• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

CTGdIWS.png

If anything Kaine's gonna be a costume for Spider-Man. If Red Hulk, Sabretooth and Spider-Man 2099 aren't their own characters, Kaine never will be either.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I sometimes wonder what horrible trauma poor Drayco suffered in his youth that makes him actually like such a dumb character.

Drayco21

In what way?

Spider-Man doesn't turn into an enormous rage monster. Or turn invisible. Or burn people's faces off. Or have paralyzing assassin's creed stinger blades. Or summon hordes of actual spiders. Or have a sidekick God of War do telepathy shit for him from a distance.

X-23 and Carnage have the same powers as their counterparts already in the game, they just use them differently. Kaine uses the powers he shares differently as well, but he also just straight up has a bunch of other weird shit he can do.

Drayco21

He can Hulk-out? Why have I never seen or heard about this?

Because the only people who read Scarlet Spider are the people I yelled at to read Scarlet Spider until they did.

He became the host for The Other (which Peter briefly was, and abandoned around the mephisto marriage business), which lets him give in to a predatory spider-god monster, and brings him back to life every time he dies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder why theres no advance pack 3. Not to speculate on the state of the game...

...but it totally makes me speculate on the state of the game >_>

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
They probably can't keep pumping heroes out at this pace or something.

I'm gonna say there's enough evidence to suggest (like every single patch) that the current level of content output is unsustainable, especially given recent layoffs. I expect the pace will be less breakneck next year and hopefully focus more on decent balance across the entire roster (lol) and putting out some gd content.

Also as for no AP, I think they've already said. I don't think they wanna tie themselves down like that anymore and commit to more than they can handle.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thye have subsidized now. more people wil buy the packs that are 3 heroes than the intital 12. as much as the 12pack you save money in long run many people see the cheaper pack and go hell yea.

so for gazillion to maximise cost/profit thats clearly their best option

think of it like a phone contract, many people get them cos the cost is cheap per month but at the end of it they have paid nearly double the cost of phone

thye have subsidized now. more people wil buy the packs that are 3 heroes than the intital 12. as much as the 12pack you save money in long run many people see the cheaper pack and go hell yea.

think of it like a phone contract, many people get them cos the cost is cheap per month but at the end of it they have paid nearly double the cost of phone

We've talked about this. Those three character packs exist already, so this doesn't change anything on that front. Furthermore, there are actually a handful of reasons why offering only the three character packs is worse than also having cheaper full Advance Pack. Money is NOT the reason they'd drop the AP.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

We've talked about this. Those three character packs exist already, so this doesn't change anything on that front. Furthermore, there are actually a handful of reasons why offering only the three character packs is worse than also having cheaper full Advance Pack. Money is NOT the reason they'd drop the AP.

It's probably a combination of both. They likely don't want to be locked into a set ~12 heroes for the whole year for both flexibility and time constraint purposes, and anyone who would have bought an AP is likely to buy all the separate 3-4 hero packs anyway.

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
Finally got my tenth title, and earned my Purple eyes visual.

Looks good on a few, some not so much.

Looks great on my ghost rider, and really looks awesome on classic outfit Magneto.

Shame Mag's the fucken shits and I don't want to play his low dmg dealing ass.

Man they need to tune some of these motherfuckers. Might see more variety in hubs than the same characters over and over.

Getting close to finishing the level quest. Luke Cage up to 42 (I plan to take him to 50 through ICP/LQs), everyone who isn't 60 already is now 55 or 56.
I think I'll wrap this shit up today or tomorrow.

Is is possible to clear the Cosmic Trial with all characters?
I tried with Emma the other night, but the best I could do was get Madam Hydra to about half-health.

Indignate

Is is possible to clear the Cosmic Trial with all characters?
I tried with Emma the other night, but the best I could do was get Madam Hydra to about half-health.

Yeah, I just did it. I had a minute left on each boss. About 2800 omega points, health and spirit medkit (no invul), and used my ult on Skull. Mental build obv. If you mean that you're getting to Hydra and running out of time, then you probably just need better stuff. Also, make sure your snapshotting Unlock Potential when you can, especially against the bosses. It's an extra 5% to your overall damage with just a single value point.

I don't think luck has much to do with it, just have good stuff and dodge a lot of the stronger abilities and you're fine.

emcos.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We are in the process of finalizing rewards from the completion chest awarded at the end of a Danger Room scenario. While these are not live in today's build, this is the design we have for them.

Let us know your constructive feedback on the contents and any suggestions you might have.

Disclaimer: These are not final and will continue to be iterated on based on feedback.

Each chest is guaranteed to drop the below items upon completion of the scenario.

Common/White
2 random pure elements
10 Merits
Bonus Merits

Uncommon/Green
2 Uncommon Insignias
2 random pure elements
Green Ring
1 4 stat core
20 Merits
Bonus Merits

Rare/Blue
Uncommon or below scenario
2 random pure elements
2 Rare insignias
Blue Ring
1 4 stat core
30 Merits
Bonus Merits

Epic/Purple
Rare or below scenario
2 random pure elements
1 Unique
2 Epic Insignias
Purple Ring
1 4 stat core
50 Merits
Bonus Merits

Cosmic/Yellow
Epic or below scenario
4 random pure elements
Cosmic Insignia
Cosmic Ring
2 4 stat cores
2 Uniques
Unstable Molecule
Small chance of a Danger Room Black Box
90 Merits
Bonus Merits

still very meh on rewards considering this mode is aimed at veteran / maxed players

inky

Is there any exciting loot in this game anymore other than half a dozen artifacts that will probably have shit rolls anyway?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there any exciting loot in this game anymore other than half a dozen artifacts that will probably have shit rolls anyway?

The best items were always the flavor ones for me, sabretooth on wolverine, ironman on squirrel girl, the cyclops pet on emma

Then the game went in the "loldps" route :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the defence changes are looking pretty ugly right now to be honest

typical gaz fashion

Active Team-Ups - now absorb 5% of player damage instead of 10%, which should help bridge the gap between passive and active Team-ups. Mob damage has been adjusted to factor in this extra damage, and Team-Ups should be slightly tankier due to not absorbing that damage.

this means we take 5% more dmg

but then

Boss & Enemy damage globally reduced 5% (game-wide).

so those changes completey out weigh each other and are a pointless change lol (to the player not team up)

Anoregon

Well the point was so that there was no net change if you leave your teamup on active, but reduces the defense difference between active and passive. So not totally pointless.

Yeah, I just did it. I had a minute left on each boss. About 2800 omega points, health and spirit medkit (no invul), and used my ult on Skull. Mental build obv. If you mean that you're getting to Hydra and running out of time, then you probably just need better stuff. Also, make sure your snapshotting Unlock Potential when you can, especially against the bosses. It's an extra 5% to your overall damage with just a single value point.

I don't think luck has much to do with it, just have good stuff and dodge a lot of the stronger abilities and you're fine.

emcos.jpg

Each boss? I assumed Madam Hydra was the only one. lol. This may be beyond me.
I have never really had a build for dps before, just style. Normally I use Mind Crush<Psychic Blast<Kneel Before Me and Unlock Potential. My gear is solid, but not top tier (gok, ESP Box, ), good roll uniques. I only have levelled the boots to 64 (or something else expensive you could do to them?), because I wanted to find perfect uniques before investing in them.
Hydra Hulkbusters are tough. They one shot me, on a 300 ping.

Dec

the defence changes are looking pretty ugly right now to be honest

typical gaz fashion

this means we take 5% more dmg

but then

so those changes completey out weigh each other and are a pointless change lol (to the player not team up)

Previously people that used their team up out all the time took 10% less damage (it was transferred to the team up), now they take 5% less damage than people that don't have their team up out, but incoming damage is reduced by 5%.

Players that use their team up out all the time still take 10% less damage, there is no change. Players that use their team ups for passives take 5% less damage than they took before.

It was a huge plus for having your team up always summoned since flat damage negation is very powerful in the new defense rework.

Defense rework is intended to change this and seems very promising.

Anoregon

People who don't have their teamups summoned 100% of the time are weirdos anyway.

Bladelaw

Each boss? I assumed Madam Hydra was the only one. lol. This may be beyond me.
I have never really had a build for dps before, just style. Normally I use Mind Crush<Psychic Blast<Kneel Before Me and Unlock Potential. My gear is solid, but not top tier (gok, ESP Box, ), good roll uniques. I only have levelled the boots to 64 (or something else expensive you could do to them?), because I wanted to find perfect uniques before investing in them.
Hydra Hulkbusters are tough. They one shot me, on a 300 ping.

Ok so for maximum "ease" in the cosmic trial I'd recommend the following:

Team-Up: any Deadpool variant. The server lag graphic is annoying but it locks the Hulkbusters
Core: Invul on medkit, helps mitigate the DOT from Skull's dust of death if you get caught in it.
Medallion: Madam Hydra medallion for the DPS and invul proc is nice again as a breather.
Legendary: Warlock's Eye lv80, M'kraan lvl 70(if there's spirit issues), Gungnir lvl 70 otherwise.

The rest is just uniques (ilvl 66 is nice ilvl 69 is better), Decent artifacts with Hela's Blessings. A tanky insignia helps and the Cyclops insignia has a bunch of nice buffs.

Don't underestimate the value of Omegas. If you need some tanky nodes, Blob and Advanced Mandroid Armor are good choices (mandroid less so because your Emma isn't melee)

Damages nodes would be SPIN Tech, Xerogenesis, Warpath, Sabretooth, Psylocke (if you dash a lot), and Mind Over Matter. There's a ton of choices for damage but there's a couple basic ones.

I've managed to clear the Cosmic Trial with every hero using some variant of the above so I know it can be done. The catch is I have access to almost everything (Axis Raid uniques and the new boss artifacts are the exception) and 7500 Omega points to throw at my problems.

And don't worry about the 10k credits to upgrade a unique, that takes no time to replace and the boost is worth it if you put it on the best thing you've found so far.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
And with that, the helpful stranger vanished, leaving MH Gaf wondering: Just who is this mysterious Bladelaw?

Stay tuned!

Anoregon

Magik stream at 4 pacific today. I might check that out, I still haven't really seen her in action as I don't bother downloading TC myself.

Rhaknar

oh she has actual demons and not those fucking stupid purple things?

inky

*insert another comment about how FCs are your fault because you kept buying them and I told you all it would happen and you didn't listen*

;P

Top Bottom