• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Replicant

Eagle II and fucking Quarian Male (the most boring species on ME3 MP). FFS, I already have Quarian Male and it's already up to level 20. It's about time Bioware stop giving similar character cards when they already reach level 20.

Valiant III and IV...meh. I still need a Hurricane to round out my N7 weapons. Also, I'm sad that I didn't get to experience the prenerf Kyrsae.

0_o; This is not something to be complained about.

Sai

Quarian Male Infiltrator did seem kind of stale on my test run of it. Arc Grenade was the only thing I really liked about it, and it's kind of limited(not a 'nade person. Almost always leave their trees empty). Tactical Scan was a lil' too slow startin' up for my tastes.

Valiant III and IV...meh. I still need a Hurricane..
What in the... I don't even...

rozay

Banned
Quarian Male Infiltrator did seem kind of stale on my test run of it. Arc Grenade was the only thing I really liked about it, and it's kind of limited(not a 'nade person. Almost always leave their trees empty). Tactical Scan was a lil' too slow startin' up for my tastes.

What in the... I don't even...
you're not a nade person, he's not a sniper person!

exYle

With the new Smash upgrade, the Ex-Cerberus characters still aren't quite Gold Viable (the lack of Fitness really hurts) but it makes Silver much, MUCH more enjoyable.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Whelp, only at most five more challenge weekends before it is no longer possible for me to get another Eagle...

iX613QYYl7VwI.png

rozay

Banned
Really? Do tell why.
You can now immediately charge after smashing with the right cooldowns (I'm using a talon IV), and if you're really having trouble with getting hit while using smash you can roll halfway through the animation and it'll still finish and wreck everything in front of you.

Make good use of right hand advantage when engaging enemies, especially since you can attack through walls haha.

exYle

You can now immediately charge after smashing with the right cooldowns (I'm using a talon IV), and if you're really having trouble with getting hit while using smash you can roll halfway through the animation and it'll still finish and wreck everything in front of you.

Make good use of right hand advantage when engaging enemies, especially since you can attack through walls haha.

That's my biggest problem. I'll Smash and Charge for the Biotic Detonation, but after that, I'm quite the sitting duck. All the humans in the game are really squishy and given that Charge has an annoyingly long recharge time even at 175% speed, I still feel uncomfortable taking the Vanguard on Gold.

I do love the right-hand advantage though. Banshees and Brutes were falling to my constant Smashing.

Xevren

The Male Quarians are great. Love the engineers. Spec grenades for the field and incinerate whatever is inside for tech bursts/fire explosions. Arc Grenades <3

rozay

Banned
lol wut

Yeah boring. Just because you like it, it doesn't mean everyone else will like it.
I would rank the female quarian engineer as the most boring class though-none of the powers really work well together unless you count the extra damage incinerate does to a frozen target...I don't :p

If you haven't tried it, arc grenades have an evolution that causes constant electrical damage to targets in the area for 10 seconds, during which time you can hit them with area incinerate for multiple easy tech explosions at the same time without having to worry about timing. Spawns get destroyed instantly, they're very similar to drell adepts except arc grenades are 100x easier to aim and do plenty of damage by themselves.

Mindlog

Whelp, only at most five more challenge weekends before it is no longer possible for me to get another Eagle...

http://i.minus.com/iX613QYYl7VwI.png
That's not fair.

I got Slurricane II (awesome) and then Valiant III (neat.) I really like my Geth Infiltrator with Scorpion/Hurricane.

Strongly considering switching my QMI from Krysae to Reegar. A test run proved extremely productive. Reegear and Grenade Capacity work very well together.

rozay

Banned
That's not fair.

I got Slurricane II (awesome) and then Valiant III (neat.) I really like my Geth Infiltrator with Scorpion/Hurricane.

Strongly considering switching my QMI from Krysae to Reegar. A test run proved extremely productive. Reegear and Grenade Capacity work very well together.
Paint him red and stick the reegar on him.
I can't seem to find the right shade to match his bone/tan color though

Sai

My Human Soldier with the Saber was cleanin' up tonight, that rifle is beast.

Sad thing is that I'll probably get sick of this game before I'm able to get the Saber to X. :(

Tsukumo

That's my biggest problem. I'll Smash and Charge for the Biotic Detonation, but after that, I'm quite the sitting duck. All the humans in the game are really squishy and given that Charge has an annoyingly long recharge time even at 175% speed, I still feel uncomfortable taking the Vanguard on Gold.

I do love the right-hand advantage though. Banshees and Brutes were falling to my constant Smashing.

I'm trying to work around that myself and one thing I'm going for is a substitute for the Nova-Charge rotation on the phoenix vanguard. Walbert and others suggested many times to open with Nova, which led me to think to open with melee: my impression is melee goes through shield gate and a kill gets a 30% buff to bio-powers, so following that with smash or charge should work fine. But it's very situational and the damage you get from smashing armour is bigger than the damage I get from charging it.
Now, smash -> charge seems more Gold oriented because of the 50% damage reduction you get from both powers but I don't like the idea of waiting for cooldowns on a character who's supposed to be fit to crash into enemy lines. Makes it even more situational and I feel like there's no point in take on an entire group if I can't completely rely on charge to save my life.
I keep mixing rolling, melee, smash, charge...not necessarily in that order, but I have yet to find a combo as worth as nova+charge on the phoenix. I also like to switch to phoenix adept from times to times, so finding an alternative to charge+smash would be really great.
Let's see if this last fix is the answer to all my problems...

Goon Boon

Banned
Oh fuck, I thought I just unlocked another human vanguard card, but I think it was actually a Cerberus vanguard considering I now have the Cerberus vanguard. I am now going to become a ribbon dancer.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
An Eagle I.

I got the same. Is that pistol really that bad? I didn't even try it out.

Good thing that I also got a cerberus adept wich I really like, that smash is crazy!!

I spec him for smash and leash + the new shotgun and I was a close range beast... ah! and melee damage all the way. It's a bit squishy but really fun and powerful (at least on geth and cerberus, didn't try reapers).

I'm still waiting for my Compack

Open up my Victory Pack, see Quarian Infiltrator, prepare to rage, see that it's male. Wasted 250k XP though. Also got Eagle II.

Valiant II in my Commendation Pack. Whoo.

I disagree. The Cerberus Vanguard is fine on Gold imo.
In addition to all te dialogue regarding the classes viability on Gold, I played it just fine, scoring second to a Geth infiltrator.

- use it on a close quarters map only
- use the Reegar carbine and Smash simultaneously up close. It wrecks peeps up.
- only charge defensively to repair your shields

We played Glacier vs Reaper and it was fun. Just keep your distance from those banshees!

Sai

I got the same. Is that pistol really that bad? I didn't even try it out.
I've only used it in single player, but it's an automatic machine pistol; basically like an SMG... Except it's firing rate, and damage per shot don't really inspire much confidence.

I think they buffed it's damage a few weeks back though, don't know how much that changes things.

For a special variant of the Phalanx, I wish they would've just made it a semi-auto with a laser sight sans a scope mod, like the Phalanx was in ME2.

My male quarian Engineer is boss. Fully deserves the name I gave him: Bad vas Mofo.
haha, nice :)

i love the male quarian engineer too. specced him 6/6/6/6/0 and i can do BEASTLY dmg spamming Arc Grenades and Incinerate causing tech bursts everywhere. 4 pyros? a few seconds and they're dead. my power recharge speed is at 197% carrying two weapons (Hurricane II and Carnifex IV), which is awesome. allows me to constantly scan enemies and help the team pick targets. so much fun all around, my fave at the moment alongside the Asari Justicar.

Dammit, I just want one of the Cerberus classes or a goddamn batarian, so I can stop buying PSP's and focus on stockpiling equipment. :lol Just ran out of rockets again.

Top Bottom