• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Masato Kato uses Epoch to travel in time and reports that iPad destroyed Nintendo

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
GIFS!!!!!!!!!

141upzm.jpg

Yeah.....I'm not a big fan of you trying to completely derail my thread like this, but :lol :lol at that dude coming back and beating on that dog.

Mael

Aeana said:
The reason why CT is so different from the other games Kato has worked on is because Kato didn't do everything (or even most things) in CT. He was responsible for the 12,000 BC section and bits and pieces of the rest of the game. The main plot was created by Yuji Horii, and sub-scenarios were filled in by Kitase and Tokita. In my opinion, if you really want a successor to Chrono Trigger, you need look no further than Dragon Quest 7, where Horii expands on the time travel concepts he created for CT.

So you're saying the reason CC sucked so much compared to CT was that because Horii and co were busy making DQVII (which incidentally raped another Squaresoft release ...FFIX)?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mael said:
So you're saying the reason CC sucked so much compared to CT was that because Horii and co were busy making DQVII (which incidentally raped another Squaresoft release ...FFIX)?

Why would DQVII's release have anything to do with how FFIX turned out?

Mael

Regulus Tera said:
Why would DQVII's release have anything to do with how FFIX turned out?

I knew this was coming....
They released both at the same time with a price hike to boot,
results?
DQVII was deemed the better product by the japanese gaming population, essentially ripping it of its customers.
That made the headlines back in the day, you know with DQVII against FFIX. who will win?
And crap like that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mael said:
I knew this was coming....
They released both at the same time with a price hike to boot,
results?
DQVII was deemed the better product by the japanese gaming population, essentially ripping it of its customers.
That made the headlines back in the day, you know with DQVII against FFIX. who will win?
And crap like that.

Uh.

Kay.

I guess?

Mael

Regulus Tera said:
Uh.

Kay.

I guess?

Hey he was saying how DQVII was actually more of what we'd want n sequel of CT than CC ever was at least as far as competent staff is involved

KTallguy

Banned
I really dislike this (ongoing) trend of posting a bunch of random gifs in legitimate threads.
If the gif or picture has no relevance to the topic, it's annoying.

Obviously account suicides are free reign.

iPod and iPad will take market share away from Nintendo, this is a 100% fact.

KTallguy said:

In the same way that the PSP took market share from Nintendo, yes.

The effect will be negligible, because it's mostly a different audience, or people who have enough money to afford both.

Mael

KTallguy said:
I really dislike this (ongoing) trend of posting a bunch of random gifs in legitimate threads.
If the gif or picture has no relevance to the topic, it's annoying.

Obviously account suicides are free reign.

In the same way the iphone took shares from the DS....except that all it did was take shares from the psp, leaving the ds largely unphased....

I can see the headlines already:

"Apple to summon Lavos with their new Mammon iPad.

Destroys Nintendo, along with the future."

Top Bottom