• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC info roundup

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If this movie is set in the past what the fuck was Captain Marvel doing all this time? Unless she was locked up in the recesses of space that just looks bad. Especially as Nick Fuy knows about her.

Nodnol

Can't believe how good Thor looks. The first trailer was great and the latest just reinforces the idea that this will be fun.

Sesha

If this movie is set in the past what the fuck was Captain Marvel doing all this time? Unless she was locked up in the recesses of space that just looks bad. Especially as Nick Fuy knows about her.

CM is held in cryosleep on a Kree or Skrull world that Thanos attacks/destroys in IW. IW post-credits scene shows Carol escaping. Fury presumed her dead after the events of the CM movie.

There are many ways to explain it.

Wasn't Uatu in Guardians 2?

No, just generic Watchers.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
CM is held in cryosleep on a Kree or Skrull world that Thanos attacks/destroys in IW. IW post-credits scene shows Carol escaping. Fury presumed her dead after the events of the CM movie.

There are many ways to explain it.

No, just generic Watchers.

So like said locked up in the dark recesses of space.

Cuburt

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand they can bring back Ronan for Captain Marvel. I'd like to see him smash some Skrull heads one time.
That's silly because Ronan's dead, it's not like this takes place in the 90's where-
kvpaw.gif

.....where Ronan is still alive!

Having Carol be in the middle of the Kree/Skrull war and making her story even more intertwined with the Kree, and their official full introduction as a race in the MCU, seems to me like the best possible approach for a solo Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel film.

El Topo

I know nothing about Cpt Marvel, does she age?

We don't know anything about her MCU version. Given her part-Kree physiology in the comics, it's not unreasonable that she would age slowly there.
But really, we have no idea how this will work and/or tie into the rest of MCU. They have already done the whole unfrozen thing with CA, so I would assume they will go with the angle that she is older, but ages slowly.

Glass Rebel

Another thing to consider with Captain Marvel in the 90s and Nick Fury's appearance is the state of SHIELD during that time. Hank Pym leaves in 1989 and the Starks get murdered by the Winter Soldier in 1991. SHIELD is probably in a state of turmoil during the time CM takes place.

Also, about her aging or lack thereof: You can easily explain it away with her Kree physiology and/or space travel.

dabig2

Right so -

Cap in early 40s.
OG Ant-Man in 80s.
Cap Marvel in 90s.
Iron Man from 2008.

Pretty cool how they're going retro and filling in gaps.

It would be awesome if they do a Blue Marvel movie in the 60s. Give me a Blade movie set in the 70s too.

And if they were to ever get the rights back to FF, have it set in the late 50s during the cowboy era of the space age (first humans in space then!) and then have them get time displaced so they end up in the current era.

Eggbok

So my friend told me that Hulk has been Hulk for atleast 2 years straight without turning back into Bruce which is how he can talk now, that's crazy if true. Those Hulk shits must be killer.

SpaceWolf

Banned
So, I'm sure this has already been discussed but...Captain Marvel is set in the early 90s? Does this mean Brie Larson is going to have to look 25 years older by the time she turns up for Infinity War?

Quick

Banned
So, I'm sure this has already been discussed but...Captain Marvel is set in the early 90s? Does this mean Brie Larson is going to have to look 25 years older by the time she turns up for Infinity War?

Infinity War is actually just 8 years after Captain Marvel.

🤔

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Don't they mention Captain Marvel in Doctor Strange? Isn't she the 22 year old female, electronic implant with schizophrenia struck by lighting?

Ghost is a fucking rad pick for Ant-Man & Wasp. Every year they dig out some character I never thought I'd seen on a movie screen and use them.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
with Ghost, its basically as though Thunderbolts are confirmed at this point... shit they should make William Hurt a Skrull and throw some Secret Invasion in

Is that concept art or fan made?

its legit

Don't they mention Captain Marvel in Doctor Strange? Isn't she the 22 year old female, electronic implant with schizophrenia struck by lighting?

nah, and they're not making that Carols back story

Auctopus

Sorry, have I missed a link where Bruce Banner just decides to go be a Gladiator on another planet?

I'm caught up on Marvel and I feel like we're missing a motive there. Is that going to be explained?

Rad-

Sorry, have I missed a link where Bruce Banner just decides to go be a Gladiator on another planet?

I'm caught up on Marvel and I feel like we're missing a motive there. Is that going to be explained?

Hulk likes being a gladiator and refuses to turn back to Banner.

Top Bottom