past of her character, like the red room and such.

Also, they could do a Wasp and the Ant-Man; there's your solo female led movie with an Ant-Man cameo lol. That would actually be kinda cool. I would want it to be upbeat and light-hearted. I love how upbeat her new comics series is.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Scarlet has been pushing for a Black Widow solo movie herself, and if I remember correctly, she wanted it to explore the past of her character, like the red room and such.

Also, they could do a Wasp and the Ant-Man; there's your solo female led movie with an Ant-Man cameo lol. That would actually be kinda cool. I would want it to be upbeat and light-hearted. I love how upbeat her new comics series is.

I'd love for the last movie to just be called The Wasp, with the movies shifting focus to her over the trilogy. Maybe have her lead the Earthbound Avengers like in the 80s

Ant-Man
Ant-Man & The Wasp
The Wasp

I can't remember whether the discussion surrounding who came up with Spidey's moving eyes was in this or the early reactions topic but if you watch the 'film by Peter Parker' uploaded to PSN you can see that his homemade lenses do move, so I think we can say they were Peter's idea, not Tony's.

jon bones

I can't remember whether the discussion surrounding who came up with Spidey's moving eyes was in this or the early reactions topic but if you watch the 'film by Peter Parker' uploaded to PSN you can see that his homemade lenses do move, so I think we can say they were Peter's idea, not Tony's.

is that from the movie or a brand new scene?

Fhtagn

I'd love for the last movie to just be called The Wasp, with the movies shifting focus to her over the trilogy. Maybe have her lead the Earthbound Avengers like in the 80s

Ant-Man
Ant-Man & The Wasp
The Wasp

I like this idea a lot!

I would also love to eventually see an Ultimates movie.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
We already knew that.
In CW when Tony goes to Peter's apartment and finds the suit, he asks if he can see anything with those lenses and the shutters are visible. Peter then explains that he now has super-heightened senses and needs that to reduce the amount of extra info to help him focus.

Polarburr

Just curious with what you guys think...

Who do you think is gonna get the most screen time? RDJ not included of course.

I'm really hoping we get a good amount of Dr. Strange in this. And I'm hoping he's heavily involved in the plot.

Pachimari

New full-body art of Krugarr from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (more at link):
krugarr-concept-art-01-1005564.jpg
Now, thanks to brilliant concept artist Ian Joyner, we have one of the best looks at a full-bodied Krugarr. In the concept art, we see a comic-accurate red-skinned Krugarr wearing a jet pack of sorts complete with the Ravager patch on his shoulder.
As Doctor Strange ascending to the role as the Ancient One, Krugarr then went on to become the 31st century Sorcerer Supreme, aiding the Guardians on several occasions.

New video of Doctor Strange at the set of Avengers: Infinity War

New figure showing Loki's new costume in Thor: Ragnarok:

James Gunn reveals he would like to include Ant-Man in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Jon Watts reveals how Marvel keeps track of continuity:
"There's an actual scroll that they unrolled for me," Watts revealed to Entertainment Weekly. ”One of my producers, Eric Carroll, it was his first job at Marvel to work on a timeline and see where things line up and see where things didn't quite line up. Like, ‘Oh, that's when Captain America is born.'"
”Uh yes, it's very long. It's the most amazing thing because it starts, honestly, at the beginning of time — I don't remember specifically, but I think it has something to do with Thor." He adds, ”It is truly an amazing document."

We already knew that.
In CW when Tony goes to Peter's apartment and finds the suit, he asks if he can see anything with those lenses and the shutters are visible. Peter then explains that he now has super-heightened senses and needs that to reduce the amount of extra info to help him focus.

The goggles we see in the Civil War footage are just goggles (this image posted by the Russos during filming shows that they were just covered lenses rather than the electronic lenses that change depending on Peter's needs).

The eyes on the suit in Homecoming are different and they obviously just used that suit to film the pre-Civil War footage, but we can take that to mean they're retconning the eyes and are happy with Peter being credited as the creator of the changing lenses rather than Tony.

It's not a big deal but I saw a few people being pissed off that Tony was responsible for so many of the iconic parts of Spidey's design and this puts that to rest, even if it is a retcon.

jon bones

The goggles we see in the Civil War footage are just goggles (this image posted by the Russos during filming shows that they were just covered lenses rather than the electronic lenses that change depending on Peter's needs).

The eyes on the suit in Homecoming are different and they obviously just used that suit to film the pre-Civil War footage, but we can take that to mean they're retcon-ing the eyes and are happy with Peter being credited as the creator of the changing lenses rather than Tony.

It's not a big deal but I saw a few people being pissed off that Tony was responsible for so many of the iconic parts of Spidey's design and this puts that to rest, even if it is a retcon.

yeah if Peter made both the eyes and webbing i am good with it

only thing left is to see if the different web configs were parker or stark

Neoxon

The eyes on the suit in Homecoming are different and they obviously just used that suit to film the pre-Civil War footage, but we can take that to mean they're retconning the eyes and are happy with Peter being credited as the creator of the changing lenses rather than Tony.

To be fair, the goggles in that image still look like they can open up wider.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This just in: Guy who's been doing cocaine daily for years says he won't do it for two weeks.

Its the slippery slope with spoilers. I dont expect anyone here to be so mean and spoil anything on purpose, but since it seem like the movie has started in the US, its getting to dangerous :D

Pachimari

Edit: Here's a link to the WIP. I'm nowhere near done.

I actually worked on something similar as well in Photoshop but got sidetracked. This looks good, keep it up.

By the way, Agents of Shield won't be at Comic Con this year which is a bummer. But The Defenders will be at Hall H so that's pretty huge. We will probably get a trailer.

What else can we expect from Comic Con? Trailers for Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther? To me it just seems too soon for another Black Panther trailer since we just got one not long ago.

And what about Inhumans, Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors, will they participate in Comic Con?

Pachimari

Tony Revolori explains his version of the Flash character:
”I don't want to be a physical bully or anything like that because that's not really what happens now. It's all about the social comments on social media and everything. And so how do you bring that online bully to real life?"
”I [want] to make sure people know where [Flash is] coming from. Why he is the way he is. He's cocky because of money, but he's also not the best so he hates Peter for the fact that it comes so easy to him We made it so that way, Flash is Peter's equal. He's just as smart. They all go to this school and sure maybe Flash's dad pays for him to go there, but regardless, he is a smart kid. And I think by that fact we didn't want to make it...you can't be smart and a jock and be this physical a-hole."

Entertainment Weekly with new shots of Spider-Man: Homecoming:
There's more in the link.

shingi70

Banned
I totally loved that shot in the trailer, I really felt the punch.

I just really wish they had went with the mask. I am mind-boggled as to why they didn't. Marvel dammit.
Maybe they're planning to pull the ultimate and have the shocker get foiled in every homecoming movie.

Top Bottom