• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cat Party

A Vanguard without charge would be weird, like an infiltrator without cloak or a sentinel without armor. Whatever the phoenix vanguard has, I just hope it has potential for solid combos.

You know what is missing from the fix list? The Krogan Vanguard's rage tree (assuming this actually is glitched as people report).

rozay

Banned
A Vanguard without charge would be weird, like an infiltrator without cloak or a sentinel without armor. Whatever the phoenix vanguard has, I just hope it has potential for solid combos.

You know what is missing from the fix list? The Krogan Vanguard's rage tree (assuming this actually is glitched as people report).
Its easy to test, all krogan have the same base melee damage but the soldier and sentinel do more damage when in rage mode and the vanguard does the same amount as he normally does. The damage reduction doesn't work either.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Saw the update list through Twitter - very nice that they got just about almost everything in that patch.

And I didn't know the DLC was coming tomorrow already - gotta work on that replacement 360 drive or whole new console faster then.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Claymore maybe ? Geth Infiltrator is to be played with a Claymore or GPS. I tend to go for the GPS as I'm a huge fan of the Turian military doctrine : you can't have a gun too big.

I prefer the Claymore myself, no need for a stupid charge, and the bullets instantly reach their target. :p

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
They both have their upsides. I prefer Claymore too due to instant travel time and lack of charging, but I have seen GPS infiltrators play amazing as well. Probably just a personal preference thing.

Anyways, got 1 million rupees prepared for tomorrow!

They both have their upsides. I prefer Claymore too due to instant travel time and lack of charging, but I have seen GPS infiltrators play amazing as well. Probably just a personal preference thing.

Anyways, got 1 million rupees prepared for tomorrow!

I like GPS with hunter vision : it's firing really fast and it's melting corridors like the infamous AA12 scene in the Expendables.

Also have 1 millions ready. I could work and get 2 millions ready. Or should I work for finals ? Hum... Hard to choose

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
try geth infiltrator with valiant and hurricane... so sick lol.

Never considered this.

But I'd really have to look at the spreadsheet thing again to see if its worth it. The base damage per bullet may not be worth it... still, the Hurricane in itself is a beast.

Stantron

I have a hurricane III. What's a good class to build around it, also which mods? My fav class is geth inf, but I rock the valiant with that, and only use the hurricane for backup when I run out of ammo. Damage per second is so good I have a hard time choosing other builds.

DY_nasty

I have a hurricane III. What's a good class to build around it, also which mods? My fav class is geth inf, but I rock the valiant with that, and only use the hurricane for backup when I run out of ammo. Damage per second is so good I have a hard time choosing other builds.

I don't know how the damage increase works with the cloak, so I can't speak for that. I will say that the Hurricane doesn't need much.

My favorite class to use with it is an offensive Justicar. If you're comfortable with fighting up close (and setting up bubbles in the thick of things), then you'll see how fast a Hurricane will melt Gold Primes.

You can't treat it like a shotgun or sniper rifle. SMGs and ARs need to be handled differently and most people simply don't want to acknowledge that or make the adjustment. You're going to need to stick your neck out to do damage at some point. Fortunately Reave is the perfect solution to that problem.

The offensive Justicar build has a lot of flexibility but the thing you must remember is that you NEED to go full 6 in Reave and Bubble. Full offense (and radius) for the Bubble and Area of Effect, damage reduction, damage (not the damage vs. shields/barriers) for Reave. You can't miss with Reave, making mop up a cake walk for any other biotics on your team because of the AOE hitting multiple targets. Also, that damage reduction is what's keeping you alive when you decide to stick your neck out.

Enemies decide to not be dumb regarding the Bubble though. They really think twice about it and will avoid it if all possible so you can either make sure to take advantage of choke points and drop Bubble ahead of time OR you can be a hotblooded man of passion and run up to the mob you just Reave'd and drop it, setting off fireworks and softening your main target for your Hurricane to finish it in one clip.

For the Hurricane specifically, I don't think you need the damage/extended barrel. I just op for the extended clip and heat sink. The stability isn't as hard to deal with as before, but you can still use the consumable to make it more manageable. Also, the Targeting VI consumable is great too. It turns an Atlus into little more than a Centurion if you take advantage of the cockpit weakness.

Stantron

Great, the one class I don't have. lol But thanks for the tips, DY_nasty. I'll definitely give that a shot. I don't mind glass cannon builds so it should be a good fit.
Regarding the hurricane mods: extended clip, and then either extended barrel or heat sink seems like kind of a wash depending on situation. But I tend toward the heat sink for how cool it is to be able to hold the trigger down and spit lead for so long before reloading. I agree that stability is manageable, especially up close.

DY_nasty

Great, the one class I don't have. lol But thanks for the tips, DY_nasty. I'll definitely give that a shot. I don't mind glass cannon builds so it should be a good fit.
Regarding the hurricane mods: extended clip, and then either extended barrel or heat sink seems like kind of a wash depending on situation. But I tend toward the heat sink for how cool it is to be able to hold the trigger down and spit lead for so long before reloading. I agree that stability is manageable, especially up close.
The Hurricane runs through ammo faster than anything short of the Scorpion. If its your primary weapon and you rely on it to do the bulk of your damage, then you'll definitely notice how many times you make trips to the ammo box.

In Gold games, I'd routinely empty all 5 of my ammo consumables in a match. The damage is great, and you can put down enemies fast, but its main drawback is the total ammo capacity. Anything that keeps you shooting instead of reloading is a plus.

I use it on Asari Vanguard. On lower difficulty, just spam that biotic charge and melt people up front. If there are a bigger threat, stasis it and enjoy the damage buff. With stabilization mod it's god like.

When did the Indra get made available in Multiplayer? Saw 3 people with it tonight in gold/silver matches.

It was made available when the jumbo pack and the prenium spectre pack were made all timers. It's a really fun and good gun. Equip with incendiary ammo and see your enemies melt away like butter

rozay

Banned
I have a bunch of credits sitting to use when the rebellion cards are up, but I'm secretly hoping for talon upgrades alongside the new guns/characters. Drell adept with a talon is hands down my favorite and most effective class in the game. We'll see how the cerberus characters fare.

JMizzlin

Gorramit, where is this DLC? What time did the Resurgence pack go up?

The rest of the marketplace has updated (Arkham City stuff is up) so I don't know what's happening..

Songbird

Prodigal Son
That's a cool trailer, just like the Resurgence one. I guess it's the music.

Really want an ex-Cerberus with the lash pull and strike now!

StUnNeR H2K

Just a tease... link on the dashboard has been present for the last hour but goes to nothing.
reb_tease.jpg

Cat Party

MP Manifest has been updated. Biggest surprise: Cerberus Harrier Rifle is an ultra rare. FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!

Also, there are 18 new unlocks for "Gear," 11 uncommon, 7 rare, each with 5 levels. The uncommons appear to be permanent versions of the equipment and armor consumables. Can't wait.

I don't know if these are out in the packs yet, though.

DY_nasty

MP Manifest has been updated. Biggest surprise: Cerberus Harrier Rifle is an ultra rare. FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!

Also, there are 18 new unlocks for "Gear," 11 uncommon, 7 rare, each with 5 levels. The uncommons appear to be permanent versions of the equipment and armor consumables. Can't wait.

I don't know if these are out in the packs yet, though.

OH GLORIOUS DAY

Top Bottom