• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Label said:
Do you have to get the 5 ranked matches in one sitting? I have 3 wins in a row at the moment but had to leave for work. Can I go back home and get another 2 wins and get the achievement?

The first match I played today, it said I had a 2 match win streak, so I'd say yes.

Ploid 3.0

SolarPowered said:
You don't have it too bad. Tron is a beast in the right hands and her assist is decent. Hsien-Ko is a HUGE part of my team and the match is basically lost the moment a decent sentinel comes into play. I also have no real beam assists to count on (Morrigan, Amateratsu and Hsien-Ko) which fucks me against anyone who uses Magneto, Sentinel, Doctor Doom, or Deadpool as assist spam.

I can agree with the frustration though. I got chipped for 300K health(at least) yesterday by a Dormammu with X factor fireball specials. It just seems like it's becoming harder and harder to play the game for fun when you can't even win a match without resorting to tactics that drain the fun away.

Thought I was going to be loving this game even with signs of wacky moves that can eat you up so fast. One slip and you're done.

This game is strange, I should be having a ton of fun but I feel no need to rematch people after one game (random req open). When I win it seem like it was luck, and when I lose it usually seem like luck (unless I play someone that does awesome combos and use assists to extend combos to keep me locked down). So doing rematch to me just feels like I'm throwing out dice. Quit while I'm ahead, and quit while I'm only down 1.

I just don't feel attached to the fights like I do SF4. When I lose in SF4 I really feel like I lost for a good reason. Same for win. One of my last games, I did a OCV with Akuma Xfactor 3 and I don't see how that should be possible. I just catch them as they are entering after a character death, do a little combo that ends with Hyper focused beam and they are dead.

Xfactor, no spectator, net ui/code (no lag bars, etc.), and armor normal attacks.

I have a bit of a character identity crisis I like them all but I don't love any of them. Random all is nice, but you often get crappy assist choices.

rocK`

Banned
_dementia said:
I have a bit of a character identity crisis I like them all but I don't love any of them. Random all is nice, but you often get crappy assist choices.

I have the exact opposite. I need dante on my team (for whatever reason), and shortly thereafter, spencer needs to go on, oh and of course I need sentinel.

oh wait, that's all 3 of my heroes. shit, oh well!

Ploid 3.0

I can't function without She Hulk on my team now, but she don't do too good vs projectile spam, so I try to get lucky with super jump then butt slam. I either use Akuma or Dog to fight the projectiles. I really need to test and see if that projectile reflect stay up for ultra beams. Not all just see if it can block some. When I use that thing it force some people to start playing at least.

I have my winning team of Wolverine/Storm/Morrigan but then I have my team that I enjoy playing with despite sucking which consists of Chun/Viper/Doom.

2 and a half weeks and I still can't pick a team.

El Sloth

Banned
enzo_gt said:
http://i.imgur.com/JiSyX.jpg[/IMG

GOD I AM SO HAPPY I AM UNBANNED SERIOUSLY NOT BEING ABLE TO CHIP IN ON SHIT IS UNBEARABLE.[/QUOTE]
That pic is strangely epic.
[QUOTE=enzo_gt]Speaking of Iron Man.. I guess I have the same dilemma haunts and LeMax had?

I really like Iron Man, he's my favourite super hero ever, and MvC2 was my formal introduction to the character. But I can't play him in MvC3 at all. I can't do basic combos, and all of his moves seem so off compared to the rest of the cast. A > B > C is so much harder than it should be, actually I think it's impossible unless you time the C absolutely perfectly, which by the way pushes the other character too far out. His launcher has like no range, C pushes people far too away to follow up, and his alternate costume got snuffed and so did alts in general (NO ALT COLOURS WTF?! I WAS GOING TO BUY THEM, BUT NOT ANYMORE. but I digress,) from the huge variety of armor that is cooler that they could have chosen, Modular preferrably to bring dat nostalgia.

What can I do? Am I just too shit at the game or what? I want to play him, but can't pull off his 5th mission or do any BnBs with him. Pretty much just use him for assists and some very light keepaway but I KNOW he has to have potential. Moves like the focus shot are useful, but less so knowing you can't properly lead into a BnB without a huge margin of error. I want to believe :(

Shouts out to the GAFfers who I played with in the last week, some good games.[/QUOTE]
I never bother with Iron Man's regular magic series (A->B->C->S) unless I have them in the corner and even then it can still be pretty iffy. I always go with A->cr.B->S or cr.A->cr.B->S.

My issue with Iron Man is that trying to do his doube jump combos are really 'effing hard for me. j.B->j.B->j.C(angled upwards) jump cancel j.B->j.B->j.C->j.S just makes me rage in the training room.

shuri

Banned
I dont think the game is really unbalanced as in unbalanced in the typical 'broken gameplay' sense. The fact that The Hulk has this insane x-factor combo that destroys entire teams fits into the whole mythology of the character.. When Hulk is ultra pissed off, he's unstoppable. Same thing with Sentinel; the Sentinel robots were designed to take down mutants and were hard to kill in the comics. The fact that the game version is so efficient and deadly fits with that.

Same thing with Iron Man being a beam spammer or Dantes being annoying with his guns; it fits their characters, and the players must find ways, or team configurations to outmatch them. I think it really adds to the epicness of the fights; you really want to take down Hulk before he hulks out in xfaster mode and destroys you. I love it when I get into a multiplayer and see that the other user has them in their rosters, it really feels like I'm in for one hell of a fight.

With x-factor and slowdown hyper, I got Ammy 06. But 07 is killing me with the weapon change H > M > qcf m. :(
Just take a break and so some others. I'm leveling up constantly just by taking little breaks. Half a week ago, I tried Magneto's 8 for a good half-hour before giving up. Last night, I nailed his 8, 9, and 10 in as much time. 10 was so very easy compared to 8 and 9, almost like it was a gift for all the frustration of connecting Hyper Grav L to Magnetic Tempest. At least, that was the hardest part for me, but I'm sure Magneto fans from MvC2 found it easy.

84% completion rate - getting there.

What's your team right now then? I'm using Sentinel/Dormammu/Dr. Doom until Shuma arrives. Then there's a 95% chance the team will be Sentinel/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath. Now I just need Blackheart, and I can kick Sentinel off the team.

I hate having to choose characters SPECIFICALLY because I know someone else is gonna have Sentinel (No beam super? You're fucked. No Air Dash? You're fucked.)
Hyper Sentinel Force beats every beam hyper in the game - it's not something that's particularly worthwhile against him.

I can agree with the frustration though. I got chipped for 300K health(at least) yesterday by a Dormammu with X factor fireball specials. It just seems like it's becoming harder and harder to play the game for fun when you can't even win a match without resorting to tactics that drain the fun away.
So you're complaining about the 300K health you lost from an opponent blowing X-Factor and 2 meters instead of the 1,000K+ damage he could have done? I only waste meter and X-Factor like that if I'm so far ahead the only thing I need to do is chip out my opponent's last character and I can play sloppy like that. Then I'll do something like HSF (XFC) HSF (DHC) Stalking Flare, Chaotic Flame right as the ball connects against an incoming character.

how do you guys deal with Zero's command attacks? No matter what I do, I get hit by it. Hit box on this thing is insane. My team is Wesker, Dante, Trish.

Anyone have any tips for the Trish combo that rejuggles from her dive kick that I've seen people use in the various tourney / money match vids?

It looks to be A>B>C>S>jc>B>down C>(land)>B>C>S>jc into whatever. Was messing around with it in training mode and I couldn't get it to work. Thanks.

BotoxAgent said:
how do you guys deal with Zero's command attacks? No matter what I do, I get hit by it. Hit box on this thing is insane. My team is Wesker, Dante, Trish.
I haven't fought many Zeros but try advancing guard?

y2dvd

I was messin with Iron Man yesterday. He might be better than his mvc2 version. His tri jumps are nasty in this game.

I'm not sure what the issue with the double jump air combo would be. I think I use neutral C then double jump. From there, you just gotta be quick b/c of the quicker recovery from the earlier hits.

I like to combo cr.A, cr.B, C, then...
-repulsion blast if I want them to float over me
-do that spiffy fly combo from the mission mode in the corner (so satisfying!)
-or just launch with S and do his regular air combo

_dementia said:
I haven't fought many Zeros but try advancing guard?

he's like wolverine....*radioactive man voice* advance guard does nothing

and that spinning thing in the air...fuck man, shit is annoying as Gen's crossup in SFIV.

Alucrid

Banned
So has anyone confirmed what happens when you have two people using the alt costume since there's only one color?

LowParry

Alucrid said:
So has anyone confirmed what happens when you have two people using the alt costume since there's only one color?

One side gets it, while the other does not. Not sure who has priority. But who cares, not worth the money. IMO.

CcrooK said:
One side gets it, while the other does not. Not sure who has priority. But who cares, not worth the money. IMO.
Does it work the same way online, or does it show you wearing the costume on your side and to the opponent you're wearing the default?

Alucrid

Banned
shuri said:
I dont think the game is really unbalanced as in unbalanced in the typical 'broken gameplay' sense. The fact that The Hulk has this insane x-factor combo that destroys entire teams fits into the whole mythology of the character.. When Hulk is ultra pissed off, he's unstoppable. Same thing with Sentinel; the Sentinel robots were designed to take down mutants and were hard to kill in the comics. The fact that the game version is so efficient and deadly fits with that.

Same thing with Iron Man being a beam spammer or Dantes being annoying with his guns; it fits their characters, and the players must find ways, or team configurations to outmatch them. I think it really adds to the epicness of the fights; you really want to take down Hulk before he hulks out in xfaster mode and destroys you. I love it when I get into a multiplayer and see that the other user has them in their rosters, it really feels like I'm in for one hell of a fight.

And Zero, still not knowing what he's fighting for.

CcrooK said:

Wow. That's some bullshit. Good thing then, I'm saving my money.

El Sloth

Banned
Alucrid said:
You see yourself with the alt and the other person with the default. Or at least that's what a friend told me.

Owensboro

CcrooK said:

I'd assume it always shows you as having it (since it's on your screen) even if the other person selected it. On the other player's screen they would have it and your character would be the default. In reality, this is no-harm no-foul. Reguardless, you always see the costume on YOUR character.

If this is different, then Capcom really needs help.

In local vs. two people can't select the same color anyway, so it's not an issue.

SykoTech

Okay, so I beat the game with everyone, which was a lot more fun than I expected. Every character in this game is enjoyable to play for to me (though I still felt dirty when using Sentinel).

Anyways, it says I'm still missing a character ending. I'm guessing it's some special "true" ending. Anyone know how to get it? Don't tell me I have to complete all of the missions...

dankir

SykoTech said:
Okay, so I beat the game with everyone, which was a lot more fun than I expected. Every character in this game is enjoyable to play for to me (though I still felt dirty when using Sentinel).

Anyways, it says I'm still missing a character ending. I'm guessing it's some special "true" ending. Anyone know how to get it? Don't tell me I have to complete all of the missions...

Make it to Galactus and let him kill you and then don't continue.

He has an ending as well.

Ploid 3.0

SykoTech said:

Galactus. Let continue time run out or something?

Advancing Guard at the very end. If you do it too soon, the forward motion will keep him in your face.

I find enjoying AI battles unfathomable. I am glad I will never have to do that grind again.

Neki

ENG VA is superior because I can understand what they're all saying. Makes spamming attacks all more enjoyable!

LowParry

enzo_gt said:
This video is forever my inspiration for putting Zero on my team.

Iris...

Which makes it hard to play him cause every super I do with him, I hear those bits. "Iris" in particular. Cracks me up.

I bought the costume pack 1 just for classic Thor, i couldn't care less for Cap, Dante, Ironman and LOL fuck Chris's Alts.

Ryu's is a nice throwback for lols

seriosuly boo Chris the generic human

Solune said:
I'm sure it's been said or noted before, but in ranked, what's with peoples' win % at the beginning of the match differing after you beat them. Just faced a guy with a 93 - 89 record and after I beat him it changed to 221 - 89.

This is funny. I was playing ranked the other day and a guy's record showed up as 0-56. I thought "Oh, easy win!" But then it was a really close match and he beat me by a little bit and I was so embarrassed.

But after the match, it showed his record as something like 130-56 and I felt better about myself.

El Sloth

Banned
gutter_trash said:
I bought the costume pack 1 just for classic Thor, i couldn't care less for Cap, Dante, Ironman and LOL fuck Chris's Alts.

Funny, I think Thor's alt is generic and boring compared to the others.

Except Chris's. His is also boring.

Edit: Cap should get a Bucky alt. Do it for the lol's Capcom!

MrMephistoX

gutter_trash said:

I bought it mainly for Thor too but love the Chris alt actually: I guess its nostalgia for RE1. The only thing that would have improved it is adding the green on black color scheme from Code Veronica as an alternate color. I had no interest in Chris before this but might use him to replace Sentinel in friendly matches now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom