• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

sinkfla87

Thanks for the games, everyone. I gotta go for now but I should be back on later. Are you Viper, JayEh? That was an intense match lol. Good game.

Dahbomb

No it isnt. You can Gamma Charge -> Air Gamma charge
The air charge is also kinda unsafe if they are airborne already.

So now the most oppressive move in the game is manageable.
You still can't do anything while that is out. It also punishes tags so all you can do while that is out is jump around helplessly.

And Champ already has counter to that. He will be tagging in Ultron and doing shorts on you so you can't up back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thanks for the games, everyone. I gotta go for now but I should be back on later. Are you Viper, JayEh? That was an intense match lol. Good game.

Good Games! I guess I really need to work on my bnb and combo better but I think you are being hard on yourself since I think your jedah is pretty good with couple of basic bnbs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The air charge is also kinda unsafe if they are airborne already.

yus, but you can do reality stone out of it, or heavy kick/punch on their head if they try to catch you. Of all the shit that I get got with, Gamma Charges arent one of them /shrug

I hope we see that crazy Arthur / Nemesis guy on stream again today. When does it start?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
TuboWare‏ @TuboWare 4m4 minutes ago
More
If you just saw Heroic Legacy beat Olympic at CEOtaku, you just saw the future of Marvel Infinite

anyone saw this?

Rhaknar

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TuboWare‏ @TuboWare 4m4 minutes ago
More
If you just saw Heroic Legacy beat Olympic at CEOtaku, you just saw the future of Marvel Infinite

anyone saw this?
Link to match.

Also, what were the highlights from SCR Day 1 that I should be watching? Saw a bit of Nguyen stuff that seemed insane but no full matches.

EDIT LOL WE SFIV ALL OVER AGAIN

Rhaknar

those random invincible Shoryukens tho :D

Max vindicated.

Perineum

I'll be dead honest. SF5 at launch made me skeptical that it was going to be a bigger success or more fun to play/watch than SF4.

This game though? The more I play and watch the more I am sure this is the best vs game Capcom has given me since CvS2. I am fine with eating crow that I was completely wrong, and am glad I didn't blindly ignore it due to such harsh lashing out from the FGC.

I even said some stupid shit that the character's they brought back were "the same" but just playing Rocket Raccoon has me sold otherwise. Nova feels fresh too.

Capcom got the two things I want right: Gameplay that is fun, deep, and exciting to watch. Along with an online component that is buttery smooth.

Dahbomb, you posted the list of point, support, hybrid characters the other day, right?
What does X fall under?

I've been trying him out, and he seems great. He has multiple projectile shenanigans (the reason I ended up using Arthur on MvC3), plus he has cool stuff like the buster into flips. He seems like a more melee/rushdown version of Arthur, actually.

I was never one of those people who was clamouring for Mega Man/X etc. on MvC3, but after trying him, I'm so glad he's in.

im digging captain marvel fly combos. magneto function has been implemented

Seems like a bunch of flight combos are the same: iron man, captain marvel and nova. They all have that magneto combo feel and it's eating me up inside trying to pick one of them for a point character.

Perineum

Dahbomb, you posted the list of point, support, hybrid characters the other day, right?
What does X fall under?

I've been trying him out, and he seems great. He has multiple projectile shenanigans (the reason I ended up using Arthur on MvC3), plus he has cool stuff like the buster into flips. He seems like a more melee/rushdown version of Arthur, actually.

I was never one of those people who was clamouring for Mega Man/X etc. on MvC3, but after trying him, I'm so glad he's in.

I would like to see this list and explanation of roles in case Jedah Ultron, or C Marvel Ultron is cheeks.

Dahbomb

What does X fall under?

MMX is definitely a Support. FChamp thinks he's a pretty great Support in fact.

Just finished the story mode, I enjoyed it quiet a lot like I was expecting. About the ending
Is it safe to assume they plan to do a dlc story with the s1/s2 characters? Thanos still has Ryu's powers, the worlds are still merged, and Jedah is still out there. On top of that Nemesis, Firebrand, Dormammu, and Death are all unaccounted for even if the ending didn't specifically mention them

Edit: of course there was a post credit scene
still doesn't really resolve anything, though I guess Thanos is gonn try and get that sweet revenge. Surprised death wasn't part of the s1 dlc characters

Dahbomb

How the hell does he do Revolver after volcano? If I press triangle I get Beehive.
I think what he is doing is that he is jump canceling the animation of Volcano into Revolver.

So the input after Volcano is, QCF, up/forward + H, H.

The up forward turns it into a tiger knee motion and you get the jump cancel into Crystal into Revolver.

My big take away from the story mode is why do you never get to pick who you can play as? How hard would it be to give the player the option to quickly pick 2 characters when a group get ready to fight? It felt so bizarre that the final boss
literally everyone is there except the villains and x who's pre occupied charging the infinity buster, but I guess only captain marvel and dante can do anything
. Also why even bother
having Zero join the heroes if you're never gonna let me play as him?

OsirisBlack

Banned
Man have you not been reading my posts?

I have been complaining about Captain Marvel's Photon Absorber since the previous thread!

What do you mean not nerf that? You can't be serious with this statement man.

"Guys Photon Absorber is fine... just don't press Light Punch, Light Kick and don't throw out any projectiles." The hell kind of game play is this? You are telling people not to use over half of their buttons just so your character can escape a fix that is clearly not intended in the game.

Even in the official overview of Captain Marvel, she is not supposed to be absorbing more than 1 attack in Photon Absorber. What the hell is the point of having actual big bodies in the game when you have an air dasher that has passive armor on everything, has a high priority dive move, a command grab, a beam, a utility super, a slide and better damage than most big bodies?
Her armor works the same as everyone else's .When I face captain marvel or nemesis for that matter it's usually hp,f hp launcher armor works the same for everyone at least at first glance. Armor beats jabs and projectiles but gets stuffed by heavy attacks I really don't see the problem you just have to fight captain marvel, Thor, hulk, nemesis and Thanos with a bit more caution and can't just toss dumb shot out without paying for it.

Vic_Viper

yes, top option in the key chnging screen opens up a sub menu

Thanks, I cant stand the Auto Combo constantly starting whenever I hit the square button more than once lol. Trying to learn in training mode but the auto combo is throwing me off.

Now that the game is out, has Capcom given any indication as to when Black Panther is coming?(aside from Late October)

Rhaknar

Thanks, I cant stand the Auto Combo constantly starting whenever I hit the square button more than once lol. Trying to learn in training mode but the auto combo is throwing me off.

Now that the game is out, has Capcom given any indication as to when Black Panther is coming?(aside from Late October)

all we know is that Monster Hunter seems to be the first DLC character coming.

Top Bottom