• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

This is a silly question - but how do you access the Shadow Mode DLC for PS3? I looked on the Playstation store this morning and didn't see MvC3 stuff listed anywhere.

snack

kirblar said:
This is a silly question - but how do you access the Shadow Mode DLC for PS3? I looked on the Playstation store this morning and didn't see MvC3 stuff listed anywhere.
It's in the store now. Just search disc-based add ons. It'll be there. They updated the store in the afternoon so that's why you couldn't find it in the morning time.

Caj814

voodoopanda said:
I wonder what they'll do for alt costumes on some of the weirder characters, like MODOK or Shuma Gorath.
s1onh.jpg

kirblar

snack said:
It's in the store now. Just search disc-based add ons. It'll be there. They updated the store in the afternoon so that's why you couldn't find it in the morning time.
Ah, thanks!

mileS

great stuff on the FrameAdvantageDotCom YouTube channel.

Justin's Zero, Felicia, and DOOM team was pretty fantastic.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm really hoping for Shuma with a monocle and top hat.

In fact I want that for every character.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't really know how anyone can bitch too much about Capcom charging for add-ons that have 0 impact on the game.

DLC characters I'm kinda neutral on, but I can at least understand why people would be upset about that.

Solune

I'm sure it's been said or noted before, but in ranked, what's with peoples' win % at the beginning of the match differing after you beat them. Just faced a guy with a 93 - 89 record and after I beat him it changed to 221 - 89.

snack

Solune said:
I'm sure it's been said or noted before, but in ranked, what's with peoples' win % at the beginning of the match differing after you beat them. Just faced a guy with a 93 - 89 record and after I beat him it changed to 221 - 89.
The latest patch messed things up.

dralla

I'd like a color editor. let me create me own colors for a costume. i dont really like any of magnetos colors :[

Neki

dralla said:
I'd like a color editor. let me create me own colors for a costume. i dont really like any of magnetos colors :[
that'd be a lot of money down the drain though! capcom would need to charge you for that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
dralla said:
I'd be down for this so long as you had the option to disable it online.

Caj814

dralla said:

Marvel probably wouldn't want a bunch of Pink and yellow polka dot Captain America/Wolverine/Hulk teams popping up

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I just had the mental image of characters with bright yellow on bright green alternating with bright green on bright yellow every 10 frames.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hitokage said:
I just had the mental image of characters with bright yellow on bright green alternating with bright green on bright yellow every 10 frames.
They should add DLC hats like TF2.

IMAGINE ALL THAT MONEY.

shaowebb

Kaijima said:
Odd question, has anyone seen people using the new costumes online?

I'm using them. I like the ideas of new costumes. As an animation student I'm pretty proud of the fact that they went so far as to make new rigs for these outfits instead of just doing texture swaps to create them. Especially since they managed to do so without making the new Cap shield appear off when I play it since it's larger. I was worried it would appear to whif when it connected since it's been lengthened into it's new shape. Good job on hit box attention there.

When it comes down to it, the more options I have and the more I can choose to do in the game the happier I am. It's only $5 and I spend more than that on a combo meal so what do I care. Especially, since such funding helps to allow Capcom to develop more options and costumes, and modes, and characters for me later on.

Besides, does anyone here know what the contract they got with marvel states about this game? I seriously doubt it will allow for more than one title to be published using their characters since they have several of them licensed to SEGA contracts and other studios so I don't bet on a super version being allowed to be made by Capcom. As is we're lucky we saw Capcom get the contract to do this game period with so many characters licensed out currently.

This game was designed to be updateable for a reason. You can gripe all you want, but if you really want more in this game you'll probably have to accept that it's only gonna come in a Downloadable format and that content needs to have funding.

Don't buy it if you don't want it, but I enjoy it and I know that it's the buying of the little stuff like costumes that allows for the funding of bigger stuff like characters to be possible. The world won't suddenly fund itself because you want it to. This is business and this is how it funds all the things we really want...by releasing tiny things along the way to pay for those big things.

Ok, right after my post I saw my first one: a dude with Iron Patriot. His Cap was regular, so I'm thinking since I was rocking Steve Rogers he couldn't use him.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Shadowmode thing is a neat idea. Too bad not a single one of them know how to block. Oh well, I got a new I Need A Hug title out of it!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
robut said:
Ok, right after my post I saw my first one: a dude with Iron Patriot. His Cap was regular, so I'm thinking since I was rocking Steve Rogers he couldn't use him.

He can. Its just you wont see it if you are also using the alt.

shaowebb

enzo_gt said:
Probably an unlock patch anyways for Shadow Battle. Either way, incomparable to Valve DLC.

Valve has a brilliant model for game distribution through Steam. Anytime someone else makes a game there is a potential that this game will get a following and that they will want DLC. Also anytime a new game sells Valve makes a good deal of commission on it's sales being the distributor.

What does this model mean? Take your biggest first party community (Team Fortress) and tell them you'll give them things for their game if they buy this other game. BOOM! Mega commission by boosting sales on a new title plus they advertise that game to other people for free by bragging about how they got their hat.

DLC through the roof per new game and guaranteed sales boosting per new title to collect beefier commisions off of.

Valve is boss because they have a better distribution method of games. DIGITAL. If I didn't have to pay several million to publish, ship, and distribute a game I'd do the exact same tactic. Man...now I wish Capcom was in bed with Steam so they could boost in game content through online commissions off sales of other games.

Gabe Newell is such a genius for creating such a self sustaining model.Someday everything will distribute digitally because it just allows for studios to produce more with less risk. I mean look at how many studios are dying right now. You can't tell me developers don't want a way to launch titles cheaper than they do now. Just look at how expensive it is to ship anything for DS and tell me if you would want to pay that.

vocab

Trust me. You do not want Capcom going the hat route in terms of DLC. You will be welcomed with patches after patches downloading shit you will never buy.

Nose Master

Blutonium said:
So does X-factor allow you to counter hypers?

Kind of. You can use it during blockstun to negate the chip damage, and if you have something with tons of invincibility (Hulk Meteor), you can cancel the XF into that before you go back to blockstun.

Nose Master said:
Kind of. You can use it during blockstun to negate the chip damage, and if you have something with tons of invincibility (Hulk Meteor), you can cancel the XF into that before you go back to blockstun.
so basically you can see bare startup animation, block the first 1 or two hits then do the super and the move will come out of your block. . . Hulk Smash.

At first I thought he was just timing the first opportunity before any hits connect, but it's even easier. Just hold back to block and then fireball and w/e.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CadetMahoney said:
so basically you can see bare startup animation, block the first 1 or two hits then do the super and the move will come out of your block. . . Hulk Smash.

At first I thought he was just timing the first opportunity before any hits connect, but it's even easier. Just hold back to block and then fireball and w/e.
Not quite. He's using X Factor to cancel his blockstun.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
CadetMahoney said:

Even better you can input your super while you see the animation for your challengers super and if you have a super with invinsibility you will beat it clean... kind of how you can beat ultras in ssf4. You don't even need timing... tested with akuma's demon hyper and input it really early during the animation, once it ended he started his demon and owned him for super damage!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I need to learn to deal with instant invulnerable assist. Was getting blown up today by Haggar's lariat and Tron's flame.

Nose Master

I thought the jokes about Shadow Mode were a little cruel, then I actually played it.

They wasted development time on that? :X The one AI seemed to do nothing but jump.

Nikashi

Banned
I'm really trying hard to keep playing this game, but it just seems so goddamn broken and unbalanced. I know HURR HURR VERSUS GAME but christ Capcom, you had access to players you could have used to help make it a BIT more balanced, instead it seems like it's a broken game revelling in its brokenness. 90% of the people online have a stupid sentinel assist you have to spend most of the match trying to figure out how to counter while you take fucktons of chip damage, and get crossed up for most of your lifebar over and over. I use Tron/Morrigan/Akuma and you really have to have good execution and LOTS of hits to get high damage combos, so it's just disheartening when you see tons and tons of Sentinels getting HUGE damage combos with like 6 button inputs.

I hate having to choose characters SPECIFICALLY because I know someone else is gonna have Sentinel (No beam super? You're fucked. No Air Dash? You're fucked.) My team is pretty much useless vs Sentinel unless I have Akuma out AND meter, and Akuma gets chipped BADLY by sentinel bullshit, and can't airdash.

I am just really upset that I waited months and months for this game and it's already hugely broken in the first 3 weeks, without anyone really even starting to figure things out.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_tetsuo_ said:
I need to learn to deal with instant invulnerable assist. Was getting blown up today by Haggar's lariat and Tron's flame.

just gotta bait and punish haggar. sounds obvious but you just have to hit him while hes an assist and if you are doing well snap him in when he is low on life.

trons flame, im not sure. I heard you can only hit her on start up but not on recovery?

Ferrio

Banned
Man i really hate rushdown characters online, playing she hulk I just get battered and extremely hard to react in order to score an airthrow etc.

Getting better with my tron though. She hulk still has a hard time against hardcore rushdown chars and zoners.

edit: Also it's a real pain DHCing with my chars. Both Trons and Shehulks aren't very dhc friendly.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
haunts said:
trons flame, im not sure. I heard you can only hit her on start up but not on recovery?
She's definitely vulnerable on recovery, and maybe when she is just coming onscreen too but I don't remember whether or not I've seen it happen.

Dreavus

_tetsuo_ said:

Me too, people seem to be catching on to these assists. D:

Nikashi said:
I'm really trying hard to keep playing this game, but it just seems so goddamn broken and unbalanced. I know HURR HURR VERSUS GAME but christ Capcom, you had access to players you could have used to help make it a BIT more balanced, instead it seems like it's a broken game revelling in its brokenness. 90% of the people online have a stupid sentinel assist you have to spend most of the match trying to figure out how to counter while you take fucktons of chip damage, and get crossed up for most of your lifebar over and over. I use Tron/Morrigan/Akuma and you really have to have good execution and LOTS of hits to get high damage combos, so it's just disheartening when you see tons and tons of Sentinels getting HUGE damage combos with like 6 button inputs.

I hate having to choose characters SPECIFICALLY because I know someone else is gonna have Sentinel (No beam super? You're fucked. No Air Dash? You're fucked.) My team is pretty much useless vs Sentinel unless I have Akuma out AND meter, and Akuma gets chipped BADLY by sentinel bullshit, and can't airdash.

I am just really upset that I waited months and months for this game and it's already hugely broken in the first 3 weeks, without anyone really even starting to figure things out.
You don't have it too bad. Tron is a beast in the right hands and her assist is decent. Hsien-Ko is a HUGE part of my team and the match is basically lost the moment a decent sentinel comes into play. I also have no real beam assists to count on (Morrigan, Amateratsu and Hsien-Ko) which fucks me against anyone who uses Magneto, Sentinel, Doctor Doom, or Deadpool as assist spam.

I can agree with the frustration though. I got chipped for 300K health(at least) yesterday by a Dormammu with X factor fireball specials. It just seems like it's becoming harder and harder to play the game for fun when you can't even win a match without resorting to tactics that drain the fun away.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you have to get the 5 ranked matches in one sitting? I have 3 wins in a row at the moment but had to leave for work. Can I go back home and get another 2 wins and get the achievement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom