• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Nephtes

Yess! I just bought my switch today! GameStop near me had 9 of them. It almost felt like a sketchy deal going down, cause I know how fast they sell. This was the first new shipment since April. Employee was just verbal waterboarding me with "oh you want this?" Upsale upsale bla bla.

I need to know what good eShop titles are on here.

Wrong thread?
MvC: I Switch Version confirmed?

Yess! I just bought my switch today! GameStop near me had 9 of them. It almost felt like a sketchy deal going down, cause I know how fast they sell. This was the first new shipment since April. Employee was just verbal waterboarding me with "oh you want this?" Upsale upsale bla bla.

Don't sleep on Puyo Tetris

Wallach

Active tag is what is gonna keep this game from getting stale. People are discovering insane Ghost Rider and Nemesis combos. Two characters people didn't give a shit about are all of a sudden going up in tier placement cuz of active tag.

Yeah honestly the systems have enough flexibility and depth that things are going to change with even more frequency than MvC3 for a while.

One other thing you'll see develop very quickly I think are counter-switch focused combos, ala "burst safe" GG combos (though there is even more counter play in that dynamic because you can change how your counter-switched character comes in).

Durden77

Exclusive Switch version?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You'll get them eventually but be prepared to pay for them...

I would bet you good money that there is zero chance they will charge for those remaining story stages if they do release them.

Ryce

For some reason Nemesis isn’t internally designated as a bad guy like Jedah, Firebrand, Ultron, Thanos, or Dormammu. He triggers the regular/heroic dialog in team-ups and intros instead of the villainous stuff. This obviously isn’t a big deal, but little mistakes like this bug me.

T.O.P

Banned
netcode test games with T.O.P turned into a 10-9 FT10 lol, this fucking game just makes you want to hit that rematch button.

GGs dude, that sure was a lot of fun (except when you get thrown around silly and you want to kill yourself but thats marvel for you lol). Netcode was fantastic aswell (portugal-italy this time, so it seems at least europe vs europe it holds up)

Yup, that was some legit fun

I'm at least starting to get the flow of the game finally, Nemesis is tons of fun forreals

JayEH

For some reason Nemesis isn’t internally designated as a bad guy like Jedah, Firebrand, Ultron, Thanos, or Dormammu. He triggers the regular/heroic dialog in team-ups and intros instead of the villainous stuff. This obviously isn’t a big deal, but little mistakes like this bug me.

Nemesis ain't a villain. He's just a hard working man doing his job.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Are mutant zombies evil? #zombieshavefeelingstoo #zombierights #umbrella

Perineum

Anyone have a good video tutorial for basic stuff? I was gonna try the Gooey and Jwong video to maybe learn some ish.

Also, what's a good combo video for Gamora, Ultron, Thanos, Jedah, and Rocket? Or what the best combinations of those characters are?

Ryce

Nemesis was internally designated as a villain in UMvC3, and he's an antagonist in story mode and in the Resident Evil series. It's obviously just a mistake. It's weird hearing Arthur say "thou art a pillar amongst men" when partnering with Nemesis.

Rhaknar

Nemesis was internally designated as a villain in UMvC3, and he's an antagonist in story mode and in the Resident Evil series. It's obviously just a mistake. It's weird hearing Arthur say "thou art a pillar amongst men" when partnering with Nemesis.

Arthur says that because Nemesis is tall and lanky, like a pillar.

:3

Tan

I'm finding the way projectiles work really wild, and "piercing" projectiles are a really weird addition too

Honestly considering the number of giant abominations that Chris and other RE characters have had to put up with, it would make sense that he would be the best at stalling it.
Even though it was Chris's stupidity that led to Spidey getting taken over by the Symbiote to begin with and having Frank of all people free him by setting off a car alarm.

Yeah, Chris is a beast so of course he'd be able to deal with it. Still, it looked hilarious seeing him dive around in the background.

Jinroh

How this game can be so ugly is beyond be, the characters look like early PS3. I'm starting to regret paying full price for the deluxe edition.

Dahbomb

So what does Photon Absorber do? haha
Turns you into Juggernaut/Nemesis because someone at Capcom forgot about this move apparently.

You can armor through all lights and all non-heavy/super projectiles. So essentially armor through everything except heavy attacks.

So just turn that power up and start Blitzing at your opponent.

Turns you into Juggernaut/Nemesis because someone at Capcom forgot about this move apparently.

You can armor through all lights and all non-heavy/super projectiles. So essentially armor through everything except heavy attacks.

So just turn that power up and start Blitzing at your opponent.

ahhh, ok cool. Thanks

edit: What about her down down special ?

Nemesis ain't a villain. He's just a hard working man doing his job.

That job just happens to be eliminating all of STARS. And who was the leader of STARS? That's right, Albert Wesker. Nemesis is the true hero, but unfortunately for him he can't make that omelette without breaking a few eggs, which would be the other STARS members. Especially when they're running round yelling "I'm a member of STARS!" every 10 seconds, MVC2 Jill!

Nephtes

How this game can be so ugly is beyond be, the characters look like early PS3. I'm starting to regret paying full price for the deluxe edition.

I want to go back and play the early PS3 game that has character models that look and animate as well as Cpt. Marvel and Gamora.

Can you name a few for me?

vg260

Anyone have a good video tutorial for basic stuff? I was gonna try the Gooey and Jwong video to maybe learn some ish.

Also, what's a good combo video for Gamora, Ultron, Thanos, Jedah, and Rocket? Or what the best combinations of those characters are?

Check out Sajam's basics tutorial.
It was on Twitch but mirrored on his YouTube.
Sorry, no link handy atm.

Yokai

You should look at an early PS3 game again.

1714992-dmc4_dante_rose.jpeg

qan05ha25r2kvi3bygzx.jpg

And a bonus raiden for the road.

Seiniyta

Without the blurry AA and Chromatic Abberation the game looks way better. Still rather drab artstyle though.

The netcode for me is a mixed bag. Matches closer to me perform better but when trying to play it with a friend in California (I'm from Belgium) it becomes near unplayable with a lot if pauses. SFV in that regard was way better with some minor teleporting going on sometimes but still very playable.

Astral

Wtf is up with Dante's Mission 8? The game doesn't register my aerial LP, HP. I did the whole combo multiple times already. In my mind I'm good but the game doesn't wanna acknowledge it.

Dahbomb

Wtf is up with Dante's Mission 8? The game doesn't register my aerial LP, HP. I did the whole combo multiple times already. In my mind I'm good but the game doesn't wanna acknowledge it.
Are you sure you are not pressing forward+LP when jumping up? Dante has different command normals, might want to check the inputs.

Without the blurry AA and Chromatic Abberation the game looks way better. Still rather drab artstyle though.

The netcode for me is a mixed bag. Matches closer to me perform better but when trying to play it with a friend in California (I'm from Belgium) it becomes near unplayable with a lot if pauses. SFV in that regard was way better with some minor teleporting going on sometimes but still very playable.
That's like at least 200ms of ping differential..

Astral

Are you sure you are not pressing forward+LP when jumping up? Dante has different command normals, might want to check the inputs.

That was it thanks. Mission 9 is even easier wtf lol. Not even gonna bother with 10 since I don't plan on using Strange.

Lulubop

Dante is the worst looking character in the game. His animations just look so janky in addition to his graphical effects/ particle being just worse. Everyone else is fine enough, maybe Chris is just as bad but seesh.

"I feel pretty confident saying the active tag and counter tag are probably the best mechanics put into a fighting game in a long time. It's just insane how dynamic matches can get."

SFxT vindicated.

Nephtes

"I feel pretty confident saying the active tag and counter tag are probably the best mechanics put into a fighting game in a long time. It's just insane how dynamic matches can get."

SFxT vindicated.

I feel confident that the game doesn't do enough to teach the player how to properly utilize these mechanics.

The missions for Active Tag each simply require the player to tap the tag button 3 times. 😐
I feel like the attrition rate for new players will be high...

I dunno, Marvel might have to overtake a SFV day. So 4 days on Marvel and 3 days on SFV. I enjoy both, but I want SFV to get a refresher soon and that might not come till Jan.

Fugg I love this game.

I feel confident that the game doesn't do enough to teach the player how to properly utilize these mechanics.

The missions for Active Tag each simply require the player to tap the tag button 3 times. ��
I feel like the attrition rate for new players will be high...

Doubt it. Casuals will shit around with the basic stuff, hardcore players will learn, and there's enough in the mission area to wet their whistles. It's not perfect, as it's still missing shit, but it's enough to have them consider that there's more to play with in the game. Really, at this point, fighting games need to focus on getting people on the bike. There's no way to ride it for them, but they can get them on.

Top Bottom