• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Doctor Strange | Production Thread

latest
Fuck lol..

Ithil

Not sure if it's intentional, but the collar on Cumberbatch's jacket and coat layered and popping out, as well as the colour scheme, looks almost intentional.

This sort of aspect in the costume design is never unintentional.

She'll be Night Nurse.

Yeah I thought that too after the comment about the character in regards to Netflix's Daredevil. Is it confirmed yet?

Do you guys think they'll let him wear the iconic yellow coat with the tall collar? That's like the coolest elements of his costume.

I am like 99% certain they'll give him the iconic cloak and robes at the end of the film, but during it he won't wear it just yet.

He doesn't really have a yellow coat, though. His robes are blue, and his cloak is red with a golden border and broach (the Eye of Agamotto). He also has yellow gloves and sash.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
am I wrong in thinking Chiwetel looks a more dapper Black Panther as Mordo than the on set Black Panther photos from Civil War?

we still ain't seen shit, but that's one damn effective costume

am I wrong in thinking Chiwetel looks a more dapper Black Panther as Mordo than the on set Black Panther photos from Civil War?

we still ain't seen shit, but that's one damn effective costume

That looked like a heavy stunt costume, Ejiofor is wearing robes and just walking around in the streets...but yeah he looks awesome. I can't wait to see a real shot at Panther all done up and princely.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
But Wong is chinese and Adkins doesn't look like a Wong guy.

"my greatgreatgreat Chinese grandfather teached my family the arts of kicking arse, sunshine. I call myself Alistair Wong to honour him, he was a great bloke. Prepare to die"

SpaceWolf

Banned
Is the Iron Fist series really in that much trouble? People are making it sound like that project has practically been cancelled.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is the Iron Fist series really in that much trouble? People are making it sound like that project has practically been cancelled.
No, its just three seasons of Marvel Netflix shows away, so there is no reason to show something now.
Beside that, #Marvelisdooomed and that stupid ass issue that everyone makes out of Dannys race.

It depends on when it's supposed to premiere. If that's set for late next year or early 2017, they're running out of time to hire a showrunner, at the very least. If it's not meant to debut until spring/summer 2017, they have more time.

But Luke Cage's showrunner was announced over seven months ago, so it's not unreasonable to think we should have gotten at least that for IF by now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It depends on when it's supposed to premiere. If that's set for late next year or early 2017, they're running out of time to hire a showrunner, at the very least. If it's not meant to debut until spring/summer 2017, they have more time.

But Luke Cage's showrunner was announced over seven months ago, so it's not unreasonable to think we should have gotten at least that for IF by now.
Its set for 2017.
2016 will be Luke Cage and Daredevil. Plenty of time.

Its set for 2017.
2016 will be Luke Cage and Daredevil. Plenty of time.

It has no date other than TBA, actually, and Luke Cage would premiere in June/July if it follows the same shooting->premiere timetable as other Marvel shows, so there's at least a decent chance of a third Marvel show late next year. Could be JJ S2 or (ugh) Punisher instead, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It has no date other than TBA, actually, and Luke Cage would premiere in June/July if it follows the same shooting->premiere timetable as other Marvel shows, so there's at least a decent chance of a third Marvel show late next year. Could be JJ S2 or (ugh) Punisher instead, though.
There can be only two shows in a year when they have 6 months inbetween, which was just recently announced.

Defenders should be tba, too. Defenders is doomed!

There can be only two shows in a year when they have 6 months inbetween, which was just recently announced.

The Sarandos quote you're referring to was "ideally about every six months," which leaves a lot of wiggle room. That said, it's certainly possible that they'll shelve Cage for a few months to put more distance between it and DD S2.

And I don't think anyone expects Defenders news before they announce something about Iron Fist, which hasn't happened yet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Sarandos quote you're referring to was "ideally about every six months," which leaves a lot of wiggle room. That said, it's certainly possible that they'll shelve Cage for a few months to put more distance between it and DD S2.

And I don't think anyone expects Defenders news before they announce something about Iron Fist, which hasn't happened yet.
Right, because there is no reason to reveal big news for a tv show that is two year away

This is kind of a derail, so I'll just say that while I think it's premature to assume the worst about Iron Fist, I'm not going to conclude that all is well either until they announce a showrunner.

Pachimari

Filming has wrapped in Nepal, and production have moved in-studio in the United Kingdom. They'll film there until Spring of next year, and apparently Rachel McAdams have already shot some scenes.

We probably won't get that many more set photos for a long time.

Also, I really doubt Danny Rand would debut in Dr Strange and then move to Netflix.

Top Bottom