• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Playing online today for the first time I seen a shit load of sents. Most of the time I only see one or two but today it seemed like every match I played someone was using one.

LakeEarth

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Two things: People online do not know how to deal with Hulk's standing H.
How do you? Find out what moves your characters have that hit armor? Cause I know the PIPE sure doesn't :(

LakeEarth said:
How do you? Find out what moves your characters have that hit armor? Cause I know the PIPE sure doesn't :(
Hulk's standing H is easy to deal with if the opponent is being PREDICTABO with it. X-23 can deal with it just fine thanks to those quick as fuck jabs.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't played the game online for the past week, did people get the hang of things and will they cream me if I go online? I never wished for the abundance of scrubs this much before.

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Two things: People online do not know how to deal with Hulk's standing H.

Also, does anyone know what Ranger/Judge/Lord means? I though it had to do with record, but then I saw a judge who was like 95-20.

I actually get more usage from soul clap -> jumping S with Hulk compared to standing H. Folks seem to have trouble judging how the clap slows him down in the air. I try to put in work for my Trish and Dorm who I start matches out with, but I still get my few wins usually from X-Factor Hulk batting cleanup with the claps and stuff. He's so perfect for someone with weaksauce execution like me.

This was on the Shoryuken wiki in the Hulk section:
Character-Themed Cocktail

Mint, rum, lime, and "bubbles."
Equal parts Hennessey and Hpnotiq, served on the rocks.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Jinfash said:
I haven't played the game online for the past week, did people get the hang of things and will they cream me if I go online? I never wished for the abundance of scrubs this much before.

Apparently if you just keep practicing anti-sentinel-scrub tactics and steel yourself for a whole rogue's gallery of rage quits, you'll be okay.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
LeMaximilian said:
Did you drop Iron Man too? lol, I think I'm just about done. Doctrine Doom takes his place for now.

Iron Man is just so weird to use. I've been rolling Wesker/Ammy/Akuma and getting a lot of wins; it's mostly cause of Wesker, still got a lot of training with Ammy.

zon

Jinfash said:

The true scrubs are playing, they're just too scared to go online just to get beat up (i.e. me).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yall all got it URLEY... Damn son.

Jinfash said:
Dear god, MThanded, shouldn't you be studying and writing papers?!
I injured a nerve(this is the short story) in my leg a little bit prior to release date. In general I have had to stay home unless it was for a doctors appointment or for physical therapy. Haven't been able to walk, sit ,sleep, or even play mvc3 that much. A lot of sleepless nights and less productive days than I would have liked. The pain has been pretty debilitating(no otc drugs have helped at all). Finally getting a little better now.

Spent a lot of time in that thread to pass the time.

kanyecry.gif

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I put together a quick video of the new alt costumes. Nothin too fancy but you can see them in motion and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxzD8HUSxUk

LeMaximilian said:
Did you drop Iron Man too? lol, I think I'm just about done. Doctrine Doom takes his place for now.

Yeah dude.. I just couldnt get him to work.. I might put him back on the team once other people do the dirty work for me and figure out how to make him competitive but he isnt making the cut right now.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
It would have been awesome if you showed off Dante's new Devil Trigger outfit too. Nice video though!

Damn didnt even think of that! Oh well..Too lazy to go back and edit it. LOL. :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
only have one stick right now. can someone see what happens when you try to pick the same character with their alt? i hear there is only one color.

MThanded said:
you spelled captain wrong in the video title

whoops thanks. fixed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Zomba13 said:
I hope the next lot of Shadow opponents are harder. I suck at this and beat them all first time =/

Nah man. Let them be easy so I can take the titles, provided they're all free.

MMaRsu said:
Second OT woohoo!!!

250 wins and 68 losses so far, doing allright :).

Where can I find Shadow Mode?
It's in the Online Menu after downloading it.

That being said, it was a bit too easy for my tastes but hey, new titles.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
what's super armor? Does it just absorb a hit (e.g. able's EX rekka, rog's EX punches) or reduce damage? Can it be shattered? If so, by what attack properties?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Did a little testing in training mode. Apparently, Morrigan, Amaterasu, and Phoenix have the shortest crouch stances, and in that order from shortest to tallest.

Morrigan is the only character who can duck under Shield Slash M and not get hit except for a very small minority of frames during her crouch stance; Ammy gets hit on most of hers in comparison. Morrigan and Ammy are the only two characters who can duck under some projectiles/beams, with Phoenix being the only other character who can duck under slightly higher ones.

Glix

SolarPowered said:
HOLY SHIT WHY DO I NEVER HEAR THESE THINGS.

THESE THINGS

Heh, as I posted the other day, as someone who HATES strat guides, the one for this game is a thing of fucking BEAUTY, both in terms of visually and in terms of the mad infos.

Glix said:
Heh, as I posted the other day, as someone who HATES strat guides, the one for this game is a thing of fucking BEAUTY, both in terms of visually and in terms of the mad infos.
Just ordered myself the guide. I need something to keep me from dropping this game altogether and learning my team inside out is my last hope.

Glix

MThanded said:
infinite is impractical but its interesting they did not use a different method of generating what item comes out.

?

Didn't they just record a dummy shooting it? If you do that, the same one will come out every time, because it will be the same amount of frames between every shot.

Glix said:
?

Didn't they just record a dummy shooting it? If you do that, the same one will come out every time, because it will be the same amount of frames between every shot.

Blah, site borked out on me with my previous post.

But yeah, execution god skills aside, it'd be pretty crazy to nail this consistently. And also, this info is detailed in the strategy guide, in case there are people who haven't bought the guide yet, and are wondering about what kind of info is housed in there.

The bit about setting a training mode dummy to do the move is also mentioned, in order to get the exact same timing for that item toss.

mannerbot

bistromathics said:
what's super armor? Does it just absorb a hit (e.g. able's EX rekka, rog's EX punches) or reduce damage? Can it be shattered? If so, by what attack properties?

It works the way you think, by allowing you to absorb one hit. It doesn't reduce damage; you take all of the damage but the first hit doesn't put you in hitstun.

Glix

mannerbot said:
It works the way you think, by allowing you to absorb one hit. It doesn't reduce damage; you take all of the damage but the first hit doesn't put you in hitstun.

Armor is awesome in SF4 cuz you can hit people with your lariat multiple times for massive damage.

I've fucked up Fuerte something fierce because of his armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom