• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

Quarians: Cloak vs. Incinerate
Vorcha: Cluster Grenades vs. Carnage
Cerberus: Singularity vs. Biotic Charge

Those are the only differences in powers I believe. I think the Cerberus choice is pretty obvious. The Vorcha is if you prefer a power vs. strong grenades and the Quarian's most people will consider the QI to be a lot better but Incinerate with it's recent buff is a pretty good power with the Male QE, especially since you can set up fire explosions with Incinerate + Arc Grenades.

The Quarian Infiltrator has a turret?

Mindlog

Don't use the Reegar with Vorcha.

Its redundant with Flamer and you become really, really one-dimensional.
That was the plan. Throw out Reager fire while Flamethrower is on cooldown. It worked pretty well until Condor/Geth where I died more than I usually do. Had a good laugh when someone revived me and the Vorcha shouted, "I'M ALIVE!"

I got in one silver game with melee cerbguard. I was doing very well until I glitched on Wave 5. Hopefully I get to try it some more tomorrow.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That was the plan. Throw out Reager fire while Flamethrower is on cooldown. It worked pretty well until Condor/Geth where I died more than I usually do. Had a good laugh when someone revived me and the Vorcha shouted, "I'M ALIVE!"

I got in one silver game with melee cerbguard. I was doing very well until I glitched on Wave 5. Hopefully I get to try it some more tomorrow.

I love the Vorcha animations and voice so much.

Typically, I play pretty conservative but dude is the closest you'll ever get to playing Wolverine. I'm normal melee'ing out Hunters. I'm torching Pyros. I'm not giving a fuck about Ravagers ever. I'm laughing in a Banshees face. I strip butt naked whenever I see two Brutes in the same room...

And all of the Cerberus classes own Phantoms. Stasis no longer matters. There needs to be a Lash flowchart.

Lash>
is enemy close?
is enemy flying off the map?
is enemy on the ceiling?
is enemy already dead?
is enemy missing?

And the fact that you can aim Smash up and downstairs is just.... not fair. On Goddess, you can destroy everything from that ledge.

Tzeentch

Firebase Goddess is a terrible map. It appears to have been designed as a Deathmatch map or something. I've started just quitting out of games that get it.

The new classes are cool but wtf is with all the wierd buggyness now? Getting wierd hitches, frozen games, powers passing through enemies, and buggy extractions on Jade.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just saw a Vorcha Sentinel with a Reegar Carbine X, a Cerberus Harrier X and one of those rare gear up to rank III.

WTF? Just how much real money did this guy wasted to get there on day 1? Especially with a fucking Ultra-Rare already at rank X. With some people crazy like that, no wonder the DLC is free.

rozay

Banned
I just saw a Vorcha Sentinel with a Reegar Carbine X, a Cerberus Harrier X and one of those rare gear up to rank III.

WTF? How much real money did this guy wasted to get there on day 1? Especially with a fucking Ultra-Rare already at rank X. With some people crazy like that, no wonder the DLC is free.
there were people with millions of credits stashed for the dlc, though a harrier X is pretty lucky.

StUnNeR H2K

I liked the last DLC better than this one, but not going to complain about anything free! Had a blast playing the new classes I picked up today. Also love the idea of the new gear equipment slot, all the slots should be this way.

I'm on the XBOX, but will have to try to hook up with some GAF'ers this weekend if you guys are up for letting my terrible skills tag along...

AB12

WTF? Just how much real money did this guy wasted to get there on day 1? Especially with a fucking Ultra-Rare already at rank X. With some people crazy like that, no wonder the DLC is free.

Saw someone on youtube with 2 million credits maxing out Reegar Carbine and Krysae, but to max out the Harrier, that is one lucky bastard. It is easy to max out those two guns, if you have all your gold weapons unlocked, and all you buy is premium Spectre packs.

Reece

Geez, dat Lash.

Once you get used to throwing enemies (including Phantoms) off the map with lash then throw and pull feel pretty childish.

Opened up 7 premium spectre packs and 1 regular spectre pack. Got a Phoenix Adept, A Reegar, some gear (+2 grenades!) and the Turian Sniper. Unfortunately no Vorcha :/ that's what I'm most looking forward to playing. Still had tons of fun throwing Cannibals off Firebase Jade.

Replicant

How did Bioware put these new guys into the existing characters selection screen? I thought the space is already pretty cramped as it is now. Any screenshot?

Reece

How did Bioware put these new guys into the existing characters selection screen? I thought the space is already pretty cramped as it is now. Any screenshot?

It scrolls over to reveal the new characters. There's a pretty big arrow on the right. No screenshot right now.

Bisnic

Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore feels like cheating. :lol Can't wait to see myself one shotting brutes on silver once i get the weapon to X( (currently STILL at IV). I can do a lot of "kill steals" with that... good thing PC players dont seem to mind about this after hearing some GAF comments about people complaining.

kUdPs.jpg

DY_nasty

Geth Infiltrator with a Claymore feels like cheating. :lol Can't wait to see myself one shotting brutes on silver once i get the weapon to X( (currently STILL at IV). I can do a lot of "kill steals" with that... good thing PC players dont seem to mind about this after hearing some GAF comments about people complaining.
Once you get it to X, it gets stupid.

One shotting Brutes on Gold. Throwing on Incendiary Rounds and killing Banshees and Atlases off of DOT.

You don't even need the extended barrel. Just throw on the shredder and get kill streaks off of one shot.

X-Frame

Geez, dat Lash.

Once you get used to throwing enemies (including Phantoms) off the map with lash then throw and pull feel pretty childish.

Opened up 7 premium spectre packs and 1 regular spectre pack. Got a Phoenix Adept, A Reegar, some gear (+2 grenades!) and the Turian Sniper. Unfortunately no Vorcha :/ that's what I'm most looking forward to playing. Still had tons of fun throwing Cannibals off Firebase Jade.

Can you alter the direction in which the enemy flies? I know you can aim it around curves like normal biotics but after that I have no clue where they're going to go and a lot of times they end up being jerked behind me or behind cover 4 times before I can pull them into the open.

Also, Smash seems like a strong power but man are you vulnerable. The long animation and then it seems like you're vulnerable for a bit after it as well.

The Cerberus folks Heavy Melee is also a lash attack so I wonder when melee spec'd if it's similar in effectiveness as Smash but without the drawbacks.

Once I unlock the Cerberus Vanguard I can't see myself ever using the Cerberus Adept though.

Reece

Might be a dumb question, but I'm curious about how you're speccing your GI, and what strategies you're using when you're in the the thick of it. I've never played Infiltrator seriously, just wondering because it sounds like fun.

Reece

Can you alter the direction in which the enemy flies? I know you can aim it around curves like normal biotics but after that I have no clue where they're going to go and a lot of times they end up being jerked behind me or behind cover 4 times before I can pull them into the open.

Also, Smash seems like a strong power but man are you vulnerable. The long animation and then it seems like you're vulnerable for a bit after it as well.

The Cerberus folks Heavy Melee is also a lash attack so I wonder when melee spec'd if it's similar in effectiveness as Smash but without the drawbacks.

Once I unlock the Cerberus Vanguard I can't see myself ever using the Cerberus Adept though.

I was playing on Bronze/Silver and with the Phantoms I'd basically lead them to the edge/corner and curve it enough. With everything else I was just spamming it hard because of the low recharge time and I'd say a decent amount of enemies just fall off the map.

I didn't get a good feel for Smash because I put all my points into Lash/Smash and none into the other powers (wanted to test the new hotness) so basically being that exposed and close meant I was taking a lot of damage.

DY_nasty

You can aim it like Pull or Throw but it tracks better imo. It has a lot more force behind it though. Even if you don't set up for an explosion, you still can call someone on force or pin them to the ceiling of Goddess and kill them on the long fall down. Lash can also be specced for pretty big damage too.

Smash is just.... its the biotic Fist of God. The range is underrated too. There are blind spots in Smash and it can be affected by lag but it still does business with high efficiency.

The heavy melee is just a faster version of the Asari melee.

And yeah... Once I get the Cerberus Vanguard, I'm not going back.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Might be a dumb question, but I'm curious about how you're speccing your GI, and what strategies you're using when you're in the the thick of it. I've never played Infiltrator seriously, just wondering because it sounds like fun.

Geth Infiltrator is best played a bit differently to other Infiltrators. With the others, it's mostly about maximising the damage of each shot, but also knowing if you're using slow powered sniper rifles you won't be shooting very fast. You hit cloak, aim and fire. Everything dies.

Geth Infiltrator, as I'm not discovered, is much better as a stealth shotgun build, simply because of hunter mode. Hunter mode lowers you shield resistance, but makes you move faster, shoot more accurately, deal more damage and see through walls. Hit cloak, dive into combat, unseen, and start unleashing heavy melee (the Geth's heavy melee is awesome) and shotgun everyone into oblivion. Start taking too much damage? Cloak and get out of there.

The amount of damage you can deal with hunter mode and cloak spec'd for damage is utterly insane.

Bisnic

I usually go 6/6/6/6/0

For Cloak, I use Damage, Recharge Speed and Bonus Power
For Proximity Mine, I use Radius, Damage Taken(Increase damage from all sources by 20% for 8 secs, very important!) and Damage
For Hunter Mode, I use Power Recharge, Power Damage and Damage
For Networked AI, I use Weapon Damage, Power Damage and Weapon Damage.

Some people might have different builds, but i like this one. Pure damage spec and better radius for the mine so that the Damage Taken skill affect more enemies.

I equip my Claymore with the mods for more damage(or more armor penetration like DY_nasty said) and more accuracy(Seriously, i can kill almost anything at long range, unless its very far)

Basically... i use Cloak, point in the middle of a group and throw my Proximity Mine and once it explode(you wont lose your cloak after using 1 mine) i proceed to aim and shoot at the most annoying guy of the bunch (like Ravagers, they die after ONE mine and ONE Claymore IV shot on Silver). Then i run and hide until the cooldown of Cloak is gone. If you throw another mine on the first group you attacked, you might kill all of the weaker enemies left. Repeat until everything is dead.

rozay

Banned
This is a build that works perfectly with the claymore and also maximizes the crazy heavy melee that geths have.
Tactical Cloak (5) Damage, Melee Damage
Proximity Mine (6) Radius, Damage Taken, Damage
Hunter Mode (6) Accuracy, Power Damage, Damage
Networked AI (3)
Advanced Hardware (6) Melee damage, Martial Artist, Power Synergy

All you do is cloak, shoot proxy mines and melee. Throw a claymore on and you will beast through any encounter.

DY_nasty

You don't need the final point in Cloak for that build. Bonus Power is pretty much pointless because you'll have all the time you need to throw down a proximity mine and get a shot off.

Radius and Damage in Proximity Mine is all preference.

Rozay has a great "best of both worlds" hybrid build though. I don't like fucking around with the Geth Melee so I personally opt for going level 6 in Network AI instead of Fitness - but you can't go wrong either way. Its top tier regardless.

Bisnic

You don't need the final point in Cloak for that build. Bonus Power is pretty much pointless because you'll have all the time you need to throw down a proximity mine and get a shot off.

So what, i should just put those few points into Fitness instead? As far as i know, the other choice for Cloak is more Sniper damage, dont really need that. :p

DY_nasty

So what, i should just put those few points into Fitness instead? As far as i know, the other choice for Cloak is more Sniper damage, dont really need that. :p

Exactly that. It does make the slight difference you may need while bailing the fuck out after smanging Ravagers.

Holy Crap, Vorcha is a beast! Nigh unkillable until you go beserk and start rushing dudes with the flamer. Also, the flamer is rediculously good at dispatching "boss" units.

Reece

This is a build that works perfectly with the claymore and also maximizes the crazy heavy melee that geths have.

Seems like that build would be even sweeter with the new Berserker gear. Has anyone gotten one yet and would like to share how much it improves your stats? I've only gotten a level I Hydraulic Joints (+5% melee) and level 2 grenade capacity (+2 grenades) so far.

Tsukumo

I've unlocked the vanguard and IMO they made it like that to make it look like it's not an overpowered Pull. Kills in one shot up until silver, and the knockdown effect lasts as long (if not even more) as Overload's neural shock.
Anyway, first map I played with was Jade and I ended up with a vorcha: Wolverine and Omega Red I tell you!

It would be balanced by the animation's length alright, if it wasn't for the fact that it's basically Shockwave and can "flow" through even thicker walls. It's also extremely fast to recharge and you can spec it to either set a tech burst or a biotic explosion. But that's still not enough because...

...because the last upgrade in the fitness tree instead of giving a weapon damage buff after heavy melee gives a power damage buff. Not even the Drell Vanguard had that, and in this case we are talking about an heavy melee which is fast, hits everything, and has the only downside of not tracking the enemy.
Feels like they made this new classes and weapons OP on porpose so they could sell packs the first weeks and after that get people to come back by announcing balancing fixes.

It's a seriously overpowered class but it can fit as much the jerk playstyle some people have with human vanguard as a more properly supportive role. After my first try on gold I respeced it, and now I can play medic much like an infiltrator and set up tech explosions or biotic explosions based on who I'm the most close at any given moment. Since you have two powers that can set combos this is a class as versatile and respec-able as human engineers, though engineers can't sport a melee as sick as this one.
omega, DESTROYAAA!

AB12

What's the specific of that mission? Fetching object before the time runs out? Just one object?

Fetch two objects and take them to a drop-off zone. You cannot run, be shot, or cloak. It will drop. If the other player are distracting enemies it should be easy, but mostly it is not.

Alright, new to the multiplayer. It does take some time to earn credits, so which one is the better pack at store?

I've earned like 200k so far and spent it twice on the premium spectre. Is that the way I am supposed to do it or is there a better way of spending it?

Alright, new to the multiplayer. It does take some time to earn credits, so which one is the better pack at store?

I've earned like 200k so far and spent it twice on the premium spectre. Is that the way I am supposed to do it or is there a better way of spending it?

If you're completely new it's probably better to buy veteran packs for a while, and unlock/upgrade some of the mid-grade weapons, and unlock some new classes.

Replicant

Fetch two objects and take them to a drop-off zone. You cannot run, be shot, or cloak. It will drop. If the other player are distracting enemies it should be easy, but mostly it is not.

That'd be annoying with randoms. Don't tell me this new quest is implemented on all missions? God damn it.

X-Frame

I think Tactical Scan is my favorite ability.

To be able to mark what you feel is a priority target (isn't always the Banshee/Atlas, etc) and have your whole team swarm them all while gaining awareness of all nearby enemies is invaluable. And if there's no priority targets you can spam it for the radar pulse every few seconds.

Me and other Male Quarian Engineer were marking Cerberus targets on Goddess Gold and were able to survive 9 rounds before it just became ridiculous with the Phantoms and we had no Phantom-killer.

I can't wait to unlock the Male Quarian Infiltrator.

Can't wait to spend buy 15 PSP packs tonight after work. I hope for glorious stuff. Let's this be clear, not getting a Harrier is out of question

Dave_6

Is it just me or have the biotic explosions been nerfed? I don't know how many times last night I would hit an enemy with warp then immediately with throw and it wouldn't do anything. It was like just hitting them with throw except they didn't even get knocked back.

Between that and them rolling/dodging away from the biotics all the fucking time I almost rage quit. :/ Oh well I'm on my way to 500K credits so I may finally buy a couple packs tonight. I want to try to get to a million first but not completing Silver rounds is making that tough...

Gui_PT

Is it just me or have the biotic explosions been nerfed? I don't know how many times last night I would hit an enemy with warp then immediately with throw and it wouldn't do anything. It was like just hitting them with throw except they didn't even get knocked back.

Was anyone using Shield Drain or any ability like that? I've noticed that negates the biotic explosion.

If you warp an enemy and then he is shield drained, you'll have to use two throws on him to cause an explosion.

Dave_6

I'm not sure but that may be what was happening. I did notice that a lot of the time the 2nd throw would create an explosion.

I probably shouldn't have played at all considering how bad of a headache I had as it was hard for me to concentrate 100%. I had to check out the DLC though :) The Vorcha seems like a beast from what I saw.

X-Frame

Apparently someone on BSN realized you can fire the Reeger Shotgun WHILE shooing the Flamer from the Vorcha. Likely a glitch, and when you run out of the ammo clip the Vorcha will auto-reload while still shooting flames (no animation) and then you can fire the shotgun again.

If this is true ..

DY_nasty

Apparently someone on BSN realized you can fire the Reeger Shotgun WHILE shooing the Flamer from the Vorcha. Likely a glitch, and when you run out of the ammo clip the Vorcha will auto-reload while still shooting flames (no animation) and then you can fire the shotgun again.

If this is true ..

Trust and believe that I tried that and it didn't work.

You CAN however put an insane amount of damage out in seconds by alternating the two between cooldown/reload.

Top Bottom