• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
El Sloth said:
Yep, enzo_gt was banned a bit after the game dropped and he still held down the 2nd spot. That boy was hyped.
JiSyX.jpg

GOD I AM SO HAPPY I AM UNBANNED SERIOUSLY NOT BEING ABLE TO CHIP IN ON SHIT IS UNBEARABLE.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, that's it, I'm done with online. I'm sick of fighting the same goddamn teams over and over, and I'm sick of punching the fuck out of my TV screen every time one of those teams beats me. My knuckles are purple and red and I know it's just not a good idea for me to keep playing. I know it's my fault, and I know I have problems, but that's the way it is. I don't know. I can handle losing (and losing badly, at that) in pretty much any other online game. FPS? Sure. Strategy? Fine. Fighters? I fucking explode. I'll still play with friends and GAF, but I'm done with Ranked/Player matches with randoms.

Same goddamn thing has happened with every online fighter I've gotten, and every time a new one comes along I think "Oh this time will be different", but it never is.
Been there before. It definitely helps to play exclusively with GAF though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, that's it, I'm done with online. I'm sick of fighting the same goddamn teams over and over, and I'm sick of punching the fuck out of my TV screen every time one of those teams beats me. My knuckles are purple and red and I know it's just not a good idea for me to keep playing. I know it's my fault, and I know I have problems, but that's the way it is. I don't know. I can handle losing (and losing badly, at that) in pretty much any other online game. FPS? Sure. Strategy? Fine. Fighters? I fucking explode. I'll still play with friends and GAF, but I'm done with Ranked/Player matches with randoms.

Same goddamn thing has happened with every online fighter I've gotten, and every time a new one comes along I think "Oh this time will be different", but it never is.

I have had 100x more fun playing troll teams, even if that's just contributing. When I was Deadpool/X-23/Dante my piss would boil, but now I'm Arthur/Sentinel/Doom and I just chuck shit all day, I don't even care if I win or lose. I just get a ton of hatemail and laugh at everything that's happening.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Josh was straight trolling.

"I summon the power"
"I summon the power"
"I summon the Power"

So many of those damned fireballs on the screen from dormington.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
why were you even banned?
Made a joke in a Killzone 3 thread that read more trollish than mods like. Instaban for the majority of MvC3's release, but I kept pace, and best believe I would've had more posts than MThanded if I hadn't been banned :p

_dementia said:
welcome back enzo :)
Thanks, grats on finally getting your copy. They tell you what the bonus is for fucking up your order yet?

Imm0rt4l said:
I wish there were an application for for mvc3 or ssf4 for blackberry. That mvc3 app looks pretty useful.
APP? WHERE.

Azure J

Random thought, but now that I've let it sink in for a bit, Haggar's theme is god tier. C. Viper & Hsien-Ko also get promoted to high tier. I can;t believe I didn't hear Haggar's in full until recently. Mayor of Earth's theme song music indeed. :eek:

Edit: Good to see you back Enzo, I was wondering where our resident Iron Man went.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
AzureJericho said:
Random thought, but now that I've let it sink in for a bit, Haggar's theme is god tier. C. Viper & Hsien-Ko also get promoted to high tier. I can;t believe I didn't hear Haggar's in full until recently. Mayor of Earth's theme song music indeed. :eek:

Edit: Good to see you back Enzo, I was wondering where our resident Iron Man went.
Speaking of Iron Man.. I guess I have the same dilemma haunts and LeMax had?

I really like Iron Man, he's my favourite super hero ever, and MvC2 was my formal introduction to the character. But I can't play him in MvC3 at all. I can't do basic combos, and all of his moves seem so off compared to the rest of the cast. A > B > C is so much harder than it should be, actually I think it's impossible unless you time the C absolutely perfectly, which by the way pushes the other character too far out. His launcher has like no range, C pushes people far too away to follow up, and his alternate costume got snuffed and so did alts in general (NO ALT COLOURS WTF?! I WAS GOING TO BUY THEM, BUT NOT ANYMORE. but I digress,) from the huge variety of armor that is cooler that they could have chosen, Modular preferrably to bring dat nostalgia.

What can I do? Am I just too shit at the game or what? I want to play him, but can't pull off his 5th mission or do any BnBs with him. Pretty much just use him for assists and some very light keepaway but I KNOW he has to have potential. Moves like the focus shot are useful, but less so knowing you can't properly lead into a BnB without a huge margin of error. I want to believe :(

Shouts out to the GAFfers who I played with in the last week, some good games.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
enzo_gt said:
Made a joke in a Killzone 3 thread that read more trollish than mods like. Instaban for the majority of MvC3's release, but I kept pace, and best believe I would've had more posts than MThanded if I hadn't been banned :p

Thanks, grats on finally getting your copy. They tell you what the bonus is for fucking up your order yet?

APP? WHERE.
ur back. possibly urley

zlatko

Banned
enzo_gt said:

I really like Iron Man, he's my favourite super hero ever, and MvC2 was my formal introduction to the character. But I can't play him in MvC3 at all. I can't do basic combos, and all of his moves seem so off compared to the rest of the cast. A > B > C is so much harder than it should be, actually I think it's impossible unless you time the C absolutely perfectly, which by the way pushes the other character too far out. His launcher has like no range, C pushes people far too away to follow up, and his alternate costume got snuffed and so did alts in general (NO ALT COLOURS WTF?! I WAS GOING TO BUY THEM, BUT NOT ANYMORE. but I digress,) from the huge variety of armor that is cooler that they could have chosen, Modular preferrably to bring dat nostalgia.

What can I do? Am I just too shit at the game or what? I want to play him, but can't pull off his 5th mission or do any BnBs with him. Pretty much just use him for assists and some very light keepaway but I KNOW he has to have potential. Moves like the focus shot are useful, but less so knowing you can't properly lead into a BnB without a huge margin of error. I want to believe :(

He is a great back up character to work into team dynamic. Putting him on point though is just not worth it since so much of the rest of the cast shits on what he can do. If he has potential it'll take a lot more time in the lab compared to the chunks of the cast that are already showing some amazing potential and already producing results.

Find someone else to put on point and make use of IM's solid assists, and great hyper.

explodet

WHOO 5 ranked game win streak trophy on my first 5 games!
tumblr_lgwmj3Z0nV1qgp7t8o1_500.jpg

So glad I don't have to stress about that, now I can just play online to have fun.

mannerbot

enzo_gt said:

If you're trying to do the basic magic series combo standing up, it doesn't work that well like you've said. Try Cr. L Cr. M St. H S instead. Practice trijump H into a full combo, as it's his main asset (most chars whiff their attacks when they trijump unless it's from a full jump, but Iron Man's attacks connect).

Not all characters can do the exact A --> B --> C --> S combo, some need to mix in crouching and standing or just skip certain attacks. I imagine Iron Man is like that, you just have to learn what his best combo is to launcher. Deadpool for example can't use standing C because it knocks the opponent far away.

voodoopanda said:
Not all characters can do the exact A --> B --> C --> S combo, some need to mix in crouching and standing or just skip certain attacks. I imagine Iron Man is like that, you just have to learn what his best combo is to launcher. Deadpool for example can't use standing C because it knocks the opponent far away.

That true. Wolverine needs to do A->B->A->C->S-> for his launcher. Storm can't do A->B->C->S while standing. She can do it crouching but the C push her away from the opponent.

DR2K

Banned
Chauncy Talon said:
That true. Wolverine needs to do A->B->A->C->S-> for his launcher. Storm can't do A->B->C->S while standing. She can do it crouching but the C push her away from the opponent.

Her standing C connects to lighting storm and elemental rage though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mannerbot said:
If you're trying to do the basic magic series combo standing up, it doesn't work that well like you've said. Try Cr. L Cr. M St. H S instead. Practice trijump H into a full combo, as it's his main asset (most chars whiff their attacks when they trijump unless it's from a full jump, but Iron Man's attacks connect).
Thanks, I'll try this out. I know not every character is a standard magic series, but I really, really couldn't figure out Iron Man's variation. All I've been able to do is practice Repulsar Blast / Smart bomb into proton cannons.

Will not give up on him. My team is currently Zero / Iron Man / Super-Skrull. Want to learn Wesker, and I just figured out how fucking incredible Dormammu is. SO much fun trolling.

evil ways

explodet said:
WHOO 5 ranked game win streak trophy on my first 5 games!
tumblr_lgwmj3Z0nV1qgp7t8o1_500.jpg

So glad I don't have to stress about that, now I can just play online to have fun.
Good luck trying to get the "fight entire roster online" and "Modok vs Cap America" ones. I practically had to beg another player to use Modok just to unlock those.

Also is it just me or does the cpu characters pull this old school Mortal Kombat throw shit every time on arcade mode. I swear it even breaks combos, assists and some hypers, cpu just walks in like "...nope, Im throwing you bitch".

DR2K said:
Her standing C connects to lighting storm and elemental rage though.

This is true, but she can't launch from it. Headbutt aka Superman works great. I'm happy she didn't lose the priority of that move in this game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Chauncy Talon said:
I'm trying to play with him, but I can't do it.
At first I couldn't either but I'm starting to get the hang of it and damn, it's really satisfying pulling off some of the stuff he can do.

My issue right now is I drop a lot of combos but hell, I do that with everyone.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
evil ways said:
Also is it just me or does the cpu characters pull this old school Mortal Kombat throw shit every time on arcade mode. I swear it even breaks combos, assists and some hypers, cpu just walks in like "...nope, Im throwing you bitch".

Yep he likes to throw like a mad dog! Still too used to sf to tech...

Azure J

explodet said:
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgwmj3Z0nV1qgp7t8o1_500.jpg

The more I see these guys and go in depth with the series, the more I find myself wondering what a new Darkstalkers would be like.

Chamber said:
At first I couldn't either but I'm starting to get the hang of it and damn, it's really satisfying pulling off some of the stuff he can do.

My issue right now is I drop a lot of combos but hell, I do that with everyone.

I drop his Sword Dance in his BnB combo. Bad execution on my behalf. I do the Noel Drive move with him all the time. :-/ It cost me some matches.

Mit-

Surprised at how many people raged at no alt colors for the new costumes. I saw it coming :\

I mean, it's not like Street Fighter, where they own all the characters, and they just come up with whatever wacky alternate color schemes they want. They'd have to go through Marvel for half of them, and Marvel likely wouldn't want to settle for simple recolors when they put so much thought into all of the other ones.

Marvel also probably didn't want to go through all of that for new alternate colors. Not to mention they'd have to make a new way to select the alternate color schemes for the new costumes.

The solution they have is reasonable. If two players online pick the premium costume, to themselves, they are shown as wearing the premium costume, whereas their opponent is shown wearing a default color scheme.

So it only really affects local play, and I think people will be able to get over it...

I just hope it isn't forever before we see more costumes and characters. It's clear that the first round of DLC was pretty much finished before the game was released. No one knows how long it'll take them to get new content in there.

explodet

evil ways said:
Good luck trying to get the "fight entire roster online" and "Modok vs Cap America" ones. I practically had to beg another player to use Modok just to unlock those.
Thankfully I cheesed those with another friend of mine, we just fought online with everybody and with the right combination of chars to get those trophies.

Dude couldn't help with the air combo cancel one though, his timing was all over the place so we didn't even try.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
explodet said:
Thankfully I cheesed those with another friend of mine, we just fought online with everybody and with the right combination of chars to get those trophies.

Dude couldn't help with the air combo cancel one though, his timing was all over the place so we didn't even try.
Does that mean you get them done in player matches? I got the Civil War one, I presume everyone would get that one, as Iron Man and Cap are more common online.

I knew OT2 was coming, but right now?

Also: fuck arcade Very-Hard mode, I beat it with Sent,Tasky & Viper. All I got was a bland grey title, for all the rage.

MrMephistoX

Mit- said:
Surprised at how many people raged at no alt colors for the new costumes. I saw it coming :\

I mean, it's not like Street Fighter, where they own all the characters, and they just come up with whatever wacky alternate color schemes they want. They'd have to go through Marvel for half of them, and Marvel likely wouldn't want to settle for simple recolors when they put so much thought into all of the other ones.

Marvel also probably didn't want to go through all of that for new alternate colors. Not to mention they'd have to make a new way to select the alternate color schemes for the new costumes.

The solution they have is reasonable. If two players online pick the premium costume, to themselves, they are shown as wearing the premium costume, whereas their opponent is shown wearing a default color scheme.

So it only really affects local play, and I think people will be able to get over it...

I just hope it isn't forever before we see more costumes and characters. It's clear that the first round of DLC was pretty much finished before the game was released. No one knows how long it'll take them to get new content in there.

I'm disappointed but can rationalize it and your theory makes sense. If true I wonder if people might be somewhat more understanding by allowing multiple colors on the Capcom side. Oh well, I bought them so hopefully the rest of the cast will get a regular release schedule underway. I'd imagine Capcom will hold off on announcements till after Jill and Shuma officially drop in two weeks.

explodet said:

Tell him to rotate the joystick, or analog stick, and mash S. That is how I cancel air combos.

explodet

enzo_gt said:
Does that mean you get them done in player matches? I got the Civil War one, I presume everyone would get that one, as Iron Man and Cap are more common online.
Yes, when the achievement/trophy says Arcade/Online, it can be done in ranked/player matches and also in lobbies. I invited my friend to a 2-man lobby and we knocked out a whole mess of trophies.

The 5 in a row one has to be done in Ranked though.

AzureJericho said:
The more I see these guys and go in depth with the series, the more I find myself wondering what a new Darkstalkers would be like.
Alas me too, but that's a whole other thread.

LakeEarth

Tiger uppercut said:
I knew OT2 was coming, but right now?

Also: fuck arcade Very-Hard mode, I beat it with Sent,Tasky & Viper. All I got was a bland grey title, for all the rage.
I've found an easy time being very hard with Doom hidden missles, half the time the AI just stops doing anything when they're coming, which allows for easy chip (Dorm black hole).

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The Full Roster achievement threw me for a loop for a while. It took some time before I realized that I was the only person in any of my matches who had been using Felicia.

Mit- said:

A lot of us saw it coming, but it's still ass. It's not Capcom's fault . . . probably, and we know this, but it's still ass.

And looking at the random stuff in MvC2, I kind of want to say Capcom just didn't care this time. If they had pressed Marvel for more colors so we had 6-10 alternates instead of just the 4 we have, they probably would have been able to do it. Comic characters seem to have tons of different color schemes, and if nothing else, they'd have just made some stuff up like for MvC2. But they didn't, so we're stuck with 4 with the only tiny hope of that changing coming from DLC who knows when.

I wish more people would rage harder, and I wish raging actually mattered.

Dreavus

Regardless of problems with Marvel, they really should have pushed hard for AT LEAST 2 colours for when people double up. Seems crazy that there isn't even that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom