• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FluxWaveZ

A whole lot of people know what they're doing for this game technically being Day 1. Just jumped into Ranked, but that went real poorly. I guess for a game based around combos and setplay like this one, a notable amount of time in Training mode will be important.

vg260

The diff is kinda slight in your pics to be honest.

It's a noticeable difference in clarity and in the yellowish edge color tint that results. You may need to click on it to enlarge it.

It looks much crisper and cleaner in motion, especially on an LCD which naturally has some motion blur artifacts.

image.png

Neoxon

A whole lot of people know what they're doing for this game technically being Day 1. Just jumped into Ranked, but that went real poorly. I guess for a game based around combos and setplay like this one, a notable amount of time in Training mode will be important.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna lab it up for most of the weekend (so I'll need to finish my homework ASAP so I'll have free time for said lab time).

I only played up to the 4th area
A.I.M. BRELL
and it looks like the dlc character just got much more time on their designs. I also think VA is hit or miss and pretty much all the locales look great. Game feels a bit rushed but besides that I'm really enjoying it.

It's a noticeable difference in clarity and in the yellowish edge color tint that results. You may need to click on it to enlarge it.

It looks much crisper in cleaner in motion, especially on an LCD which naturally has some motion blur artifacts.

God i fucking hate CA

Lol the beginner league is funny. A lot of people jumping in and spamming jabs, it hit confirms for you.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'd like to learn a marvel game.

jett

D-Member
I thought Space Stone would be useless but fchamp is making amazing use of the shamecube. People seem to lose their shit.

It looks much crisper and cleaner in motion, especially on an LCD which naturally has some motion blur artifacts.

It looks cleaner no doubt but I don't really see colors popping out or anything. :p

Dahbomb

god that dorm ground spell is so oppressive.
You can escape it. I can't find that video anymore but basically you advance guard with good timings and jump out of it completely. Even Fchamp knows about it and showed the escape on his stream. Day 1 though no one is going to know about it because it's kinda not intuitive.

Jawmuncher

Beat the story mode. Like other's have said it's just ok. Definitely not anywhere close to Injustice 2 story wise (even with that games story flaws). Gotta say I think it was a mistake to have the game set after the convergence. Like a BIG mistake. Make it feel like we missed a game. There'd have been so much more potential with the first half of the game being Marvel and Capcom character's fighting each other not knowing what's going on and then working together to beat Ultron Sigma. But when the story is only 2 hours long compared to Injustice 2's 4 hour campaign. I can see where the problem lies.

Regardless hopefully next time capcom makes a fighting game story they can knock it out of the park. SFV and MVC:I showed they have the basics down. They just need to elevate past that.

vg260

God i fucking hate CA

Yeah, and I can get why it doesn't bother some people without seeing the difference, but once you notice the difference, there's no ignoring it.

If they suddenly slapped it on SFV, you can be sure people would know something was off.

A lot off people thought the color looked weird when they saw the game but couldn't put their finger on it. This is why. On PC, when going from a story mode pre-rendered cutscene with it on, and then to in-game, it looks instantly better.

Anyway, back to story mode.

Shouta

So any good bnbs for
Spidey
Hulk
X
Iron man
Cap
Zero
Doing the mission modes and training most of the night.

Cool, then this should be good for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOA38AZkqns

It gets 6844 with Armor of Light for the close version, the more consistent one does 6485 with AoL. It's also not gem specific either which is nice.

For X. Just cut the combo short after the first launcher with qcf+p into super if you're having trouble with the air dash hk follow-up. Shouldn't be too hard to do though, especially if you're on pad and using an air dash shortcut.

Got mine shipped from Best Buy, the deluxe edition. It came with the Cpt Marvel and Character pass codes but not the 4 outfits (Hulk, MM, Ryu and Thor). I checked my emails but saw nothing about them. Huh.

Dahbomb

How do you decide who is point/anchor? Is there such thing as point and anchor in this game even? Or is it kinda like battery/user (or guy who blows the gem?)?
There's no distinction like that anymore. Both are points and both are anchors and anyone can use the stone. Usually people are playing one set up character or a zoner and then one aggressive character with mix ups. A balanced set up where both characters kinda play off of each other.

JayEH

Got mine shipped from Best Buy, the deluxe edition. It came with the Cpt Marvel and Character pass codes but not the 4 outfits (Hulk, MM, Ryu and Thor). I checked my emails but saw nothing about them. Huh.

might take a day or two if not contact them.

Sheroking

Currently with the 14th biggest win streak in online MVCI history (on PC) (lul).

Having a lot of fun. Just need to improve my muscle memory because a lot of these matches are devolving into chaos. Also need a better midscreen Nova combo from dolphin kick. The one I'm using has corner carry but requires me to hit confirm really early with centurian rush and I'm missing it all day.

Playing on PC, the game has crashed/froze multiple times now:

* Game doesn't like my 4k monitor on any resolution full screen. I just starts getting interval peaks of stutter unresponsiveness.

* Migrated to my 1080p screen. Game works on full screen. Crashes still happen.

* The Lobby system seems busted. Been able to play some ranked matches, but anything on lobby is a lag fest. Playing with people that I play SFV. No notable problem there.

Game is on a SSD, 1080ti, 16gb of ram, and 4.5 OC intel processor. No idea what is causing this.

RedBoot

First impressions are good. This feels different from MvC2/3, like it's a different interpretation of the same concept. I can select Hulk, I can recognize his moves, but when I try to do stuff from MvC3 it all works different.

I ran Hulk, Chris, and Nemesis by the end of my UMvC3 time, but I'm going to think of this game as a clean slate for now and give everyone a shot.

I did five online matches. All five included Morrigan on the opposing side, and all five destroyed me. I now fear Morrigan.

I did start doing better by the end, but I think I'm gonna go through Story mode and Arcade and give all the good people time to level out of Beginner's League. :p

After work I picked up a copy at Target. I was surprise to see most of the PS4 copies were gone. There was only 3 left of the standard edition and no steel cases left. There were plenty of copies on Xbone though standard and steel case.

Femto.

I pre-ordered back in August, and Amazon still manages to miss the delivery date with Prime.

What the fuck. Glad I bought GCU and cancelled my auto renewal with Amazon.

Gren

Finally home & starting the Steam download. Dang it Capcom, I'm only gonna try & delete the movie files anyways; could've cut this whole process in half had you made story mode optional.

Beat the story and I've been going through trials as best as I can. Haven't quite figured out who I want to play yet, so I think I'll just do that while I wait for the tech to get posted.

JeTmAn81

I pre-ordered back in August, and Amazon still manages to miss the delivery date with Prime.

What the fuck. Glad I bought GCU and cancelled my auto renewal with Amazon.

Same here, I took vacation so I needed the game today. Bought it at Walmart.

Grimsen

I like this game way more than 3 so far.

Still not sure what to do with Gamora, but she's on my team for now.

Also, colors get unlocked pretty fast online. I have all four of Spidey's already.

Random observation: the lip sync for Spencer and Chris is goddamn awful.

vg260

It looks cleaner no doubt but I don't really see colors popping out or anything. :p

When edges on everything get a yellowish hue, going from it on to off helps in that regard.

It might not bother some people as much, but it hurts my eyes and looks nasty to me.

Seik

Banned
Yeah, and I can get why it doesn't bother some people without seeing the difference, but once you notice the difference, there's no ignoring it.

If they suddenly slapped it on SFV, you can be sure people would know something was off.

A lot off people thought the color looked weird when they saw the game but couldn't put their finger on it. This is why. On PC, when going from a story mode pre-rendered cutscene with it on, and then to in-game, it looks instantly better.

Anyway, back to story mode.

Thanks, good to know these are pre-rendered, I've been wondering all night. (Playing on PS4)

That explains why the game's so goddamn heavy, and fuck, it means that they actually changed Chun-Li's face on each videos. :lol

Anth0ny

omgggggg I learned captain marvel's bread and butter

BOTH SIDES OF THE SCREEN

SO SICK

now I need to learn these thanos palm loops and WE IN THERE

Still can't get over Dante's design in this game. Its like Capcom didn't want to disappoint the Devil May Cry or DmC fanbases and decided that he would have the clothes from 3, the age from 4, and a facial structure halfway between 4 and DmC. What are they thinking over there? Besides that, the game looks fun but I never had super high expectations for it so it actually seemed to match my expectations according to users and critics.

Top Bottom