• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised it took the new VO for Magik to start garnering complaints. Her accent wasn't good at all for the TU version either. Must run in the family too 'cause Colossus has an even more fake/forced accent.

Almost all the voices in the game are bad so I don't even pay attention to it anymore and I always listen to music or podcasts while playing this anyway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp thats my phone dead. thats what I get for badmouthing the limbo queen >_>

edit: why is a white costumed Elektra standing in the Midtown vendor area?

BEE362AEC39357C66764C03EDE68B2B54AF825D0

Ploid 3.0

welp thats my phone dead. thats what I get for badmouthing the limbo queen >_>

edit: why is a white costumed Elektra standing in the Midtown vendor area?

No idea, I saw two in a area I was in. I didn't even know there was a white costumed Electra. I went to the costume store to make sure she wasn't added or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
after getting Magik to 60 been doing limbo with all my characters for the 3 points. I must be getting carried to shit because im doing it easily with everyone so far

also, didnt know they changed black panther, I wonder who else changed without me knowing. They really love those "choose one of these 3 things that will affect your build" talents now dont they?

edit: also those points are weird, you dont really have a place to put them usually, you already have your 8 skills with 20 points and then a few 1 pointers. Im putting them on the defensive passives on most characters which are usually 1 pointers , get a bit more health/dodge/etc /shrug

Dec

after getting Magik to 60 been doing limbo with all my characters for the 3 points. I must be getting carried to shit because im doing it easily with everyone so far

also, didnt know they changed black panther, I wonder who else changed without me knowing. They really love those "choose one of these 3 things that will affect your build" talents now dont they?

edit: also those points are weird, you dont really have a place to put them usually, you already have your 8 skills with 20 points and then a few 1 pointers. Im putting them on the defensive passives on most characters which are usually 1 pointers , get a bit more health/dodge/etc /shrug

Def passives are ok to put points into now if you have free points.

WM and Venom definitely are, but BP is a little harder to recommend. Also you don't get to choose who you get in your BOGO (if that's what you were implying).

No, I have 900G so I can get 2 of those since all 50% off and then I was willing to spend up to $20 for the rest (which I should be able to do). Still haven't heard back on my ticket yet either. Venom is super fun so far with the free 10 levels. Probably get it him.

inky

1fYg3bn.png

I like enhanced costumes Gaz, I do, but stop with these damn repeats pls.

I got X-23 token with 95% of the roster already, so that was neat at least.

Rhaknar

bought:

Psylock House of My - Got Classic Nightcrawler from bogo
New X-Men Jean - Got First Avenger Cap
Rocket Racoon Marvel Now - Got Classic Spiderman

Got AOA Jean (dupe) from the blender but then I had some other stuff to blend with that one from before, and got Rachel Enhanced for Punisher from the blender, not too bad I guess. At least it wasnt a dupe

shame its a silly arbitrary "black costumes" sale and not across the board (for 50% that is), I would have instantly bought Wolverine X-23 and Marvel Now Cable for example. Oh well, less money for u Gaz!

edit: thats a complete lie because I bought 5500g like a fucking moron and only spend like 1000. Guess ill save it for the next proper 50% sale, or for some 2016 heroes since theres no advance pack this time

Rhaknar

Gwen has the same amount of black as Superior and yet it's not on sale.

clearly sexist gaz i expected more

the superior costume (get it? no, but really, do you get it?) has the better sale, its only logical

I fucking love that costume

zorbsie

BOGO Sale was OK for me. Picked up War Machine, Wolverince and Captain Marvel. Got Moon Knight, Deadpool and Hawkeye as randoms. Too many to level up. lol. I'm still working on getting Hulk up to 60.

Xevren

Picked up War Machine and xforce costume for X-23. Blendered some old stuff and got Earth X Daredevil. Pretty happy about that.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm actually not gonna get anything. Only costume tempting me is Psylocke's House of M but I barely play her anymore and already have her Lady Mandarin so I'm not too bothered.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I bought the movie war machine costume, got a crappy Cap costume, used that in the blender and got a crappy gambit costume

THANKSGIVING RUINED.

I spent more during the sale than I intended to.
I bought..

1. War Machines alt black armor. I havent even used him yet, but Im sure he's my kind of character. I was worried his alt black armor looked too similar to his default, but it looked unique enough on youtube, so I bought it. I got that yellow and brown Gambit costume with it (the kitten one). Its pretty solid, though Im not much of a Gambit player.

2. Scarlet Witches sexy tight black pants and red halter top outfit. This time I got the Wiccan enhanced costume with it. The quality of Wiccan is top notch, but I cant see myself using that costume much.

3. Psylockes House of M costume. I ignored this costume up until now, because I assumed Psylockes weird body proportions were never fixed by Gaz, but its cheap price made me look closer, I took a gamble and I think its really great...

J9koz-6-oX9Byhv__7sWm-Hg_TIck323FTZ3VHj4_tqUCqNGMTH-8uCirTVlm6hKSo9Qutfe2PcplhuB7MAZjXjggHrcQ8vt5mcgZwrrWrO5VkZGUSBWOT5oO5UJJliornqrl0FgCBvwwTWoq4lWQjKIThyXkTjqAP_obiFNO3yyuYM93f0ZMgyiNlnPh4QOKe9OcGqR6v7kQGOwu-Xq4AuoPjjtvVhmAOCi8ygdSb8Pxu6Mk5TUZdhRM2TCp2Qg9oDIDTgZlA5luEUA6MLe4VBQm_3fejmtK4xpFMxONcsl8DZIBXMDeGfOnDb95FqwXUuOwW0YWFR1PASysWsvP47UD8v7cPPGwjBj2R94seS7DUQ_j1qZx_Nw4wkuSKlRL8VVlkQu3Zz58OOOqeVGVIDYLxJHvBAM2ubLVDbrRRgDed1JF7uE0VmjyXHCdh44y1rP37Ebu3-DaKp6StGNWQZd27lESktCgxGhPgO_xGMqGapYm30SmHESC6e3ffVAasC9kGX-UfTrgZ8i0qaRyoPdrJl-vUNK4IcBWCS7G6A=w498-h685-no

You can see Gaz did improve her body along with her face and hair. It only cost 375g too. Im super happy with it. I got Iron Mans chunky Mark 1 armor as the freebie. This is the third time I've gotten that IM armor in a random box or blender :/

4. Black Juggernaut armor. I havent used Juggs yet either, but will get around to it eventually. He looks cool and I used to love him in XvSF. I got Ghost Riders Fantastic 4 suit with this. At least its not a dupe.

Then I blendered my unwanted mk1 Ironman armor with some other junk and got Nova (old?) outfit. It is ugly as sin, but will at least give me some variety when I level him. Luckily his default outfit looks so good.

I spent more during the sale than I intended to.
I bought..

1. War Machines alt black armor. I havent even used him yet, but Im sure he's my kind of character. I was worried his alt black armor looked too similar to his default, but it looked unique enough on youtube, so I bought it. I got that yellow and brown Gambit costume with it (the kitten one). Its pretty solid, though Im not much of a Gambit player.

2. Scarlet Witches sexy tight black pants and red halter top outfit. This time I got the Wiccan enhanced costume with it. The quality of Wiccan is top notch, but I cant see myself using that costume much.

3. Psylockes House of M costume. I ignored this costume up until now, because I assumed Psylockes weird body proportions were never fixed by Gaz, but its cheap price made me look closer, I took a gamble and I think its really great...

J9koz-6-oX9Byhv__7sWm-Hg_TIck323FTZ3VHj4_tqUCqNGMTH-8uCirTVlm6hKSo9Qutfe2PcplhuB7MAZjXjggHrcQ8vt5mcgZwrrWrO5VkZGUSBWOT5oO5UJJliornqrl0FgCBvwwTWoq4lWQjKIThyXkTjqAP_obiFNO3yyuYM93f0ZMgyiNlnPh4QOKe9OcGqR6v7kQGOwu-Xq4AuoPjjtvVhmAOCi8ygdSb8Pxu6Mk5TUZdhRM2TCp2Qg9oDIDTgZlA5luEUA6MLe4VBQm_3fejmtK4xpFMxONcsl8DZIBXMDeGfOnDb95FqwXUuOwW0YWFR1PASysWsvP47UD8v7cPPGwjBj2R94seS7DUQ_j1qZx_Nw4wkuSKlRL8VVlkQu3Zz58OOOqeVGVIDYLxJHvBAM2ubLVDbrRRgDed1JF7uE0VmjyXHCdh44y1rP37Ebu3-DaKp6StGNWQZd27lESktCgxGhPgO_xGMqGapYm30SmHESC6e3ffVAasC9kGX-UfTrgZ8i0qaRyoPdrJl-vUNK4IcBWCS7G6A=w498-h685-no

You can see Gaz did improve her body along with her face and hair. It only cost 375g too. Im super happy with it. I got Iron Mans chunky Mark 1 armor as the freebie. This is the third time I've gotten that IM armor in a random box or blender :/

4. Black Juggernaut armor. I havent used Juggs yet either, but will get around to it eventually. He looks cool and I used to love him in XvSF. I got Ghost Riders Fantastic 4 suit with this. At least its not a dupe.

Then I blendered my unwanted mk1 Ironman armor with some other junk and got Nova (old?) outfit. It is ugly as sin, but will at least give me some variety when I level him. Luckily his default outfit looks so good.

Holy shit that's night and day better.

Also, Marvel finally refunded me for X23 that I brought up before so my free hero was Ant Man and I got refunded the difference in credit.

Purchased Vision during the BOGO and ended up getting Iron Man as my freebie. Just wish I didn't have 5 or so open world retail titles to play through right now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I will buy Gwen for 50% off.

They can't give me that "she's too new" bullshit cuz she's been out for like a year already for pack peeps.

Nah homie, just play Overwatch.

i has Overwatch hoodie

LSil2Ch.jpg

Rhaknar

going through all the characters doing limbo and seeing some changes I didnt know happened, Gambit feels much better these days. its amazing what giving a couple of spells cooldowns completely smoothes out your specs and rotations

cooldowns are a good thing Gaz, good on you

Mark I is the best armor. The game should be giving it out like candy. Working as intended.

Well, at least it has its own style amongst the 1000 suits IM seems to have I suppose.

Holy shit that's night and day better.

Yeah, its huge. I never thought I would prestige Psylocke until now.

Do you not get splinters if the monsters level is red? I haven't been getting anything for the last hour. :/

Back in the day, red and grey enemies wouldnt drop Splinters. I would imagine that rule hasnt changed, though I also wonder where you are fighting red enemies since the difficulty levels were removed from Story mode.

Well, at least it has its own style amongst the 1000 suits IM seems to have I suppose.

Yeah, its huge. I never thought I would prestige Psylocke until now.

Back in the day, red and grey enemies wouldnt drop Splinters. I would imagine that rule hasnt changed, though I also wonder where you are fighting red enemies since the difficulty levels were removed from Story mode.
I might be saying it wrong, the little color tab of their difficulty was red. There one that means they're much higher level than me. I'm trying to play through the last level of story mode (chapter 7?)

Chapter 9 is the last chapter of story mode.

And if you are outclassed very much XP-wise, you get the same amount of XP and same kind of drops as if you were playing vs. grey enemies (i.e. the ones far below your level).

Chapter 9 is the last chapter of story mode.

And if you are outclassed very much XP-wise, you get the same amount of XP and same kind of drops as if you were playing vs. grey enemies (i.e. the ones far below your level).

Ah, 9 is the last. Forgot you had to scroll to see some of them. And that's disappointing. I guess I have to grind somewhere. :/

inky

I thought Story Mode was now balanced to get to 60 just doing most quests.

I leveled 2 characters to 60 in 2 days and I was always 60 before I even reached Loki. I understand I have boosts and XP synergies that people with new accounts don't, but I also skip most areas and just run bee line the bosses.

In any case, I recommend a round or two of MM to close the gap.

I don't think quest XP scale with XP bonuses, but I'm not sure.
Either way, I got Magik up to 58 with just the quest XP. The rest I leveled in ICP.

Rhaknar

I can feel my soul drain from my asshole as I grind Limbo with every character

Not sure what pretty much any of those are so I'll have to look up acronyms. :lol

I don't know I feel like I kind of went out of my est to uncover the whole Mario for each level and I'm progressing faster than the game days I should. I have no xp buffs though

inky

LQ = Legendary Quests. Unlocked at level 20. You can see them at the top of your Mission Log and they give great XP rewards.

ICP = Industry City Patrol
MM= Midtown Manhattan

Both are public free roam modes. You can get at them from any terminal.

XP = experience ;P

Top Bottom