• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 are now $9.99 on Xbox Live each (includes DLC)

MauroNL

New Deals with Gold just went live and includes both Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 on sale from $39.99 down to $9.99 each. Deal is valid for Gold members only. Both games had been relisted on Xbox Live in August last year (for an amazing price of $40 each), since their removal in 2010 due to licensing issues. No word yet on if or when these game will be backwards compatible on Xbox One, but I have seen lot's of people wanting this.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415607da?nosplash=1
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156082f?nosplash=1

As a side note Xbox Achievements has discovered that both relisted games now include all the DLC!

http://www.xboxachievements.com/new...ions-Now-Include-Previously-Delisted-DLC.html
While technically there still isn't any DLC available on the marketplace (for individual purchase), the Games on Demand versions of both games now include the DLC, allowing all 2500 Gamerscore betwen the two games to be earned. This information has been discovered by those who purchased the games when both were put on sale for the Xbox Countdown daily deal yesterday. The release date for this version on the marketplace is listed as September 8, 2015, so it's possible this has been sitting under our noses for months.

Was always kicking myself for trading 2 in without realising the price it could go for to collectors and enthusiasts.

Enjoyable games, as well.

I've owned both, and still need to play through the majority of the first. I rented too many games back then. I quite enjoyed what I played though.

I did beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, though. It had its moments but was kind of boring.

SFenton

What's the word Gaf? Jump into these?

Jump into at least MUA1 for $10.

I've owned both, and still need to play through the majority of the first. I rented too many games back then. I quite enjoyed what I played though.

I did beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, though. It had its moments but was kind of boring.

MUA2 didn't hook me at all in the opening level, but I loved MUA1 enough to beat it on PS2, PSP, Wii, and 360. I highly, highly recommend going back through MUA1.

I'll buy both of these if they come with the DLC. I always regretted passing up on them and the gold version of MUA1 is pretty expensive now. MUA1 is still showing up as 39.99 for me right now though.

shaowebb

I wanted these to be so much more than they were. They promised a lot more out of 2 than one and it was about the same save the Civil War stuff being a better setting. It still had a lot of AI and glitchy stuff too though it wasn't as bad as the stuff in 1. The teamup moves were okay, but not nearly enough variety in them. Most overlapped and were the same.

Fun, but dont go in thinking its anything amazing. Good to kill an evening. Honestly you should just pray for Marvel Musou someday.

This is about as fair a review as any

MUA2 didn't hook me at all in the opening level, but I loved MUA1 enough to beat it on PS2, PSP, Wii, and 360. I highly, highly recommend going back through MUA1.

Trust me, I want to. I just need to find the time to beat it and some other backlog games.

I second getting at least MUA1. The cut scenes were amazing at the time, it gave all the characters their trademark mobility options right off the bat (unlike X-Men Legends where you had to upgrade to get them), the stages and boss fights were memorable, character designs were on point.

MUA2 was a step down IMO. They didn't fully take advantage of the teaser from the end of MUA1, the need to tie it in with Civil War was kind of step down and the pay off sucked, Costume design was kind of off putting (wolverine collar in particular).

I wish they'd put the PC version of MUA1 out on a digital game service.

I didn't even KNOW it came out on PC until just recently.

I also with the PSP version of it would come to PSN and be Vita Compatible. I own the disc for the PSP and I'd MUCH rather play it on my Vita. I've tried emulating it on my Nvidia Shield, but the cutscenes don't play. :(

Was always interested in grabbing MUA1, but the Gold version always seems to go for such high prices. Glad the opportunity to grab it way cheaper is here.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What's the word Gaf? Jump into these?

MUA1 for sure, practically an interactive encyclopedia of Marvel Universe content(if you are a fan it is a must, but even a casual would learn quite a bit about the universe and have a good time playing).

MUA2 is not quite as memorable, but its a solid game focused on a specific arc, but still worth a look at that price.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I enjoy the MUA games some, but I don't think I ever think they were as great as I wanted them to be. Mostly I was disappointed that after a certain point, additional characters just felt like remixes of old ones, and I actually feel like the games dragged on, in part because of this.

I don't remember WHY now, but I think I had more fun with the Legends gameplay, maybe because of broken chain lightning or something like that.

One thing I did love about them was how many character-specific conversations there were. In a game full of "take who you want, whenever" gameplay, they went out of their way to make sure character paid attention to their own alliances and rogue gallery. This is a detail the first game was wonderful with. I don't remember if P2 handled it as well.

The Marvel Future Fight game on mobile reminds me of these games, but I actually think I like it a bit more. It's more willing to do some crazy stuff with it's characters (like having Kingpin summon a gang to fight for him, or having Starlord jam to tunes as his ship fires support shots from high in the sky), and the characters feel more varied and unique because of this, even if the touch-screen controls hold back the fun of pure button presses.

I remember that I was tired of UA2 by the time I reached it's end; I love the team-up attack idea, but after you see what makes the leveling, damage, and such of these games, they don't really offer captivating enough gameplay (like deeper or fun combo systems, interesting skill mutators, etc) to make them truly engrossing.

I enjoy playing most Musou games a lot more, even though I've played WAY more of them over the years.

Having said all that, I'd still look forward to messing around with MUA1 again if it went up on back-compat. Could find a new wrinkle somewhere that makes it fun again.

Wow. MUA1 is one of the first games I ever played on the 360 and quite enjoyable at that. I borrowed a friend's copy and as such I never got to finish it! For $10, I'm all over this. I can play it on my old 360 until it becomes backwards compatible (assuming it will)...

Never played MUA2, but I'll give it a look too.

Drayco21

I've been hunting the Gold Edition of MUA1 for years to get that DLC. It's been my grail for the last two console cycles, and I probably could've been playing the content since September?

$40 is still way too much to spend on my seventh copy of Ultimate Alliance, but I might just have to so I can finally use the DLC characters.

J_Viper

Wait, so the extra characters from the Gold edition are included as well? That'd be incredible if so, no pun intended.

Savitar

I loved the first game, oddly enough never played the second. Pretty sure it wasn't cheap at the time, but maybe the Canadian dollar was down then like it is now. The only real issue of the game I had was how straight down their faces was a line, use to bug the hell out of me.

The scene of some X-Men torn apart later was eye opening too.

Yabo

Banned
Any chance this will be BC on X1 sometime this year?

E: bought it anyway. Maybe itll come out. $10 to not have to deal with the hassle of hunting it down ina few months is worth it.

graywolf323

they were a daily deal back during the Christmas sale IIRC? two excellent games (the first one more so)

found my receipts, they were $13.19 back then and I have no regrets

everyone should buy them at $9.99 each

Any chance this will be BC on X1 sometime this year?

E: bought it anyway. Maybe itll come out. $10 to not have to deal with the hassle of hunting it down ina few months is worth it.

I just bought them both using the 360 mobile site and I'm fairly sure that the purchase confirmation screen said they were both BC with XB1. Sorry, I didn't save the screenshot or anything.

Oh man, I was looking for physical copies of these recently. I had MUA on PS2 back in the day.

Wish they were BC, but hey, I'll take it. Now, I just gotta hook my 360 back up.

I just bought them both using the 360 mobile site and I'm fairly sure that the purchase confirmation screen said they were both BC with XB1. Sorry, I didn't save the screenshot or anything.

This is what it says:

If this product is part of Xbox One Backward Compatibility, it will appear in the Ready to Install section of My Games & Apps on your Xbox One console when it becomes available.

It's not part of the Xbox One BC list yet.

Yea, I wasn't expecting BC. Just wanted to double check since I had already bought them. I still have my 360 hooked up so it's no big deal to play them there in the meantime.

Top Bottom