• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mary Skelter Finale announced for PS4, Switch

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Old news but nobody ever posted about it here.

Compile Heart announced 3D dungeon RPG Mary Skelter Finale for PlayStation 4 and Switch in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

Mary Skelter Finale depicts the end of the “jailbreak drama” series that unfolded through Mary Skelter: Nightmares, Mary Skelter 2, and the Mary Skelter short stories. The protagonist, who is trapped in Jail, a “living prison” full of twisted creatures known as “Marchens,” aims to escape with the help of “Blood Maidens” who possess special powers.

The story of Mary Skelter Finale opens with the following prologue: “A single match decides the ending of the jailbreak drama. When a lonely ‘little match girl’ no one notices is given a name, a single hope and joy was manifest in a single match… The curtain is about the rise on the finale.”

6zI5963.jpg

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Ah so this is what Mary Skelter Finale is, when you mentioned this in the thread the other day, I figured you was referring to a season finale of a TV series :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Ah so this is what Mary Skelter Finale is, when you mentioned this in the thread the other day, I figured you was referring to a season finale of a TV series :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It's a Japanese dungeon crawler. The first two were localized. You can get the first game on GOG and Steam.

Shit it's on sale right now on GOG for $14.99.

I never actually got around to playing either of the previous games, but they were supposed to be good, as I recall? I kinda like the slightly pervy dungeon crawler genre.
Yeah they're good. Well the first is at least. I haven't played the second but I hear it's good too PLUS it comes with a remastered version of the first game with added content. In fact the remaster of the first game is a sort of "soft reboot/sequel" of the original but I won't spoil it beyond that.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Banned
Mary Skelter Finale details Gretel, Hamelin, and Sukui

Three more characters introduced.

rywptqt.jpg

Compile Heart has update the official website for 3D dungeon RPG Mary Skelter Finale with details on characters Gretel, Hamelin, and Sukui.

Get the details below.

■ Characters
Gretel
(voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki) – Clara’s Group

WzI7wXp.jpg

A girl with the nature of a mad scientist, who is too honest to her own curiosity and somewhat lacking in morals.

Although she learned some morals by working alongside Jack and the others, her past behavior nevertheless tends to surface through uncontrollable urges.

She often teases Hamelin.

She was severely injured in the onslaught of the Execution Girls.

Hamelin (voiced by ???) – Clara’s Group

Cg7kL1c.jpg

A girl who calls herself “Demon King.”

She was living alone in the underground caverns surrounded by Marchen.

While her ability to fight matches her pompous attitude, she tends to slip on her words where important and make a fool of herself, so it is difficult to take her seriously.

She has grown since learning about friendship after meeting Jack and the others.

After everyone is scattered by the onslaught of the Execution Girls, she aims to break out of Jail with Clara and Gretel.

Sukui (voiced by ???) – Clara’s Group

sMEp1ce.jpg

A gentle woman who belongs to the Order of the Sun.

She joined the Order of the Sun in hopes of becoming a gentle and mentally strong woman like the Michiru she admires.

But deep down she knows it is impossible for her. For now, she just dreams of the sun and tries to live her life so that when it does come out, she will not have anything to be ashamed of.

■ Sound

Background Music Samples

Mary Skelter Finale is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on August 27 in Japan. Read more about the game here.

Source: Gematsu

Pejo

Gold Member
Wonder why they stopped porting to PC, did it just not sell enough? I have the first one but haven't played it yet.

Murr

Hope they will release a physical version on Switch.
Mary Skelter Nightmares is one of the weirdest dungeon crawlers imo. I saw it on GOG and then decided to get Mary Skelter 2 on Switch. It includes Nightmares btw. So on Switch you get both games in one package. It is only available in digital form though.

Nightmares is a strange game. The story is that your city was swallowed by some monster and so everyone now lives within this living prison. People eat the walls and stuff.
You play as Jack, the weakest character ever. From the beginning Jack constantly whines how useless he is and how Alice, the girl you travel with, has to fight and protect him. Sometimes it was a bit much for my taste and i usually don't mind those angsty teenager jrpg protagonists that much.
You meet a lot more girls during your travels, but you as Jack don't ever fight yourself. You just support the girls from the second row, though your presence is actually vitally important.
Another unusual thing is that the whole game is themed around blood. Since the girls fight the monsters in close combat, they get splashed with blood, which sends them into a rage they can't get out of. Here you come in. You get a gun that shoots your blood at the girls, which heals them of the corruption they accumulate during the melee. Yes, you spray your blood around via some kind of hose...

Of course the game is japanese, so it is not actually some kind of mean spirited feminist power fantasy. You actually can win the hearts of all the girls by giving them presents, similar to some dating sims. And you can give them additonal resistances by massaging you blood into their soft white skins before every mission. And yes, this feature uses the touchscreen of the switch :messenger_hushed:.
The whole atmosphere is really interesting and i don't think i have ever played a game with a similar setting. Haven't started Mary Skelter 2 yet, but i near the end of nightmares and it is actually quite difficult on hard mode. Without grinding you get destroyed quite often.

I enjoyed my time with it so far.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Banned
Mary Skelter Finale details Snow White, Kaguya, and Javabaok

First look at Zyu's group.

NJG0FSy.jpg

Compile Heart has update the official website for 3D dungeon RPG Mary Skelter Finale with details on characters Snow White, Kaguya, and Javabaok.

Get the details below.

■ Characters: Zyu’s Group
Snow White
(voiced by Marika Kouno)
R6iRmGF.png

The honest and kind middle child among three sisters.

She has grown intellectually since breaking out of the underground prison, but is still as scatterbrained as ever.

After everyone is scattered by the onslaught of the Execution Girls, she sets off with Kaguya and Zyu in search of her sisters and the others.

Kaguya (voiced by Hiromi Igarashi)

842RzDm.png

A girl who wears a kimono and has a calm aura. Still as much of a shut-in as ever, she hates physical activity.

However, due to the bonds she formed with her friends in breaking out of the underground prison, she has become kind enough to lend an ear to various things.

Thanks to that, combined with her naturally easygoing personality, she can see everything with clever eyes.

She continues to ride “Bamboo 1,” her special vehicle that floats via her Blood Ability.

After everyone is scattered by the onslaught of the Execution Girls, she links up with Zyu and Snow White.

Javabaok (voiced by Kanehira Yamamoto)

iO1jc9b.png

Mary Skelter Finale is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 8 in Japan. Read more about the game here, here, here, here, here, and here.

ShinNL

I'm still trying to find the earlier Mary Skelter physical Switch version that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (because they are pricey imports / limited) in Europe, so it's kind of difficult to become a fan if I have never played any of it... :messenger_frowning_

Edit:
Mary Skelter 2 (and 1) will have a re-run on Limited Run Games

The LRG (bleh, but better than nothing) is gonna re-run for Mary Skelter 2 :messenger_open_mouth:

I hate that service so much since it's impossible to keep track. I guess I have to check weekly now when that will be available.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I'm still trying to find the earlier Mary Skelter physical Switch version that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg (because they are pricey imports / limited) in Europe, so it's kind of difficult to become a fan if I have never played any of it... :messenger_frowning_
Idea Factory said they were going to have a reprint of the Switch version on their twitter...Said it was coming this summer, but still no idea when it's happening.

Banned
the first game was crap and made my head hurts

this will be exciting if you are a weeaboo though

easy skip

Shantae

Banned
ShinNL ShinNL I inquired on their twitter when we should expect sales for the reprint to happen, and Idea Factory did reply to me.

So don't give in to scalper prices.

ShinNL

Well this is awkward.
----
xslu19F.jpg

----
That's quite the deal, but if I'm planning to get physical there's no need to get this... 🤔 so 'cheap' though.... 🤔 🤔

Bullet Club

Banned
Mary Skelter Finale delayed to November 5 in Japan

No longer due out on October 8.

Compile Heart has delayed Mary Skelter Finale from its previously planned October 8 release date in Japan to November 5.

This is the second delay for the dungeon RPG sequel. Compile Heart cited “various reasons” for the delay, but did not specify.

Mary Skelter Finale will be available for PlayStation 4 and Switch. Read more about the game here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Darkmakaimura

Oh sheeeeeit I almost forgot but I hope this gets localized for Switch. Maybe Limited Runs.
Speaking of witch, they did have a Switch Limited Runs of Mary Skelter that included the first game.

By Holy Diver, I wish I could have caught that one mfw.

Shaqazooloo

Finished Mary Skelter 2 on Switch this past weekend. Pretty good game imo even though I was missing context from previous entries. Blood Skelter and the end boss were a bitch though, apparently on normal mode I was under leveled even though I got through the game without needing to grind.

Hopefully this comes west and hopefully I'll have Mary Skelter Nightmares done by then.

Top Bottom