• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

mbpm1

played two beginner matches

idk what I'm doing but this game is definitely fun

hawkeye's specials whiffing on crouchers is hmm

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Seems my team is pretty bad out there in the wild ranked lobby. I always get bopped so hard so I'm trying to figure out how to do my characters better.

Captain Marvel BnB into level 5 Flank West

nZno0E.gif

LegendX48

The arcade mode is kinda easy on normal mode, got a perfect even. The lack of a fun comic panel like mvc3 is a downer though.

Having fun with Gamora/Cap

I am FAR better playing in portable than in docked. Something about wrist movement with the extra weight.
Huh. The weight thing I can kinda get, I prefer docked myself though, feels better with the motion controls.

patchday

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";249616776]Captain Marvel BnB into level 5 Flank West

nZno0E.gif
[/QUOTE]

what move can Marvel do to make them pop back up into the air again after a knockdown? Was that a D2 (or rather down + HP in MvCI terms)

Durden77

You know, with the VA generally being a downgrade from UMvC3, there's still some spots where it shines.

I actually like that characters can say a few different things on supers now. I think Dante says "Move your feet!" When he does million dollars sometimes, which is kind of bad ass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, with the VA generally being a downgrade from UMvC3, there's still some spots where it shines.

I actually like that characters can say a few different things on supers now. I think Dante says "Move your feet!" When he does million dollars sometimes, which is kind of bad ass.

I have no point of reference, but from quickly looking through the Collection Mode, each character has a shit ton of voice clips, over a hundred.

Astral

Cap Marvel seems very strong. I just made up an absurd midscreen combo that takes the opponent a thousand miles up in the air and hits for like 4.8k meterless.

LegendX48

Just destroyed someone on my first ranked match. What happened to them was downright unfair and I feel kinda bad lol

Took more savage beatings online and to add to that instead of uninstalling the demo I uninstalled the game fuck me.
Accidental rage quit? That sucks though :/

kunonabi

Cap Marvel seems very strong. I just made up an absurd midscreen combo that takes the opponent a thousand miles up in the air and hits for like 4.8k meterless.

Yeah, i had a bunch of stuff going that was doing a ton of damage before relaunches or tags. She has really weird properties though. I keep getting locked out of being able to do her blitz blow if the combo counter gets high but it isnt super consistent. At least you can go binary and link four of them in a row and continue into anything you want after.

mas8705

The VA doesn't even annoy me anymore. I find most of them funny. Strange in particular...is one of the more hilarious ones.

Honestly, when I listen to Strange, all I can hear is Red Skull.

Kind of a shame too that we might not get to see him as playable, although I don't know if any other VAs are pulling double work at the immediate moment. Still... We are holding off for Asura too...

LET'S GET ALL THREE! :D Liam is a delight to listen to. ^_^

Neoxon

Honestly, when I listen to Strange, all I can hear is Red Skull.

Kind of a shame too that we might not get to see him as playable, although I don't know if any other VAs are pulling double work at the immediate moment. Still... We are holding off for Asura too...

LET'S GET ALL THREE! :D Liam is a delight to listen to. ^_^
Fred Tatasciore is both Hulk & Ghost Rider.

patchday

What do you guys want to see in a beginners/intermediate written guide for this game?

Just about anything is on the table.

how are we suppose to know whats attacks are 'safe' with no frame data? We just learn on-the-fly in a match?

what basics do noobs focus on?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What do you guys want to see in a beginners/intermediate written guide for this game?

I think a section on taking BnBs from what you practice in training mode to real situations/neutral/integrating them with set ups is important. I can practice all day long in training mode but when it comes to pulling them off in real matches, I fumble or it doesn't come out right or I default to ABCS-superjump-BBCS.

Incentives to switch and extend vs. do a solo combo? (particularly relevant now that everyone can OTG; I figure it's more about health management than anything else).

How many different combos should a beginner learn? One per character? A mid-screen and corner per character? Or what should the progression here be as skill increases? Does it make sense to learn one character at a time or both at once in conjunction?

Might be out of the scope of what you're doing, the but just some ideas.

Astral

Yeah, i had a bunch of stuff going that was doing a ton of damage before relaunches or tags. She has really weird properties though. I keep getting locked out of being able to do her blitz blow if the combo counter gets high but it isnt super consistent. At least you can go binary and link four of them in a row and continue into anything you want after.

I had the same issue with the blitz blow. I had to rework my combo a bunch because I couldn't figure out was was going wrong. I haven't tried her binary mode yet.

mas8705

Fred Tatasciore is both Hulk & Ghost Rider.

Ok, so there is someone pulling double work. Still, I can't really hear the similarities myself, so that's good. I love Liam's work, but he does have "that voice" that you can't mistake. Thus to hear it out of Strange's voice makes me concerned about Asura's future as a playable character (unless if they decide to just roll with it or try and change out his VA for some bizarre reason).

I would say if anything else, things that can help newcomers wanting to do more move to the next step like what Enzo said. I do want to try and get better at the game, but I feel too noobish at this game in spite of being able to do a good chunk of mission mode (getting up to mission 4-8 with some characters)

dankir

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";249616776]Captain Marvel BnB into level 5 Flank West

nZno0E.gif
[/QUOTE]

the 4 MAX and MAX 4 on the bottom is driving me crazy.

TP

Finally went online on PC and got bodied in beginners league

6Wpgp2v.jpg

Still fun though, I can clearly see my many, many mistakes and what I need to improve on

My connection quality was butt though, 4+ bars and still noticeable lag

---

Thor is feeling pretty fun, I barely touched him last game so I can't really compare but I don't remember him feeling like this.

galvatron

Real BnBs for the characters where they seem to really drop the ball in the tutorials.

How to approach stone choice given a team and a breakdown of exactly how all the stones work to the best of your knowledge. Like I only found out about free level 3s off of stone activation in the thread today.

This skews towards intermediate, but just what techniques are the building blocks of the big combos. Like how does the ultron flight combo work where he'd just raining HP on people while going up the screen? I'm guessing it's still fly-unfly... Still, I'm a grounded fighter guy and I never really got past some week one Sentinel stuff in MvC3 as far as aerial swag, but not knowing where to even begin with the stuff you see in a stream can be discouraging for newer folks.

Guidance on character choice and team synergy in this new system. It's not as simple as picking a shell and fanboy choice for point anymore.

I'll have more later I'm sure...

ScribbleD

Real BnBs for the characters where they seem to really drop the ball in the tutorials.

How to approach stone choice given a team and a breakdown of exactly how all the stones work to the best of your knowledge. Like I only found out about free level 3s off of stone activation in the thread today.

This skews towards intermediate, but just what techniques are the building blocks of the big combos. Like how does the ultron flight combo work where he'd just raining HP on people while going up the screen? I'm guessing it's still fly-unfly... Still, I'm a grounded fighter guy and I never really got past some week one Sentinel stuff in MvC3 as far as aerial swag, but not knowing where to even begin with the stuff you see in a stream can be discouraging for newer folks.

Guidance on character choice and team synergy in this new system. It's not as simple as picking a shell and fanboy choice for point anymore.

I'll have more later I'm sure...

Wait, that's for all stone activations? I thought it was just for a specific one (mind or soul, forget which).

Dahbomb

how are we suppose to know whats attacks are 'safe' with no frame data? We just learn on-the-fly in a match?

what basics do noobs focus on?

Right now you have to go into training mode, record the dummy to the move you want to test and then have them block after. If you can punish them after they do they move with a light attack or higher it is unsafe.

But Frame data should be coming soon so I probably will not have a section for doing that.

Drahcir

The Support/Point thing is an attempt to provide a framework for the "Synergy" point. "Synergy" just means two characters working better together than either works in a vacuum. "Support/Point" means that some are better as the point character you use to open the other person up, while the other support character is better at setting up opportunities for the point character to get in.

Thanks! I guess I should consider that list of who is who when I start trying out character pairings.

I am going to be making a giant MVCI guide/primer for new players soon on a Google document. There are 0 resources for the game right now, all the information is scattered and information is always being dolled out in relative terms to previous MVC games which makes things confusing for new players.

I will also be linking combos and other guides in that document for characters if I can find any.

Like I see people asking for questions and while I have some answers, I think it's better to actually have a resource that can be updated.

So I will be attempting to explain stuff like synergy, point vs support and team structure/examples.

I have a mechanics guide up already that is in the OP. Most of the information in it is still valid but I will be updating that too.

This would be great!

robot

I’ve been playing as Spiderman / Captain America since MvSF, and this is the best they’ve ever been - Spidey especially.

Also Haggar is amazing. Now please give us Captain Commando!

Monster Hunter build being streamed at TGS again:
go.twitch.tv/capcom_channel

Though, they're inviting random people up to play, so she might not be picked...

kunonabi

I had the same issue with the blitz blow. I had to rework my combo a bunch because I couldn't figure out was was going wrong. I haven't tried her binary mode yet.

nice to know im not crazy about it being weird and other people have the same issue.

I'm hoping that her binary mode ends up adding enough damage that you can is it in combos instead of her beam super since her other enders seem like better starters to tag nemesis in to finish the combo.

Astral

Does anyone happen to have a Morrigan/Marvel team? I can do some decent stuff switching from Morrigan to Marvel but not the other way around. Captain Marvel can only really switch after blitz blow. Or a normal bit of course.

Jawmuncher

The misdirected me are a lot harder in this game than MVC3. Mainly since they jump to long or specific combos so quickly. Thankfully getting 100 missions done is easy. I’ve given up on getting 5 characters all done though.

Top Bottom