• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

if he has the deluxe edition than he has at least 2 costumes.

on the charater select screen above colors you can go left and right for other costumes, i the char has it.
Wait which ones?

I thought pre-ordering the standard version got you 2 costumes while pre-ordering Deluxe got you 4?

Wallach

Wait which ones?

I thought pre-ordering the standard version got you 2 costumes while pre-ordering Deluxe got you 4?

When I ordered it off PSN, the description said it came with 4 costumes. Even right now it says that the standard edition comes with a Captain Marvel costume.

But in-game I have no option to select costume on anyone.

When I ordered it off PSN, the description said it came with 4 costumes. Even right now it says that the standard edition comes with a Captain Marvel costume.

But in-game I have no option to select costume on anyone.

Yeah you should have a total of 5 costumes if you pre-ordered the Deluxe edition on PSN.

Try going to the PS4 settings, Account and then restoring Licenses. Then restart your PS4 just in case. Also check the add-ons section in the store, maybe you have to download them separately like you do with NRS games.

Marvel

could never
Ultron is my favorite dude looks, sounds and plays awesome. Just wish my brain could adjust to this style of fighter.

Wallach

Yeah you should have a total of 5 costumes if you pre-ordered the Deluxe edition on PSN.

Try going to the PS4 settings, Account and then restoring Licenses. Then restart your PS4 just in case. Also check the add-ons section in the store, maybe you have to download them separately like you do with NRS games.

I think I bought it the day it came out. I'm just going by the info they had on the page in the store when I bought it; I think it listed a costume for like Thor, Hulk, and Ryu?

So in-game I went to the PlayStation Store option, and under "deluxe edition" for the actual game it said "free" - selecting that asked me to select a version, either "Full Game" or... "Full Game". So I picked one and clicked download, and it sent me a receipt for another deluxe edition of the game for $0.00, and unlocked one of those costumes they listed (Captain Marvel).

What the actual fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait which ones?

oh youre right actually, Deluxe only lists the game and the season pas now. My bad, I didnt realise those were also pre order bonuses. Welp.

I'm having a lot of fun with Ultron but I can't find anything that's particularly damaging for him. What are his best BnBs? Preferably doesn't involve fly loops cuz I'm still getting used to the controls lol.

I think I bought it the day it came out. I'm just going by the info they had on the page in the store when I bought it; I think it listed a costume for like Thor, Hulk, and Ryu?

So in-game I went to the PlayStation Store option, and under "deluxe edition" for the actual game it said "free" - selecting that asked me to select a version, either "Full Game" or... "Full Game". So I picked one and clicked download, and it sent me a receipt for another deluxe edition of the game for $0.00, and unlocked one of those costumes they listed (Captain Marvel).

What the actual fuck.
That was weird. But if you bought even a minute after the game unlocked, then you didn't get those 4 costumes.

The costumes were Evil Ryu, Gladiator Hulk, Ragnarok (shirtless) Thor and Command Mission X.

Captain marvel is a PS4 exclusive so you have that one regardless of when you bought it.

NEO0MJ

Tempted to switch my controls to

LP HP 2P Tag
LK HK ?? Gem

TO make wave dashing easier because I find it too difficult to reach for the last button with my pinky.

I'm having a lot of fun with Ultron but I can't find anything that's particularly damaging for him. What are his best BnBs? Preferably doesn't involve fly loops cuz I'm still getting used to the controls lol.

Isn't that pretty much how he does his big damage? You're supposed to use his other tools to help you approach/ open up opponents so you can get it going. Tried to mess around with solo combos without it but I can't do anything worthwhile yet.

NotLiquid

Are there any characters people feel are being slept on in the grand scheme of things?

I hear so little about Frank West - and yet I was shocked by how easy God's Beard's combo got him to Level 5 compared to how long it took to get him to that in UMvC3.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Watching the stream from earlier, Max got a match in training seconds after he turned fight request on (PC), there is definately something going on with matchmaking if it works like that in training but not when you search.

edit: he got constant matches so /shrug

Are there any characters people feel are being slept on in the grand scheme of things?

I hear so little about Frank West - and yet I was shocked by how easy God's Beard's combo got him to Level 5 compared to how long it took to get him to that in UMvC3.

I agree. Active Tag makes leveling Frank so much easier than in 3. I've been considering running him again.

Durden77

I think Frank is really good in this game. I want to make a team for him bad, but I feel like he's got better partners than Ghost Rider, who I'm workin with now. Also just have a ton to learn about him, he's a very tricky character. Seems so simple on the surface but there's a lot of specifics with him.

Other than that, not really though. Most characters are bein given their dues in some form or another. I think Strider may qualify as even though he's getting decent use, he seems REALLY fucking good. And there's somethingabout Thor that make people want to sleep on him till the end of time, but he seems good too.

shaowebb

So far i have no idea who I want to dedicate my time on. Still feeling out controls and i need to get a converter because im stuck on a stick that sucks instead og my main one. Qanba drone stick and its 4 way gate just feels clunk as fuck on any qcf qcb or haalf circle because its touchy and dead zones easy. Literally easier to play pad currently. I want my cthulhu stick back :(

So far the guys that feel the most fun for me are
  • Dante
  • X
  • Thanos
  • Ultron
  • Spidey
  • Hulk

NotLiquid

I kind of just had the epiphany that maybe the reason Spencer didn't get his Rearmed alt as the default costume is because it kind of looks similar to new Hawkeye.

Basically what I'm saying is fuck new Hawkeye.

HotHamBoy

I just said screw it and am gonna make this Gamora & Jedah team work

That's literally the team I went for first.

Scrub life problems:

I’m playing in Beginners League because I am a novice and, admittedly, a pretty damn poor player. However, I follow competitive fighting games to understand the early emerging concepts in MvCI, I just obviously can’t execute on them effectively. I can string together a ground-to-air-to-tag-to-ground-to-wallbounce combo (maybe just shy of 30 hits?) pretty consistently. However, my spacing and defense are pretty bad, and while I had a few wins racked up and got about halfway through rank 15, I got pushed all the way back to literally 0 experience by losing back to back to back to auto combo users.

So, I turned off auto combo right away out of pride — I feel like I knew enough about fighting games to just take the training wheels off from the get-go, but here I am, finding out that despite whatever I might know, I can’t execute on my spacing and defense well enough to avoid losing to people playing with the training wheels on, and I feel like I’m in a very particular place where if I turn them back on to sort of ease my ability to win against these types of players, I stunt my offensive execution building (perhaps even regress by leaning in on it). The very obvious answer is to just work on better defense and spacing... But I’m finding myself go on tilt every time I see “Auto Combo” show up on my opponents combo counter.

Meh. I just gotta stick with it, just gotta not get salty about it, just gotta work on my own failures and stop worrying about what the other person is doing to achieve their victories. :p

Players who are relying on auto-combo are going to hit a wall pretty hard because their fundamentals suck.

The obvious answer is "don't get it." They can't combo you if you block everything so, yes, focus on defense and spacing and punish whiffs. The skills you develop fighting the easy-mode opponents will take you farther in the long run.

Rhaknar

half of me thinks watching streams instead of playing the game is bad because ill get left behind, but then I find shit in streams that will (hopefully) help my game so I guess it evens out?

Like im watching the max stream from earlier (since I was sleeping at the time) and hes playing a lot of ghost rider, and im getting into rider, I didnt know you could sneak in those heavy punch chains inbetween the EAT CHAIN forward and EAT CHAIN back, or that you could combo EAT CHAIN out of the long ass HP either.

I guess thats "how it works"? I never really tried to get good at a fighting game, I always played them basically as "sweep, uppercut, jump HK" as I like to say :p

half of me thinks watching streams instead of playing the game is bad because ill get left behind, but then I find shit in streams that will (hopefully) help my game so I guess it evens out?

Like im watching the max stream from earlier (since I was sleeping at the time) and hes playing a lot of ghost rider, and im getting into rider, I didnt know you could sneak in those heavy punch chains inbetween the EAT CHAIN forward and EAT CHAIN back, or that you could combo EAT CHAIN out of the long ass HP either.

I guess thats "how it works"? I never really tried to get good at a fighting game, I always played them basically as "sweep, uppercut, jump HK" as I like to say :p

Yeah basically. Watch something on stream, practice it in training, and perform it in a real match.

V-Faction

I love how some characters rise to the top thanks to exclusions/inclusions of the mechanics. It's great playing them.

'Cept friggin' Chris.

Renkax

Question y'all . Anyone who plays offline when selecting the Vs P2 option. Anyone gets a screen afterwards deciding which control goes to P1 and P2? I've asked a friend of mine and he hasn't seen it but it tells me that I can install up to 4 controllers .. never had the chance to actually see if anything pops up cause I don't have more than 2 controls

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Im absolutely in love with the game. Even bought the season pass(when they revealed the content).

For every shitty thing it does wrong the game play, netcode, and plentiful enough content make a strong case for it. Crow to be had.

9ez4FRz.gif

never thought I will see the day to happens.

shaowebb

I kind of just had the epiphany that maybe the reason Spencer didn't get his Rearmed alt as the default costume is because it kind of looks similar to new Hawkeye.

Basically what I'm saying is fuck new Hawkeye.
Hawkeye got problems anyhow imo just from the stages bein smaller. He aint bad but he feels like he takes more work.

Rhaknar

Im absolutely in love with the game. Even bought the season pass(when they revealed the content).

For every shitty thing it does wrong the game play, netcode, and plentiful enough content make a strong case for it. Crow to be had.

wait_wha.gif

Playing on aPS4 controller and i mapped R2 as both punches for easier air dashes. But i still had a lot if trouble doing it consistently. I then noticed in the lab that it kept registering two presses most times i tried it. I think R2 is really pressure sensitive so when i feel like im just tapping it im actually hitting it twice. I remapped my controls a bit and put both punches on R1 and my game improved tenfold. I really recommend PS4 pad pkayers try this if they are struggling with this.

Piccoro

So MvCI just came out in Asian regions. Lots of Korean and Japanese streams on Twitch.

Hope I run into some Asian player online.

HotHamBoy

Playing on an 8 button stick. Set up:

HP LK HK INF
LP TAG _ _

Hrap 4 has an arc alignment so i have thumb + 4 fingers on attacks and i just pivot the thumb to tag. Seems to work well.

Playing on aPS4 controller and i mapped R2 as both punches for easier air dashes. But i still had a lot if trouble doing it consistently. I then noticed in the lab that it kept registering two presses most times i tried it. I think R2 is really pressure sensitive so when i feel like im just tapping it im actually hitting it twice. I remapped my controls a bit and put both punches on R1 and my game improved tenfold. I really recommend PS4 pad pkayers try this if they are struggling with this.

I'm probably gonna map dual punch to R1 and dual kick to R2, then assist to L1 and Stone to L2.

It's gonna be awkward though, because I'm used to there just being one special move button on MvC3 with R2, and using that to wave dash and do supers, but with both punch and kick on shoulder buttons, I'm used to the SF default of R1 punch, L1 kick.

This game feels so good to control. Still working on combos and need to get pay for psn again before hoping online. Very impressed with it how this plays. Working on spidey and hulk. Still not sure what gem to give them. Next team will be cap and iron man.

anyone happen to have some YT links handy for general tag strategies that less experienced players like myself can follow?

I'm having trouble finding combos that do more damage than if I had just kept the 1st character in for the duration of a normal combo into super. Not that it isn't fun to switch, but given the risk, I need to understand how to use it to justify taking the risk.

Rhaknar

glad that double Dante shit happened on Max's stream at least, since its a popular stream and he has easy access to Capcom to tell them about that shit

brian!

Ive been having this issue but i feel like it's too late for me to switch. I see other ppl dealing though so i think ill just try to get more precise with my inputs. It's mainly cause r1 is tag lol, im slamming that button all the time

anyone happen to have some YT links handy for general tag strategies that less experienced players like myself can follow?

I'm having trouble finding combos that do more damage than if I had just kept the 1st character in for the duration of a normal combo into super. Not that it isn't fun to switch, but given the risk, I need to understand how to use it to justify taking the risk.

It depends on a couple of factors, dmg is one, but you have oki, corner carry, etc. I often just use 1 character combos, tho i dunno if this is correct. Tagging also can help you if you're out of position for your single character bnb, i find that i can pick up a lot of fumbles tagging in and converting

And ofc sometimes you just want to do a tag combo because you want to switch out and get your guy healing quick

Top Bottom