• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 E3 Recap Thread

Lime

lolbiowareeaempn.png

ROBOTIC DOG

Bioware's DLC hell continues.

CrazyDude

Wiggum2007 said:
Blargh, more re-use of ME1 music in that gameplay playthrough. Was that Clint Mansell in the live action trailer?
It's just placeholder music, they have not revealed his music yet.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
subversus said:
Origin exclusive....

I HATE EA.
FUCK.

I guess we should expect this from here on out. EA will do everything they can, to take sales away from Steam.

It won't surprise me if they eventually pull all of their products from Steam.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
K.Jack said:
FUCK.

I guess we should expect this from here on out. EA will do everything they can, to take sales away from Steam.

It won't surprise me if they eventually pull all of their products from Steam.

it seems that it is the deluxe version only.

oh well

KarmaCow

Am I missing something or is EA really charging $20 more in Canada for no reason?

EDIT: derp is for the console version but it's on their origin client.

subversus

I just saw the demo and got hyped again. Combat looked very fun, voice acting was on the level of ME1-2.

gonna update OP.

squicken

Casey Hudson and the Bioware Drs are the worst interviews in gaming. All they do is stick to their script. Always on message. Whenever they talk it's always just below the surface the contempt they have for anyone who questions their wisdom in any way.

Kinect stuff looks dumb.

Seda

Origin exclusive DLC?

God damn it. It will (will!) come to xbox eventually but that is such crap.

(Without having to buy collector edition stuff)

mileS

The Soldier class always looks boring to me.. The biotic and tech powers help the game stand out from all the other shooters out there. I know people disagree, but some of the Vanguard combat from ME2 was the most fun I've had with a 3rd person shooter in a long time. Haters can hate, but if you played Vanguard with an open mind and a bit of strategy it was nothing but fun.

The new melee attack probably works great with the Vanguard charge. Can't wait.

LiK said:

I'm weak. Pre-ordered. I have the collector's editions of the other two, might as well finish it up and hope I get a fucking robot dog.

Fimbulvetr said:
Cutscene animation actually looks mostly good, also weeeeeeee Legion(not in the party though :I).

Is it confirmed he can't be in your party? I know he's doing something on the Normandy, but I'm still holding out hope he can join your party. He was one of my favorites in ME2 and I'm still a bit disappointed that you can't get him until close to the end.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
They really are pushing Origin aren't they? Since I doubt most other publishers would want their stuff on there I'm guessing it's between Steam, Windows Live and Origin now. Two of which I don't even want on my harddrive. And this topic is about Mass Effect. I love Mass Effect. I've put down more hours than I'd ever want to know on that game-series. I'll buy the third aswell and enjoy the hell out of it regardless of a shitty trailer.

scarybore

Not sure if it's been posted yet or if this is the right thread for it as there's so many at the moment, but the Mass Effect website got updated with an image of what is in the CE, including the robotic dog and 2 alternative costumes.

First image of the new squad member too I think.

Ponti

Mr_Zombie said:
So... that means that we still can't customize squadmate's armour and are only limited to few predefined costumes? :/
Gotta find some way to squeeze the cash out of you.

Wait, the robotic dog is a model? SWEET!
Wow, fears relieved. I'm so glad it's not an in-game pet.

I pray that the artbook isn't the same size as the one you got with ME2 preorder... So disappointing.

edit: Yeah, those alternate costumes look absolutely horrible.
edit2: soundtrack? preordered.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Typographenia said:
I pray that the artbook isn't the same size as the one you got with ME2 preorder... So disappointing.

I'm sure it is. Nobody ever puts out full-size artbooks anymore. Full size vinyl records, yes. Full-size artbooks, no. -_-

luxarific said:
I'm sure it is. Nobody ever puts out full-size artbooks anymore. Full size vinyl records, yes. Full-size artbooks, no. -_-
I can dream, can't I? : (
At least bioware re-released the artbook for 2 at a normal size, but no way I'm paying the asking price for it at this point.

Jerk

Banned
Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Is it confirmed he can't be in your party? I know he's doing something on the Normandy, but I'm still holding out hope he can join your party. He was one of my favorites in ME2 and I'm still a bit disappointed that you can't get him until close to the end.

I think Fimb let him die (he is a bastard like that).

deathberry

Neo Member
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but multiplayer details got leaked on MEGamers.

Additionally, our source also detailed some parts of the multiplayer campaign. Here’s what we’ve been told:

The game will feature a Horde style multiplayer mode with “crap loads” of maps.
It will also have the regular modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
The Horde mode will have objectives like Capture The Flag, King of the Hill, and simple shoot-to-kill ‘waves’ as well.
Up to four players can play cooperatively in the Horde mode.
Maps are “fairly small” but well designed.
Players can choose from 6 different classes, or use a prebuilt one’s. Our source didn’t confirm what those classes were, but we reckon all those from ME2 will be present.
There will be a level cap of 60.
Some of the enemies were confirmed as well: Geth, Marauders, Husks, and a new enemy type called Brutes. The source described them as insanely “huge ass”.
The game will also feature a ‘multiplayer store’. The store will carry upgrades for weapons, etc. and other items.
Players will be able to buy said upgrades and items by earning in-game money based on their performance in the multiplayer. Our source wasn’t sure if the in-game money can be earned via the single player campaign as well, “but I doubt it. Seems like the (singleplayer and multiplayer) modes will be separate.”

I wonder how classes will be balanced in competitive MP though. Like imagine using the "Soldier's" Adrenaline Rush slow-mo attack vs "Vanguard's" Charge and Pulls, etc.

Since the article says the MP is still in early phases, I wonder if Bioware started work on it just now (after game got delayed) or were they planning to release MP if the game had shipped this fall...

Concerning the plot point of Cerberus "working for" the Reapers, Casey Hudson had this to say on his twitter:

"Nah, not a spoiler, just simplification of premise for TV. Cerberus & Reapers are both against you in #ME3 - the mystery is why."

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/caseydhudson

subversus

ShipTheCheese said:
Concerning the plot point of Cerberus "working for" the Reapers, Casey Hudson had this to say on his twitter:

"Nah, not a spoiler, just simplification of premise for TV. Cerberus & Reapers are both against you in #ME3 - the mystery is why."

blah... The Illusive Man is indoctrinated.

deathberry said:
Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but multiplayer details got leaked on MEGamers.

I wonder how classes will be balanced in competitive MP though. Like imagine using the "Soldier's" Adrenaline Rush slow-mo attack vs "Vanguard's" Charge and Pulls, etc.

Since the article says the MP is still in early phases, I wonder if Bioware started work on it just now (after game got delayed) or were they planning to release MP if the game had shipped this fall...
BioWare confirmed there was no MP in ME3, so unless they're coming back on their word, "MEGamers" needs to check their sources before posting.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
ShipTheCheese said:

Mystery? If people didn't see this coming the first time you saw the Illusive Man then they must be clinically brain dead. They pretty much beat you over the head with close-ups of his Geth eyes. BioWare don't know how to tell a story anymore, I expect many more retcons and cop-outs like the 'let's all leave the ship' bullshit as they try to tie up this turd sandwich of a story.

Anyway, Ashley doesn't look as different as I thought. It's still an embarrassing decision to change her design in this way but all she got was lip fillers and a bit of make-up. That original magazine scan made it look like her face had changed completely.

I would really like to know if we get xp from killing enemies etc this time, because the Mission Complete B/S in ME2 was totally out of place.

Secondly an inventory with armour, weapons etc with different stats is a must for a proper RPG, oh and you know, LOOT to go along with it.

Finally more in depth levelling trees. Take a look at the first Mass Effect trees then the ME2 ones and the difference is huge. You go from like 10-15 trees to 4 or 5. Not cool.

Basically until they fix this (loot especially) the game isn't really an RPG.

Wiggum2007

ShipTheCheese said:

In one of the gameplay videos you can hear Shepard say that they're indoctrinated. Mystery solved.

Shoot, I still haven't completed doing everything in Mass Effect 1. ME2 is in plastic collecting dust and now we have ME3 :( sniff

Top Bottom