• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Pompadour

I sincerely doubt Capcom will be dropping the game anytime soon. Like SFV, I expect the initial sales to be a bit mediocre but for it to have long legs. It's been built from the ground up with a 'games as a service' model which means they can usually offset disappointing initial sales with dlc to make it profitable in the long term.

That could happen. I could see MvCI doing worse than SFV because SFV didn't have all this bad word-of-mouth going into launch. That happened a few days later.

nded

I'm not even sure what the "service" model entails. Like Capcom is just going to keep selling $5 costumes to a few thousand people?

smurfx

get some go again
is capcom even dropping money on advertising this game? i doubt many casual marvel fans even know about the bad early word of mouth. if capcom hopes the hardcore are going to make this game a success then it will fail spectacularly.

patchday

i think most casual dbz fans probably don't know much about it. i bet a bunch will jump on board when they start heavily advertising it. at least i hope it's advertised.

I think think they know bout it cause I see them talking bout it even in r/NintendoSwitch. They saying stupid stuff like they will buy Xenoverse 2 to get DBZF to come to Switch. Some producer (not going to dig it up) hinted if Xeno sells well on switch they will port DBZ

VariantX

Yeah DBZ is weird, a lot of the FGC is on board but the casual DBZ fans don't care much. A lot of them think it's some SF reskin and would rather have Xenoverse.

God damn DBZ fans don't deserve DBZF!

Whats weird is they've got 10 games like that and they still have Xenoverse 2 out as a relevant game today still getting more DLC. They still got mad that DBFZ wasn't essentially yet another arena battle DBZ game. LIke genuinely upset that the game exists in this form.

Jawmuncher

I sincerely doubt Capcom will be dropping the game anytime soon. Like SFV, I expect the initial sales to be a bit mediocre but for it to have long legs. It's been built from the ground up with a 'games as a service' model which means they can usually offset disappointing initial sales with dlc to make it profitable in the long term.

The only issue is SFV hasn't had much in the way of legs either though.
It has at least been keeping a decent player-base though.

is capcom even dropping money on advertising this game? i doubt many casual marvel fans even know about the bad early word of mouth. if capcom hopes the hardcore are going to make this game a success then it will fail spectacularly.
Saw a commercial during MNFootball. It looked so bad.

Whats weird is they've got 10 games like that and they still have Xenoverse 2 out as a relevant game today still getting more DLC. They still got mad that DBFZ wasn't essentially yet another arena battle DBZ game. LIke genuinely upset that the game exists in this form.

Where is all this supposed hate for DBFZ exactly? I've literally never seen anything but positivity for it.

Neoxon

*sees PS4 w/ MvCI inside*
I can wait until Thursday

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant even train with fight request on in training mode (PC), so really thinking matchmaking is borked if you choose to look for a fight?

McNum

Because it's mainly appealing to hardcore FGC players. Also it's a 2D fighter when previous games were 3D and arena. Some DBZ fans want to fly around and want simple button prompts to turn SSJ3.
*Raises hand*

I am a Dragonball fan and I totally want exactly that. What's the point of a Dragonball game where you can't fly? I can appreciate how the Dragonball FighterZ looks, because it looks amazing, but I don't really want to play it. I got MvCI because I could play as Mega Man X. I can play as Goku is more games than DBF. Even if it's really pretty. (Also SSJ3 isn't really that good. I preferred Super Vegeta 2. Less draining and boosted ki blasts more.)

As an aside, I think I need to take Thor to Training Mode. As silly as it sounds, I may have had a dream of something I need to check if it's even real. Can Thor throw Mjolnir in the air?

JayEH

Where is all this supposed hate for DBFZ exactly? I've literally never seen anything but positivity fo or it.

Only thing I've seen is a bunch of upvoted comments on some gameplay videos saying the game shouldn't be $60 because "arcade games" shouldn't cost that much. Don't know if that's the common sentiment though.

Astral

Yeah, ASW games have a lot more hit-stop in them than Capcom titles.

I kinda like a good amount of hitstun though. It makes me feel more in control of my character. That's my main issue with this game and 3. I don't like having to press buttons so damn fast. It makes it a lot harder to memorize what combos work in what situations.

patchday

*Raises hand*

I am a Dragonball fan and I totally want exactly that. What's the point of a Dragonball game where you can't fly? I can appreciate how the Dragonball FighterZ looks, because it looks amazing, but I don't really want to play it. I got MvCI because I could play as Mega Man X. I can play as Goku is more games than DBF. Even if it's really pretty. (Also SSJ3 isn't really that good. I preferred Super Vegeta 2. Less draining and boosted ki blasts more.)

As an aside, I think I need to take Thor to Training Mode. As silly as it sounds, I may have had a dream of something I need to check if it's even real. Can Thor throw Mjolnir in the air?

Thank you for posting!! I did think exact samething when I first saw DBZF. But then I saw it looked way better then anime (its true to manga) and only then I got pumped

VariantX

Where is all this supposed hate for DBFZ exactly? I've literally never seen anything but positivity fo or it.

Its not from any one else but the people who prefer the DBZ games with 100+ characters and all their versions/ transformations. Everyone else seems to be fine with DBFZ

MechaX

There have been some pros being critical for it being too simple or characters not being diverse enough. The latter I think will be a nonissue as we get more characters, the former who knows. But the former is also walking across the tight rope of appealing to the FGC and casual crowd at once, so you know how that can go.

Other haters are the Xenoverse only people or people who are used to 20 versions of Goku in Tenkaichi games. They will bitch for reasons not entirely valid for a fighting game of this type, but they'll buy it anyway.

Other complaints have centered around low damage scaling for supers, but this is Arc; we are in store for some nutty balancing in loc tests/betas before we reach a good balancing point at release.

I'm not even sure what the "service" model entails. Like Capcom is just going to keep selling $5 costumes to a few thousand people?

Yup. Look at DOA5. When your overhead is low, it doesn't take a ton to turn a profit.

The only issue is SFV hasn't had much in the way of legs either though.
It has at least been keeping a decent player-base though.

Eh I dunno, it's still the number 1 FGC game at tournies and is the only one that is getting aired on tv. I'm sure it's profitable for Capcom in any case, even if only modestly.

Jawmuncher

Yup. Look at DOA5. When your overhead is low, it doesn't take a ton to turn a profit.

Eh I dunno, it's still the number 1 FGC game at tournies and is the only one that is getting aired on tv. I'm sure it's profitable for Capcom in any case, even if only modestly.

I was talking just sales in units. The legs are definitely mainly in the FGC part of it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Thanos seems super fun. even if you dont know how to do palm loops (I can only do 2 lol) hes great. Replaced GR with him in my Hulk team.

Baby steps

nZn6K5.gif

all I have to do is finish the bnb and get at least 4 more hits in there to turn simple combos like this into instant level 5 frank

Negaduck

I love that dante's idle is so bad lmao. It didn't even look like he had a breathing animation in idle.

Unless my trials cpu dante was messed up lol. The coat was moving slightly but the upper part of the model wasnt moving an inch lol.

This game is so fucking fun though so things like that don't matter to me.

Ryce

I love that dante's idle is so bad lmao. It didn't even look like he had a breathing animation in idle.

Unless my trials cpu dante was messed up lol. The coat was moving slightly but the upper part of the model wasnt moving an inch lol.

This game is so fucking fun though so things like that don't matter to me.
It's the exact same idle animation he had in MvC3.

Rhaknar

now im easily finding matches when I look (not in training). /shrug

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";249443187]Baby steps

nZn6K5.gif

all I have to do is finish the bnb and get at least 4 more hits in there to turn simple combos like this into instant level 5 frank[/QUOTE]
I always forget Novas in this game

Zaverious

Do y'all keep easy hyper combo and auto super jump on? Thinking of turning off at least auto super jump. Easy hyper combo is annoying when I do advacning guard sometimes but I'll just have to deal.

PSqueak

Banned
Finally got the game last nite, finished the story mode in one sitting.

Im sure this possibly has already been reported, but if you set the Language to Latin American Spanish, Dark Kingdom - Heart of Chaos is incorrectly labeled "Quinjet - Fuselage", so im assuming that's gonna be an upcoming stage.

MechaX

So if I just walked in and picked up a deluxe edition today, would I just get the season pass or would I still get the costumes even though I didn't preorder?

Trying to weigh if I should get the deluxe edition or just get the standard edition and take a wait and see approach with the DLC characters or get the pass later down the line

PSqueak

Banned
So if I just walked in and picked up a deluxe edition today, would I just get the season pass or would I still get the costumes even though I didn't preorder?

Trying to weigh if I should get the deluxe edition or just get the standard edition and take a wait and see approach with the DLC characters or get the pass later down the line

just the Season Pass and Carol if you are on the PS4.

R0ckman

Animations seem so inconsistent, Captain Marvel facial expressions in story mode have a small bit of variance but everyone else its like they didnt even bother. This is deffinitely a bargain bin game for me.

Negaduck

It's the exact same idle animation he had in MvC3.

Weird. It looked so unnatural. Maybe mine was messed up, I sat there and no part of the upper torso moved. No idle breathing animation, no opening of the hands, swaying of the arms, shoulders or anything.

It looked really bad. Especially next to jedah who's idle has so much going on.

Top Bottom