• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has the disc been datamined to find evidence of those classes?

If there's a stealth introduction of those classes, so help me god...

I wanna play as the Geth so bad as well :( Legion <3333

ugh.. every time i try to buy one of the special packs(with credited i earned in game) i always get a error saying i should contact customer support. :-( i end up losing my 99,000 credits too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ugh.. every time i try to buy one of the special packs i always get a error saying i should contact customer support. :-(

You still get the content when you restart the game, but it still suck having to search all your stuff trying to find what's new. I got my Asari Adept that way. Ha.

If i need to buy a spectre or premium spectre pack, i just restart the game to be sure...at least this bug never happen when the game has been recently launched...

An-Det

3/3 with the Premium Spectre packs. First two unlocked Salarian Infiltrator and Krogan Sentinel, tonight's got me the Asari Adept. Still the other two rare ones to unlock, but making good headway so far.

You still get the content when you restart the game, but it still suck having to search all your stuff trying to find what's new.

If i need to buy a spectre or premium spectre pack, i just restart the game to be sure...at least this bug never happen when the game has been recently launched...

ok, I just check and all it said i got new was a shotgun. No character or equipment stuff :-( You're suppose to get like 4 or 5 items right?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ok, I just check and all it said i got new was a shotgun. No character or equipment stuff :-( You're suppose to get like 4 or 5 items right?

You only get 2 or 3 rares(guns, characters, +1 item use, +1 reset powers), +5 medigels/missiles/whatever and a weapon mod and special armor/weapon bonus.

eek5

Someone said the guy who leaked that multiplayer DLC is the same guy who often finds out Steam releases before they're announced based on server entries, but I'm pretty sure it's fake. If real I don't see why we wouldn't have screenshots leaked.

I'd love it to be real though. No playable Geth was disappointing, and Batarians would be really neat too.

Yeah. The guy has capture equipment, evidenced by the 360 screenshot. He brags about the pack unlocking everything but we never see screen/vid of characters in action? Okay..

X-Frame

Those of you who have unlocked the Talon, what are your thoughts?

I just unlocked it and took in into a Bronze match to get a feel for it and it seemed pretty lackluster. Still don't see why I would take anything but the Carnifex when I need a pistol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Those of you who have unlocked the Talon, what are your thoughts?

I just unlocked it and took in into a Bronze match to get a feel for it and it seemed pretty lackluster. Still don't see why I would take anything but the Carnifex when I need a pistol.

Its a handheld eviscerator with a somewhat tighter choke. Close range headshot machine. If you rock an asari vanguard, or an adept with Stasis and the weight reduction for pistols, its a must have. Not sure if the DPS is up there with the Carnifex or not, but I won't play Vanguard without it.

Firebrand

Hum. Two characters just got reset. Still unlocked and seem to have all appearance options and points, so hey, free respecs.

Also got the Geth Plasma Shotgun finally, liked it a lot in SP but here I had some issues with it going right through targets at close range. Will have to play around with it some more.

Omega

Banned
How should I level up my Asari Adept for Gold?

I'm thinking I should just make it a glass cannon with no points into Fitness, but I feel that might also be too risky.

KuroNeeko

Picked up the Carnifax I today in my rare Specter pack, but am pretty disappointed in its slower-than-mole asses rate-of-fire (human adept.) Will probably stick with my Predator III. Any other noteworthy heavy pistols out there?

exYle

Picked up the Carnifax I today in my rare Specter pack, but am pretty disappointed in its slower-than-mole asses rate-of-fire (human adept.) Will probably stick with my Predator III. Any other noteworthy heavy pistols out there?

I...
I don't even know what to say. Predator over Carnifex?
Good lord

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I.. What?

Damage from less, timed shots with a Carnifex >>>>>>>> Predator spam.

Best gun in the game IMO.

KuroNeeko

I...
I don't even know what to say. Predator over Carnifex?
Good lord

I.. What?

Damage from less, timed shots with a Carnifex >>>>>>>> Predator spam.

Best gun in the game IMO.

Don't get me wrong, each shot with Carnie does more damage than my Predator, but the RoF is so slow, that I can only get off about a shot before my biotic powers recharge. It's easier for me at Bronze / Silver to just spam headshots &#8594; warp or singularity &#8594; then spam more headshots while I wait for cooldowns.

I'll probably try using it again, this time without the scope. The damage is awesome - just the rate is so slow.

Maybe I just need a higher model?

DY_nasty

Don't get me wrong, each shot with Carnie does more damage than my Predator, but the RoF is so slow, that I can only get off about a shot before my biotic powers recharge. It's easier for me at Bronze / Silver to just spam headshots &#8594; warp or singularity &#8594; then spam more headshots while I wait for cooldowns.

I'll probably try using it again, this time without the scope. The damage is awesome - just the rate is so slow.

You don't need a scope or a higher model. Headshots with the Carnifex are quick business. It should rarely take more than 3 shots to kill something short of a brute with the carnifex on bronze/silver.

Predator is a worthless gun... I'd rather roll with an SMG or AR than use that.

exYle

No, the higher model will still have the same ROF, and if that is your problem with the Carnifex, then I'm afraid no amount of cajoling from us will convince you otherwise. The Carnifex's beauty is in it's power - by the time you can land three or even less Carnifex shots, you can probably empty a Predator clip, and still do more damage with the Carnifex.

I like doing this with all heavy pistols, but extra thermal clip and high-powered barrel make the Carnifex what it is for me.

Squall516

I just unlocked the Saber and all i have to say is WOW! I mean i was just on bronze trying it out but i freaking onwed the shit out of the geth lol. I probably could have solo'd it haha. And on a side note anyone have any really good quarian engineer builds?

DY_nasty

No, the higher model will still have the same ROF, and if that is your problem with the Carnifex, then I'm afraid no amount of cajoling from us will convince you otherwise. The Carnifex's beauty is in it's power - by the time you can land three or even less Carnifex shots, you can probably empty a Predator clip, and still do more damage with the Carnifex.

I like doing this with all heavy pistols, but extra thermal clip and high-powered barrel make the Carnifex what it is for me.
I'd place the Carnifex slightly behind the Talon, but only because of personal preference.

The Predator is a pea shooter. You get off a bunch of shots, yeah, but in 2 shots the Carnifex puts in almost the same amount of work.

exYle

I'd place the Carnifex slightly behind the Talon, but only because of personal preference.

The Predator is a pea shooter. You get off a bunch of shots, yeah, but in 2 shots the Carnifex puts in almost the same amount of work.

The Talon seems really situational with me... unless you're a Vanguard, of course.

DY_nasty

The Talon seems really situational with me... unless you're a Vanguard, of course.
If you use stasis or ever melee/charge enough to find yourself consistent close to an enemy... Talon

to the face for massive damage every time

and you can slap the pistol melee charger thing on it and go ham

Squall516

ignore fitness all together? I thought always putting points into that for the health and shields were good? I mean i keep reading about how everyone says cryo sucks compared to incinerate. So which one is better

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ignore fitness all together? I thought always putting points into that for the health and shields were good? I mean i keep reading about how everyone says cryo sucks compared to incinerate. So which one is better
The problem is that on Gold, extra health and shields don't really matter since many attacks are a percentage of health rather than a set number of points.
Like, a rocket to the face will lower your shields regardless of the actual amount of shields you have.

Ties

Banned
What kind of build do you guys use for your Quarian Engineer? I've maxed everything out but Fitness and I haven't had much success at all. I'm always last place in points, and I can't seem to get a single kill.

Cheech

a Quarian engineer just sucks.

Seconded. You're better off just going with the human engineer. :(

Won my first Gold match last night. I was a Salarian eng, playing with three(!) infiltrators. Geth, Firebase White. I wouldn't call it "easy", but let's just say I've had dicier Bronze matches. Didn't use a single consumable, though one guy said "F" it at one point for the sake of expediency and rocketed 3 Geth Primes and a bunch of other crap that was clustered around my Decoy.

It's not horrible, but it's a pain in the ass to play. More work than I'm willing to put in. :D

I find that running around with a rifle and keeping cooldown to about +100% or so is best, you have to play as a support class more then front line, extended mags and piercing mod, AoE ice and fire combos all day long, the turret is great for throwing behind enemy lines and in some cases will aggro a banshee or brute out of harms way.

Firebrand

Quarian Engineer is lots of fun. I just wish it was easier to trigger explosions on your own. I tried the perk for 100% dmg against chilled/frozen targets to see if that'd help, but even on Assault Troopers I need to get a pistol shot or two in before I can kill them off with an Incinerate. Usually, before I've done all that a teammate has already killed them.

Quarian Engineer is lots of fun. I just wish it was easier to trigger explosions on your own. I tried the perk for 100% dmg against chilled/frozen targets to see if that'd help, but even on Assault Troopers I need to get a pistol shot or two in before I can kill them off with an Incinerate. Usually, before I've done all that a teammate has already killed them.

the ice combo is best used on the geth flame guys and on heavy targets with armour, when you think about it the engineer can drop armour defences by 25%, deal 100% damage from their fire and any bonus you pick for your 5th ice skill which is an extra 10%.

They will never match the damage of a drell or infiltraitor, no one ever will :p but when you have your ice with 2m radius you can freeze a pack of enemies spawning and nuke them for some good damage.

keit4

Banned
I just opened my first premium spectre pack, i get my first N7 weapon: Black Widow :( I only want a Carni, a Paladin, an asari adept or a salarian infiltrator....

X-Frame

Does anyone think Krogans need a reason to be effective on Gold?

I know they're not the Hulk, but maybe "true" health regeneration that accelerates as he takes more damage so hell scale for highly difficulties. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. As of now there's little room for a melee-heavy tank on Gold.

Inversive

I just opened my first premium spectre pack, i get my first N7 weapon: Black Widow :( I only want a Carni, a Paladin, an asari adept or a salarian infiltrator....
Curse you! I want a Black widow but i've had shitty luck with those packs. I'll take satisfaction that i have a Salarian infiltrator, asari adept, and a carnifex VII though :p

Woo-Fu

Banned

RoF doesn't matter when you kill the target with the first shot. You need to aim for the head if you want to appreciate the Carnifex.

It isn't a heavy pistol, it is a very, very short sniper rifle.

On a side note I just did the firebase white, geth, gold thing for the first time. I was the salarian engineer on the team, it was way too easy, they need to nerf it somehow. It is even easier than the pre-nerf/buff quar inf sabotage geth gold method.

Top Bottom