• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Well, i'm finally done with Challenges. About time!
RIo9mZb.png

whoo! congrats, Bis!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Turian Soldier is great with a Hurricane too... if yours happen to be at X or near it. It runs out of ammo so fast that i have to use mods like Heat Sink and a Thermal Clip Storage gear. But put a High-Velocity Barrel on it, and its pretty awesome.

How do you look at other people's itinarys?
Without voice chat, is there a way of requesting support or anything?
Should I feel bad for declining to use the Falcon at the cost of the team, because I prefer using the normal assault rifles?
Is the Premium Spectre Pack the best all-round pack for the cost/reward balance?
Is it worth buying a load of recruit packs to get a decent stock of MediGel?

Turian Soldier is great with a Hurricane too... if yours happen to be at X or near it. It runs out of ammo so fast that i have to use mods like Heat Sink and a Thermal Clip Storage gear. But put a High-Velocity Barrel on it, and its pretty awesome.

It's at V for me...

I tried the Typhoon with the Turian and its awful - that lead in time for it to hit full speed really kills it. The Harrier is amazing but it just has such a small clip size.

the Turian itself is pretty one dimensional though..i had some fun but i wont use him again.

Anyone fancy a game or two now? PS3, username is the same as my ID :)

Just tried the Cabal Vanguard. First impression, seems like you have to get far too close to the enemies to make use of the powers, unless the idea is to heavy melee, then teleport out of danger. Moveset looks cool though :p

How do you look at other people's itinarys?

For just the 1 game when you're in the player lobby, you can go right and select each player to look at what weapons, mods, and equipment they're bringing into the match. On Bronze and Silver I typically go bare minimum but if someone else is armed to the teeth I'll put a little more on just to be courteous

if you mean full manifest, go to social.bioware.com/n7hq. you can plug in a person's online handle, choose what platform they're using, and see the whole manifest of what weapons, characters, mods, etc they have total. I recommend linking your psn id to that site as well, super helpful

Without voice chat, is there a way of requesting support or anything?

No. some games have shortcuts for "thanks!" "thumbs up" etc, but this game does not. People are usually pretty good with picking up downed teammates but if you bleed out, so be it. keep your finger on the medi gel button and wait until you're almost dead before using it or if you're about to get stomped. Return the favor by picking up the other players and they'll come for you when you need it

Should I feel bad for declining to use the Falcon at the cost of the team, because I prefer using the normal assault rifles?

You should use whatever you want and if people have a problem with it, they can get bent. As long as you're not bringing in a low level character to a gold/plat match, your choices shouldn't matter too much. Phat Michael posted that some people were giving him lip about his character, weapon, etc, and then he proceeded to shut them up by getting 1st place and such.

Is the Premium Spectre Pack the best all-round pack for the cost/reward balance?

By definition, I suppose. they're all random, you could buy a Recruit pack (which is supposed to give you a higher chance of characters) and get all weapons, vice versa. I think a better strategy would be to choose the pack that suits what you want/need. Looking for more characters? Buy a Reserves Pack. Now you need weapons? Buy an Arsenal. Looking for either or both? PSP then, sure. be sure to buy the cheaper packs too, you'll use a lot of that common stuff forever, weapon mods for example.

Is it worth buying a load of recruit packs to get a decent stock of MediGel?

Recruit packs give you 1 of an item, Veteran gives you 3, and I think Spectre and beyond will give you 5. You will not get medi gel in each pack though, so if you saved for a Spectre, it might give you rockets instead of medi gel. The Jumbo Equipment pack guarantees you 5 of all 4 of the dpad items, plus a bunch of equipment then. That might be your best bet

Sai

I just have Ultra Rares I want leveled up sooner than others. :p

Geth Spitfire VI... I've spent millions of credits since that Scorpion VII; longest dry spell I've had in a minute.

Oh, and I finally got the Map Mastery Challenge out of the way a few days ago. The Nomad banner's nice!

Chocobro

I just have Ultra Rares I want leveled up sooner than others. :p

Geth Spitfire VI... I've spent millions of credits since that Scorpion VII; longest dry spell I've had in a minute.

Oh, and I finally got the Map Mastery Challenge out of the way a few days ago. The Nomad banner's nice!

Nice with the banner! :) Was wondering when someone will post here haha. I haven't played in a while, too many things going on for school...

So I'm not sure how long ago this was asked but what is everyone's favorite kit for each class after all this time (maybe with a brief summary why)? xCal made a video series for each of his personal favorites. As of May 4th, he chose:

Adept -N7 Fury
Soldier - Batarian Soldier
Engineer - Male Quarian Engineer
Sentinel - Krogan Sentinel
Infiltrator - Salarian Infiltrator

I'm guessing his favorite vanguard is either the N7 Slayer or the Krogan Battlemaster. I'll post mine after some of you guys post lol.

Edit: Vanguard - Krogan Battlemaster
Yep, not surprising.

Sai

Scorpion VIII & Lancer V in one PSP!

Also: Runnin' around the map with a Geth Infiltrator with the Hurricane X, SMG Weapon/Gear Amps, AP Ammo , and Cyclonic Modulator = Everything melts at the speed of light.

Bisnic

I'm having a lot of fun with my Krogan Warlord against Geths Gold with that build :

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...hancer3/CyclonicModulator4/JuggernautShield5/

I don't have to fear sync kills, stuff dies in one heavy melee attack with my Biotic Hammer except Primes and i very rarely go down thanks to my high damage protection, health regen and shields. :D

I wasn't sure if i should take decrease shotgun weight or 3 points into Electrical Hammer, but since Biotic Hammer is very powerful, i figured i would rarely bother with Electrical anyway. :p Hell, i even took an Acolyte to strip down shields, but its pointless considering how strong Biotic Hammer is lol. 2 Biotic Hammers = Geth Prime lost his shield. 2 more Biotic Hammers = Geth Prime dead. I have 160% recharge speed, so i always have charges available.

Sai

!!!

Saber IX :D :D

[EDIT] - !!!... !!!

sabuh-ekusu.jpg

thefountain.gif

I'm sorry about all the bad things I said about you, RNG~ ♥

Sai

Lol. The Ghost is unquestionably my favorite kit, but I still switch between the Geth Infiltrator, Destroyer, Demolisher, and Fury a lot... Oh, and the Alliance Infiltration Unit, when I want to breeze through a round or two of Platinum.

Once I stop worrying about snaggin' quick 'n easy credits, I'll probably go back to using a bunch of kits I used to use often.

jesus. you are going to be unstoppable with that thing. how much of a boner did you get when that came up?
It was like a maelstrom of mammoth proportions. A recreation of the heavens 'n earth.

... In my pants.

BlackVulcan.jpg

[EDIT] - Oh, Wraith IV. :D

Bisnic

I've been wondering, does High Velocity Barrel and Piercing mods stack? Or am i wasting my Piercing mod if i use both of them at the same time?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
What I don't get is how they stack is it additive, percentage wise etc, because if it's addictive since one negates reduction by 90% already wouldn't that mean you would be doing more damage than if the armour was simply a plain health bar.

Mindlog

Ey, yo! Stats.
Eric Fagnan wrote...

I just thought I would share some interesting stats. These stats are from the last 3 months of play time. Stay tuned because I will add more stats when I have time.

15 Most Played Kits (All Difficulties)

1. Geth Juggernaut (7.53%)
2. N7 Destroyer (3.97%)
3. Human Soldier (male and female combined) (3.20%)
4. Human Engineer (male and female combined) (2.97%)
5. Krogan Warlord (2.94%)
6. Alliance Infiltration Unit (2.86%)
7. N7 Shadow (2.78%)
8. Human Vanguard (male and female combined) (2.75%)
9. Talon Mercenary (2.73%)
10. Collector Adept (2.56%)
11. N7 Fury (2.43%)
12. Turian Ghost (2.41%)
13. Geth Trooper (2.34%)
14. N7 Slayer (2.33%)
15. Human Adept (male and female combined) (2.34%)

15 Most Played Kits (Gold & Platinum Only)

1. Geth Juggernaut (11.81%)
2. N7 Destroyer (5.47%)
3. Turian Ghost (4.38%)
4. Alliance Infiltration Unit (4.28%)
5. Geth Trooper (4.11%)
6. Krogan Warlord (3.01%)
7. N7 Paladin (2.83%)
8. Collector Adept (2.74%)
9. N7 Fury (2.67%)
10. N7 Shadow (2.63%)
11. Geth Infiltrator (2.62%)
12. Talon Mercenary (2.52%)
13. N7 Demolisher (2.24%)
14. Asari Huntress (1.99%)
15. N7 Slayer (1.98%)

10 Least Played Kits (All Difficulties)

1. Volus Protector Vanguard (0.40%)
2. Volus Mercenary Sentinel (0.44%)
3. Drell Vanguard (0.59%)
4. Batarian Slasher Adept (0.61%)
5. Male Quarian Marksman Soldier (0.61%)
6. Vorcha Hunter Engineer (0.67%)
7. Volus Adept (0.70%)
8. Volus Engineer (0.81%)
9. Male Quarian Engineer (0.81%)
10. Batarian Brawler Vanguard (0.82%)

10 Least Played Kits (Gold & Platinum Only)

1. Drell Vanguard (0.31%)
2. Battlefield 3 Soldier (0.36%)
3. Volus Protector Vanguard (0.40%)
4. Volus Mercenary Sentinel (0.50%)
5. Vorcha Hunter Engineer (0.53%)
6. Male Quarian Marksman Soldier (0.57%)
7. Human Sentinel (male and female combined) (0.60%)
8. Batarian Slasher Adept (0.62%)
9. Volus Adept (0.65%)
10. Human Infiltrator (male and female combined) (0.74%)

Breakdown by class (All Difficulties)

1. Soldier 28.3%
2. Engineer 16.7%
3. Sentinel 15.8%
4. Infiltrator 14.1%
5. Adept 13.1%
6. Vanguard 12.0%

Breakdown by class (Gold & Platinum Only)

1. Soldier 31.9%
2. Infiltrator 16.0%
3. Sentinel 15.3%
4. Engineer 15.0%
5. Adept 13.8%
6. Vanguard 8.0%

Breakdown by difficulty

Bronze (46%)
Silver (33%)
Gold (18%)
Platinum (3%)

5 Most Played Maps (All Difficulties)

1. Firebase Dagger (13%)
2. Firebase White (13%)
3. Firebase Glacier (12%)
4. Firebase Giant (11%)
5. Firebase Hydra (6%)

5 Most Played Maps (Gold & Platinum Only)

1. Firebase Glacier (15%)
2. Firebase White (15%)
3. Firebase Giant (13%)
4. Firebase Dagger (9%)
5. Firebase Rio (5%)

Some other interesting map statistics

- On Platinum difficulty, Firebase Rio is currently played 11% of the time (3rd place overall after Firebase Glacier and Firebase Giant)
- At its height, Firebase White was played 50% of the time on all difficulties, and 70% of the time on Gold and Platinum.
Facts.
...I believe the Geth Juggernaut is going to be a much larger problem. Right now I'm seeing Juggernauts far more than any other class. Almost every game. If someone told me the frequency was similar to pre-nerf Infiltrators I wouldn't be surprised.
There are some very strong kits in the least played list. Surprised Collector Adept squeaks into the top 10 because that class takes quite a bit skill to get the most out of. Also surprised at so many Bronze games.

Bisnic

Interesting.

I think the fact there is so many Bronze games is for people grinding those 200 waves challenges mostly.

I see almost 1 Juggernaut every Gold game, so it doesnt surprise that they're so high compared to everyone else, and that's probably also why Soldier are #1, along with the N7 Destroyer and Human Soldier helping.

What im surprised though is seeing so many of the starting humans in there. Guess a lot of newcomers got stuck with these guys for a while.

Edit :

I updated the original post with a class breakdown. As you can see the Juggernaut has had a huge impact on the % of players playing soldiers because before he came out soldiers were not much higher than other classes.

Looks like i was right.

Chocobro

MQE needs more love.

This. The amount of destruction the MQE can dish out can't be beat by any other engineer, IMO. Use the acolyte with disruptor rounds: shoot --> Incinerate for tech burst --> Arc Grenade for fire explosion, AOE damage, and strip shields of anyone that didn't get hit by the acolyte. Also have Tactical Scan for boss killing.

Finished Cerberus, Collector, and AR Mastery banners all last night. Working on Machinist banner right now. I forgot how good the QFI's sabotage bug is for these weapon challenges, made the Hornet and CSMG challenges easy.

exYle

This. The amount of destruction the MQE can dish out can't be beat by any other engineer, IMO. Use the acolyte with disruptor rounds: shoot --> Incinerate for tech burst --> Arc Grenade for fire explosion, AOE damage, and strip shields of anyone that didn't get hit by the acolyte. Also have Tactical Scan for boss killing.

Talon, dude.

I hadn't actually considered the Acolyte -> Incinerate -> Arc Grenade combo before. That's a pretty good idea. I use a Harrier on him and switch between Incinerate -> Arc Grenade and Arc Grenade -> Incinerate as necessary.

Chocobro

Talon, dude.

I honestly forgot about the Talon Mercenary. The only way for the Talon to wreck enemies is to spam mines on the ground to force detonate (and hope the enemies stay within the 5 or 7.5 meter range). But I have little experience with the TM.

exYle

I honestly forgot about the Talon Mercenary. The only way for the Talon to wreck enemies is to spam mines on the ground to force detonate (and hope the enemies stay within the 5 or 7.5 meter range). But I have little experience with the TM.

Yeah, that's how I use him. It's entirely dependent on wasting grenades, but it's SO DAMN POWERFUL. A skilled Talon can't not top the scoreboard!

I like the talon but unless its a small and closed map i dont like him that much. I prefer the demolisher any day.

Im using the Demo with a Harrier VII (incindiery IV) and constantly moving around the map. It is such a great class but you cant just run into the middle of a room and not die.

Sai

Scorpion IX

I enjoy playing along with Talons rather than using them myself. Hard to resist poppin' an enemy's head before it hits the Trip Mines though. XD

just started using the gethfiltrator properly. wow what a powerful class.

got him specced for full weapon damage and headshots. black widow V, sniper rifle rail amp 3,tech damage mod and armour piercing rounds iv. cloak, proxy mine, unload 3 rounds.. it's just a walking death machine.

I only use it when I have a cylonic iv though because hunter mode is really draining.

Chocobro

Scorpion IX

I enjoy playing along with Talons rather than using them myself. Hard to resist poppin' an enemy's head before it hits the Trip Mines though. XD

Same here. Plus at this point in the game, theres no reason to wait for the enemies to trip the mines when you can ram your foot into their asses.

just started using the gethfiltrator properly. wow what a powerful class.

got him specced for full weapon damage and headshots. black widow V, sniper rifle rail amp 3,tech damage mod and armour piercing rounds iv. cloak, proxy mine, unload 3 rounds.. it's just a walking death machine.

I only use it when I have a cylonic iv though because hunter mode is really draining.

Sounds like you used him on platinum, I still can't play above Gold :(

GI is one of my favorite infiltrators, so versatile. This is how I pug with him: Piranha (HVB+SC) and gear loadout haha :D I use a lot of soft and hard cover the low shields are all good. Hurricane works well too.

Nah used it on gold. first time playing with this build ever. topped the boards in both games. guardians are just sitting ducks with that build. atlas is pretty much done in 2 clips. only thing difficult are phantoms which I use the proxy mine on

Chocobro

Nah used it on gold. first time playing with this build ever. topped the boards in both games. guardians are just sitting ducks with that build. atlas is pretty much done in 2 clips. only thing difficult are phantoms which I use the proxy mine on

From the solos I've watched with sniper GIs, they would run away from the Phantom and go behind cover or out of their sight. Phantoms will also go behind cover pretty quick, allowing you to headshot them through cover. You can watch like 40s from the timestamp of LordSirian's "0 Fitness no cyclonics GI Gold Solo", I think it's a good demonstration. Hopefully it will make Phantoms easier.

Think I should play more ME3 instead of watching ME3 videos lol.

Bisnic

Wouldn't the Javelin be better than Black Widow for Geth Infiltrators since the Javelin is a Geth gun? Although I guess the little delay with each shot can be annoying.

Wouldn't the Javelin be better than Black Widow for Geth Infiltrators since the Javelin is a Geth gun? Although I guess the little delay with each shot can be annoying.
I have the jav at 3 and the black widow at 5. I played 2 games with Sai then and he was using the GI with a javelin x. that thing is menacing. also the hurricane x melts atlases...

my hauls for tonight are an indra vi and valiant vii. :(

Chocobro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgb_FO0scyI

Can someone explain to me what they do on the delivery rounds? How is he doing it so quick is that a glitch?

It's basically what Principate said. As you can tell, only PC players can do it. I think people bind multiple keys to do it properly (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Bisnic). Honestly, I'm not used to seeing it that slow, this is how fast I normally see it happen. And here's a BSN thread about it.

It's basically what Principate said. As you can tell, only PC players can do it. I think people bind multiple keys to do it properly (Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Bisnic). Honestly, I'm not used to seeing it that slow, this is how fast I normally see it happen. And here's a BSN thread about it.
I bet you could do it on the consoles as well. You just have to nail the timing, and having host certainly helps. But yeah, pick up OBJ, sprint, immediately pick up OBJ again, repeat.

So, tap-hold-tap-hold-tap...

Chocobro

I bet you could do it on the consoles as well. You just have to nail the timing, and having host certainly helps. But yeah, pick up OBJ, sprint, immediately pick up OBJ again, repeat.

So, tap-hold-tap-hold-tap...

Yeah that's the closest thing we can do for pizza delivery; you get only the start of the sprint. I was doing that for a while but then stopped* because it's very inconsistent as I don't host and I use with characters that can dodge or sidestep.
*When I use a character like a Krogan, I always do it.

Bisnic

What I basically do is spamming the Space(running) button instead of holding it down, that's it. You run without stopping and you automatically pickup the bag that you drop by doing this. And since its easier to turn while running on the PC version than on the console versions(from what I heard), I guess that's why someone said its mostly done on PC.

It only works perfectly when you're host though, otherwise lag might mess it up and not register your space button spammings, which mean I have to turn back sometimes since I didn't pick up the bag.

Top Bottom