• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
Why is it that the Falcon is such a beast in SP, yet sucks in MP?
The fire rate and damage were nerfed in MP, and if you're not host or you don't have a good connection to the host the gun will shoot blanks because bioware has no idea how to code non-bullet projectiles.

Mindlog

Just finished two Reaper Gold matches. It seems like hardly any biotics are still playing, but I managed to find a good team.

Best extraction ever on Reaper/Gold/Dagger. We're moving as a group and slowly retreating from the tower to the LZ. We fail to notice a spawn approaching the LZ from behind. All hell breaks loose. With 15 seconds left we all dash past Banshees to get into extraction range. I die and get back up with 3 seconds left. Another player is being hugged by a Banshee, but the timer expires just before it kills them. Full Extract.

I hope to get a few more maps in on Sunday. I forgot how much fun Reaper Gold is.

Just had a Reaper Gold match on Giant. Ended up with a lone survivor (which wasn't me)

Justicar + Asari Adept = BFF. Banshees were getting murked left and right. They weren't looking like much of a threat until wave 11 when I got fucked over by the everything button. Tried to sprint but it wouldn't start up, so I did it again and I dashed. Then I held it down and I sprinted straight into cover. Got out of cover then I got vacuumed by a Banshee. Bullshit Mr Han man!

Game isn't so bad when I'm not loot chasing. I'm gonna stick to Veteran's to get my Mattock up to X then I'll buy them Jumbo's with whatever I get.

Gold is where it's at

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Opened my two free commendation packs... got two Valiants.. not too bad.

angry-dark-stare-lodb6x.png

Been trying for a week straight and have not won a single Silver match. What am I doing wrong? The closest I've come was against the Geth on Wave 9 and at the end of the match, my teammates had 6K and 10K points.

Dreamer RD

Haha, damn, I currently have White Gold Geth match with 2 fucking campers and 1 retarded sal engineer. At wave 9 I gave up on carrying them and just hid behind cover at the landing zone. Somehow they managed to clear 10 wave with rockets and all died. Now I am sitting behind cover with 1 Geth Prime left and he simply standing and shooting. Lol they still havent left, I added them to block list in case of hating messages XD
About 10 minutes already. I wont give them my money >:D

Got a full extraction on Dagger against Reapers. So much easier than Giant.

Helped that we didn't get any hacking objectives

Hacking that undercover area near the extraction zone on Giant is a god damn death trap.

X-Frame

Reapers are easy if there's at least 2 adepts. When I am looking to fight them I always bring an adept and don't really understand why people use anything else.

4 Adept's would smoke the Reapers.

Does anyone know if the team fails the round, do the banshees killed count toward the total kills for banshees or do you have to make it to extraction for the kills to count?

Haha, damn, I currently have White Gold Geth match with 2 fucking campers and 1 retarded sal engineer. At wave 9 I gave up on carrying them and just hid behind cover at the landing zone. Somehow they managed to clear 10 wave with rockets and all died. Now I am sitting behind cover with 1 Geth Prime left and he simply standing and shooting. Lol they still havent left, I added them to block list in case of hating messages XD
About 10 minutes already. I wont give them my money >:D

oh come on man, theyve learned their lesson. finish the wave.

or maybe not lol, some of the players are indeed massive idiots. let them suffer for another 10 mins, but then finish it.

Dreamer RD

oh come on man, theyve learned their lesson. finish the wave.

or maybe not lol, some of the players are indeed massive idiots. let them suffer for another 10 mins, but then finish it.

Of55y.jpg

I left outside for shopping and when returned, that 1 dude was still in the game. Holy shit what a stubborn idiot. Anyway Im surprised that Geth Prime could not touch me at all for all this time. I left my char behind the cover at the landing zone (the one that behind that airctaft)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Of55y.jpg

I left outside for shopping and when returned, that 1 dude was still in the game. Holy shit what a stubborn idiot. Anyway Im surprised that Geth Prime could not touch me at all for all this time. I left my char behind the cover at the landing zone (the one that behind that airctaft)

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Dave_6

I finally got an Asari Adept out of a Spectre pack. Can someone recommend the killer build for it? I imagine that I need to max Stasis, Warp and Throw?

rozay

Banned
I finally got an Asari Adept out of a Spectre pack. Can someone recommend the killer build for it? I imagine that I need to max Stasis, Warp and Throw?
I went with 0 points in fitness until I had a high enough carnifex level that my cooldown bonus was 200%. Get the damage taken, bonus power and bubble evolutions for stasis, explosion weaken and pierce evolutions for warp (explosion bonus for warp only applies if you're detonating a singularity, stasis or reave) and I usually go with area, explosion and force for throw, though area isnt necessary it just helps for detonating sometimes.

0 fitness might seem like a bad idea for silver and gold but it's a good way to learn when to stick to cover and how to abuse shield-gating.

Edgeward

I'm finding that the only time I want to play now is when there is a challenge and once that is done, I stop. Be nice if the xp given in bronze and silver were bigger so I can fast track the other classes, because they aren't maxed yet and I am finding it hard to and just sticking with my engi class.

Dreamer RD

209 minutes hahahahaha

That guy must have really wanted those credits

Yeah. His performance was the worst I have ever seen. Died like 20 times, never used Decoy and overall acted like imbecile. Probably he only played Bronze games and never got past wave 1 on Gold so that game was like a miracle for him and he stayed to see the amount of money given for gold. Poor soul.

Got a Full Extraction doing Geth farming. It was my first time so I wasn't always sure where to put my Decoy. Wave 3 was a hacking objective (good thing it was the LZ) and Wave 10 was a beacon one where the last beacon was in the room we were camping (we all ran for the beacons). 27 minutes of hearing the Reave bug.

Yeah. His performance was the worst I have ever seen. Died like 20 times, never used Decoy and overall acted like imbecile. Probably he only played Bronze games and never got past wave 1 on Gold so that game was like a miracle for him and he stayed to see the amount of money given for gold. Poor soul.

He could have made more than double the money if he played bronze for 3 God forsaken hours.

I got a week of the game.

Did anyone got stupid in the mean time or did I just forgot how bad random player can be ?

I'm having entire teams of insanely stupid players all around this week end... (PS3, silver & gold)

sophora

Was doing a Reaper Silver Dagger earlier, on the extraction wave. It was about 15 seconds before extraction before a Banshee came from the side hallway near the back, where the ammo packs are. She grabbed me and in mid animation one of my teammates pulled a missile out in time to kill her and we got a full extraction. That banshee's hand was practically touching my chest for the instakill before my teammate intervened
KuGsj.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I want an upgraded Scorpion so bad... the shitty ammo capacity makes it almost unusable on Gold. I love the fire and forget aspect of it though.

DY_nasty

What class\race you using it with?

Only engineers, but mainly the Geth Engineer.

Elemental ammo mods (cryo, incen) are just filthy with it. Setting off explosions is too easy. Also, the splash from the explosion hits a lot harder than you'd expect. Its great because you can unload 4-5 shots, then dip behind cover or cast and your damage output never takes a drop. The late detonations mean you can lace a choke point with ease. It also works over Phantoms great because once the explosions start to rattle off, they get stunlocked.

Kenaras

Only engineers, but mainly the Geth Engineer.

Elemental ammo mods (cryo, incen) are just filthy with it. Setting off explosions is too easy. Also, the splash from the explosion hits a lot harder than you'd expect. Its great because you can unload 4-5 shots, then dip behind cover or cast and your damage output never takes a drop. The late detonations mean you can lace a choke point with ease. It also works over Phantoms great because once the explosions start to rattle off, they get stunlocked.

I mainly use it with Disruptor Ammo on my Salarian Engineer; such an underrated weapon. The ammo capacity is a huge problem, though. You basically have to spend each round camping on top of an ammo crate.

DY_nasty

I mainly use it with Disruptor Ammo on my Salarian Engineer; such an underrated weapon. The ammo capacity is a huge problem, though. You basically have to spend each round camping on top of an ammo crate.

It makes the Claymore and Hurricane look great in comparison.

Is there any hidden bonus to Armor Piercing or Warp Ammo with it?

Dreamer RD

Tried Scorpion IV with Geth Melee beast and its awesome. Countless stagger animations and poor Geth Primes going down in a couple of sec.
Very underrated gun.

Mindlog

Going back to old classes for this event has been made everything that much more fun.

I joined a Reaper White Gold game and saw two Asari Adepts so I got my Drell out. I double checked the loadout screen and both Asari were Justicars. Drell would be pretty useless so I switched to Human Sentinel. We went in with two Justicars, my Sentinel and I guess a Turian Sentinel was there.

We blew up everything.

Every other Gold Reaper game seems to be full of Geth. In those games I break out the old Human Claymore Infiltrator. I still do well :smug. The last map I played was random(Reactor) Reaper on Gold. We stomped it pretty hard. Then we got a capture objective on Wave 10. I was dreading it, but started using missiles on every pair of Banshees that got close. After I was done the others did the same! I've never experienced an easier Wave 10 capture on any map. Thank you Jumbo Equipment Packs.

A couple of things I've picked up:
Shockwave doesn't suck nearly as much as I thought it did. Reave, Shockwave and aggressive play are a phenomenal combination. It's like having a Vanguard that won't glitch out.
Condor is one of my favorite maps.
As a biotic teammate Asari Adepts are crappy Human Sentinels. Tech Armor is more useful than Stasis.

USIGSJ

Just finished successfully Reaper gold and the good part is it was on Glacier. Since I lost all my med packs in round 6, it was pretty intense to survive later but somehow we managed to pull it through.

X-Frame

YES GOT THE GETH INFILTRATOR :D

Anyone got good builds for it. Really want to use it asap

This is the one I've been using and love it:

GI Geth - Geth Infiltrator Shotgun Build (BSN Guide)

I use the Pure Glass Cannon build. And yes I play Any Map/Enemy on Gold. It's difficult at first but the sheer amount of damage that build can deal plus the fact that no enemy should be able to sneak up on him with Hunter Mode on makes it viable.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
YES GOT THE GETH INFILTRATOR :D

Anyone got good builds for it. Really want to use it asap

I go with 66653 with a Claymore. I pretty much get first place in points at least 90% of the time. It's my favourite build in this game.

This is the one I've been using and love it:

GI Geth - Geth Infiltrator Shotgun Build (BSN Guide)

I use the Pure Glass Cannon build. And yes I play Any Map/Enemy on Gold. It's difficult at first but the sheer amount of damage that build can deal plus the fact that no enemy should be able to sneak up on him with Hunter Mode on makes it viable.

Yeah Glass Cannon build basically, but I like to put a bit into fitness, I find it makes a difference sometimes on Gold. Also, I really prefer the Claymore to the GPS due to lack of travel time.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
what are the branch evolutions you choose for the build divvy?

Pretty much the same one as in the guide that X-Frame posted:

Tactical Cloak: 4, Damage; 5, Recharge Speed; 6, Bonus Power
Proximity Mine: 4, Damage or Radius (personal preference); 5, Damage Taken; 6, Damage
Hunter Mode: 4, Power Recharge; 5, Power Damage; 6, Speed & Vision or Damage (again, debatable)
Networked AI: 4, Weapon Damage; 5, Power Damage & Force; 6, Weapon Damage
Advanced Hardware: 0

Though I took off the last upgrade from networked AI and put it in Advanced hardware.

I also use the smart choke and high calibre barrel mods. It gives the Claymore amazing accuracy and damage even at long distances.

It's an amazing build if you can play it well. When I promoted my infiltrator last week after trying out the melee build, I got first place in points on bronze by a huge margin against a trio of level 17-20 players.

Melchiah

And he couldn't have done the same, and leave the game on while doing something else?

Top Bottom