• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Extended CG Launch Trailer - Take Back Earth [Up: Trailer Released]

inky

Are we really going to make fun of the game for using the same format as the actual Walking Dead trailer?

Are we really going to get defensive over such an inoffensive comment? ... Note: He's not even "making fun of the game".

Hyped, even though it's CG. The ME2 CG trailer was awesome too.

It was the best for sure. The slow walk towards the collector's ship at the end is awesome. Too bad it had to be Grunt instead of Wrex.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Random trivial; the Walking Dead x Mass Effect 3 art was done by Patryk Garrett, the guy who did all that sweet ME2 fan art.

Dany

Banned
I'm more excited for the trailer than watching the episode and I consider myself a fan of the show, most of GAF seems to shit on in its OP thread.

Any idea how long until its posted online?

Also, Mr. Garret made some awesome art for ME, glad to see Bioware picking him off is paying of dividends.

i7IMM599V6DsL.jpg

I'll be skipping the trailer since I'm on a blackout but I thought some people would be interested and I thought the teaser image was cool. It's going to be a CG trailer.

Teaser Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esung4vdTCI

Don't know why I've never noticed this before, Shepard is fighting a bunch of giant squids.

Foxix Von

Well, that's how Rick runs in the poster. So. I guess if you really want something to complain about.

If Rick is the guy in the original poster, you need to look at both of them again.

Bingo, Rick at least has a line of action running through his body. Shepard's pose is not only EXTREMELY stiff it's also incredibly off balance.

Basically, god awful posing as Shepard will be falling over on his left side very shortly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A lot of guys taking the poster a little seriously, it's just supposed to be a homage to this
GOGDF.jpg

That is a pretty awesome homage. I quite like it, now that I know the context.

derFeef

Bingo, Rick at least has a line of action running through his body. Shepard's pose is not only EXTREMELY stiff it's also incredibly off balance.

Basically, god awful posing as Shepard will be falling over on his left side very shortly.

Jesus christ, it is a poster for a trailer, maybe we should stop overanalyzing and overcritisizing things a little bit. It's getting ridiculous.

Some of you guys need to take a fucking chill pill and calm down when someone makes a joke about a goofy promo image.

You'd think your parents were being insulted from the defensiveness here.

rozay

Banned
Well, that's how Rick runs in the poster. So. I guess if you really want something to complain about.

Ease up a little.

If you want to treat it as more than just a joke, im aware of how the original poster looks and the guy's upper body matches the legs. Not the case with shep.

Also, I can't take that guy's artwork seriously after his femshep art :(

Don't even get me started on the juxtaposition of the Reaper with the country shack. Completely unbelievable.

Get the fuck over it.

Foxix Von

Jesus christ, it is a poster for a trailer, maybe we should stop overanalyzing and overcritisizing things a little bit. It's getting ridiculous.

Don't even get me started on the juxtaposition of the Reaper with the country shack. Completely unbelievable.

Get the fuck over it.

Haha, my post was mainly made to agree with udivision that the two poses are in fact different. That that is indeed not the manner in which Rick runs in the original poster. I don't particularly care about this at all, just chiming in really.

Although it does slightly irk me to see poor work like that come from someone doing something "professionally." I'd also call it a far cry from over analysis as well as these are relatively basic issues that someone should really have a better grasp of in his/her work. ESPECIALLY considering that the artist had a very clear reference to work from. :D

Tellaerin

Haha, my post was mainly made to agree with udivision that the two poses are in fact different. That that is indeed not the manner in which Rick runs in the original poster. I don't particularly care about this at all, just chiming in really.

Although it does slightly irk me to see poor work like that come from someone doing something "professionally." I'd also call it a far cry from over analysis as well as these are relatively basic issues that someone should really have a better grasp of in his/her work. ESPECIALLY considering that the artist had a very clear reference to work from. :D

I think the crits are valid from a technical perspective. On the other hand, they seem a little out of place here. They're more the sort of thing I'd expect to find in an artist C&C thread. 'Poor work' is definitely a relative term - most people aren't going to look at this and think, 'Somebody actually got paid for that?', which is the response I tend to associate with subpar commercial art. So yeah, it kind of comes off as a little nitpicky.

Are you fucking serious?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's posted now. I don't watch bad shows.

Random trivial; the Walking Dead x Mass Effect 3 art was done by Patryk Garrett, the guy who did all that sweet ME2 fan art.

Mmm, better than the rest of the official work he has done (and even with that the walking movement of Shepard is not perfect).
I think he was too hyped with the not official art he did befor Bioware got him, he had some flaws and it showed in the official ones (there was one for a magazine, and the female shepard one that are horrible).
Dont take me wrong, some of his work is pretty amazing, but I remember people treating him like he was a drawing god or something.

Grisby

Just saw it on WD. Kid's a bit creepy but it was a nice CG trailer. Ashley looks huge in her armor though geez.

Patryn

Bleh.

Now look Bioware: I am looking forward to Mass Effect 3.

But I could give a shit about Earth. Seriously, I would let Earth burn if it saved the rest of the galaxy.

See, it's the galaxy I care about, not a single planet.

So a trailer like this, that so blatantly is designed to tug on my heartstrings by showing Earth in danger, does jack for me.

That is all.

Hopefully all this is like "Fight for the Lost!" which basically amounted to nothing in the actual game.

I wonder.....if I buy ME3 at my local Gameslop store, can I hope that in the near future it'll get Steamworks integrated into it at some date via a patch? I won't buy the game via Origin. I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty spoon before going that route again.

Bleh.

Now look Bioware: I am looking forward to Mass Effect 3.

But I could give a shit about Earth. Seriously, I would let Earth burn if it saved the rest of the galaxy.

See, it's the galaxy I care about, not a single planet.

So a trailer like this, that so blatantly is designed to tug on my heartstrings by showing Earth in danger, does jack for me.

That is all.

Hopefully all this is like "Fight for the Lost!" which basically amounted to nothing in the actual game.

Over on the BSN, they have a bunch of users that are die-hard pro-human. As in, they believe that humans would be better than everyone else, including digital aliens. It's like people that get angry at the Cylons in BSG because "God did not create them".

Kid's a bit creepy but it was a nice CG trailer. Ashley looks huge in her armor though geez.

Yeah, the little kid was creepier than the husks. And Ash....well...yeah...

Wait, wait, wait. Was that it?

If thats not just the TV spot version of a larger trailer, thats a pretty poorly put together trailer.

I just don't get why these companies waste money on these CG trailers instead of using footage from the actual game. With something like ME, the graphics and game look good enough. Hell, the ME2 launch trailer with the in game footage is what caused me to go buy the game at launch after being on the fence. But stuff like this? I don't get it.

mjc

Yeah, the little kid was creepier than the husks. And Ash....well...yeah...

If thats not just the TV spot version of a larger trailer, thats a pretty poorly put together trailer.

I just don't get why these companies waste money on these CG trailers instead of using footage from the actual game. With something like ME, the graphics and game look good enough. Hell, the ME2 launch trailer with the in game footage is what caused me to go buy the game at launch after being on the fence. But stuff like this? I don't get it.

Halo's CG trailers were/are top shelf.

rozay

Banned
I recall the actual ME2 cinematic trailer being kinda long (3 minutes?) so if the ME3 one is a similar length, I guess I can see why it was cut down. Still sucks unless Bioware's going to post the full one today online.

Patryn

I wonder.....if I buy ME3 at my local Gameslop store, can I hope that in the near future it'll get Steamworks integrated into it at some date via a patch? I won't buy the game via Origin. I'd rather cut my balls off with a rusty spoon before going that route again.

Never, ever going to happen.

It's not like ME3 is a EA Partners game. It's a core EA game. At this point, I'd almost be shocked if it appeared on Steam at all, much less had Steamworks.

GSR

Never, ever going to happen.

It's not like ME3 is a EA Partners game. It's a core EA game. At this point, I'd almost be shocked if it appeared on Steam at all, much less had Steamworks.

It's absolutely not going to Steam. Maybe, maybe a while after launch, perhaps as a GOTY edition that already has all the DLC, but EA knows this is an excellent opportunity to increase Origin's userbase - hence why every copy, retail or digital, requires Origin.

Re: the trailer: no surprises since they showed it off to the press a while ago, but it's a little disheartening to see this direction in ME3's marketing pushed so heavily. ME2's marketing, issues with spoilers aside, at least was fairly representative of the series' scope and setting. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are people going into ME3 thinking the majority of the game takes place on Earth.

Top Bottom