• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
There's a lot of dialogue about synthetic vs. organic intelligence, especially with EDI. The entire Reaper code bit was about synthetic intelligence and whether the Geth deserved to be independent and think on the level of organics.
Yeah, but aside from letting Legion upload the code or not, there was nothing else to think about.

Additionally, the conversations with EDI weren't the central focus of the game. We talked to her, but never pondered about her in any consequential manner.

Moaradin

Shepard and Miranda 4 ever.

Sorry but Liara is so boring.

GTFO Liara is the best and it's obvious. If Miranda was so good she wouldn't be a boring side character.

Liara was only boring in ME1, which is the same for every character other than Wrex. Like said, LOTSB and ME3 made Liara the best character in the series.

Petrichor

Shepard and Miranda 4 ever.

Sorry but Liara is so boring.

I would have agreed re: Liara... until the lair of the shadow broker DLC and onwards. She's easily the most interesting playable squadmate in ME3.

Miranda should have been there too, though.

This has been bothering me for a while.

So the money I get from scanning things has been established in the first game as being paid for by the shadow broker for the info right? Except she now lives on my ship, rent free, and isn't chipping in a dime that I don't work for. Doesn't that seem weird to anyone else? Why am I still paying at the pump?

def sim

Yeah, Liara is awful you guys. The way she talks and her seemingly clueless attitude despite being the Shadow Broker is aggravating.

Moaradin

Liara required a character retcon to become interesting.

Also Javik is the most interesting squadmate in 3

You say retcon, I say character development =P

I agree with Javik, but he didn't have as much time to progress as the other ME characters.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

So the money I get from scanning things has been established in the first game as being paid for by the shadow broker for the info right? Except she now lives on my ship, rent free, and isn't chipping in a dime that I don't work for. Doesn't that seem weird to anyone else? Why am I still paying at the pump?

??? When was this established?

hateradio

I guess they wanted the game to be video gamey. :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I dont mind Liara, but im up to Horizon now and she seems to have less "romance talk" than Garrus for some reason. Garrus even have more regular stuff to talk about between missions when Liara often just say "Good to see you." or "Ready for the next mission."

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You say retcon, I say character development =P

I agree with Javik, but he didn't have as much time to progress as the other ME characters.

Sudden character changes and magically become an information broker isnt development. Its forced.

Yeah, Liara is awful you guys. The way she talks and her seemingly clueless attitude despite being the Shadow Broker is aggravating.

And everyone knows she's the Shadow Broker. It's the galaxy's worst kept secret. In fact, I think the only person who didn't know was the volus banker. He still calls the Shadow Broker a He.

Complistic

liara makes me want to fall asleep every time she speaks. She talks like she's just woken up from a very long nap all the time. That on top of bioware not knowing what the hell they want her character to be makes her one of the worst squad mates imo.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
And everyone knows she's the Shadow Broker. It's the galaxy's worst kept secret. In fact, I think the only person who didn't know was the volus banker. He still calls the Shadow Broker a He.

The only people that know are the people who helped her in LotB and Wrex. Most just think she is a regular info broker

Vamphuntr

I don't like her either. In 3 she's probably the one with the most dialogue because she's the only character that had an "important" role in the 3 games and that cannot be killed.

TheYanger

Mass Effect 1. You talk to a guy and he says he represents the Shadow broker and if you find anything interesting then the SB will pay cash money for it.

I'm not sure why you think that means everything you scan ever is some shadow broker payout though. I've NEVER made that connection, nor anyone else I've heard of. If I say to you "Hey, if you ever come accross some old games I'll pay money for them" it doesn't mean every time you find an old game and sell it that you sold it to me, it's just me saying something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Mass Effect 1. You talk to a guy and he says he represents the Shadow broker and if you find anything interesting then the SB will pay cash money for it.

I'm sure stuff like rare salvage or reaper tech was of interest to the alliance and cerberus, in addition to tons of other potential buyers that were never talked about.

Fuck it. Go all the way, Bioware. Show Shepard and Liara's blue babies.

Nah I would've been happy with a shot of a small Asari child laying a small wreath at a grave. You then see the child run up to an older Asari (but you can't make her out) and then the camera pans back to the headstone and you see Commander Shepard's name.

Damn it is so annoying all the fantastic ways they could have finished Mass Effect 3.

The only people that know are the people who helped her in LotB and Wrex. Most just think she is a regular info broker

All of your squadmates seem to know. And the asari government knows.

Only people who talk about Liara who don't know are that volus merchant guy and Chobot (she comments how Liara won't let her in her room).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nah I would've been happy with a shot of a small Asari child laying a small wreath at a grave. You then see the child run up to an older Asari (but you can't make her out) and then the camera pans back to the headstone and you see Commander Shepard's name.

Damn it is so annoying all the fantastic ways they could have finished Mass Effect 3.

Good luck with Bioware making a child Asari model for one potential romance choice when they couldnt even do Tali's face for every players.

Dany

Banned

Only people who talk about Liara who don't know are that volus merchant guy and Chobot (she comments how Liara won't let her in her room).

Apparently there is a scene where EDI talks about how the crew doesn't trust her because she is a blabbermouth and slips that Liara is the shadowbroker and shepard response is 'wait, what?"

hateradio

Good luck with Bioware making a child Asari model for one potential romance choice when they couldnt even do Tali's face for every players.
It'll be an adult-sized Asari scaled to the size of a child, like the kid next to the stargazer.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Only difference is there were a number of Talimancers moaning not to show her face at all. Not like we have people asking for a gorgeous space elf kid.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Most of your squad knows cause they helped her and are close friends. The asari government knows she is an info broker. Can you point out where they said she was the Shadow Broker?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Only difference is there were a number of Talimancers moaning not to show her face at all. Not like we have people asking for a gorgeous space elf kid.

they should just do it so we can establish what quarians look like. since the only people who logically woldnt know is the player.

Most of your squad knows cause they helped her and are close friends. The asari government knows she is an info broker. Can you point out where they said she was the Shadow Broker?

They government knew enough to make her dad worry that they'd have have Liara killed. If they know exactly that she was top of the food chain is unclear.

But yeah, it's still secret to most of the universe. It probably wouldn't be if Allers wasn't such a bad journalist, though.

Dany

Banned
I think showing tali's face shouldn't have happened. Ever, like that's show MC's face to me.

The only person that should know is shepard, and not us. They way they did it in ME2 was tasteful, IDK what they did for ME3 beyond the portrait.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
They government knew enough to make her dad worry that they'd have have Liara killed. If they know exactly that she was top of the food chain is unclear.

But yeah, it's still secret to most of the universe. It probably wouldn't be if Allers wasn't such a bad journalist, though.

They also are wary cause of her connections to Shepard, Cerberus and Benezia. And that she has shady dealings. But I'm not sure its establish they know she is THE info broker among info brokers.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
they should just do it so we can establish what quarians look like. since the only people who logically woldnt know is the player.

I was hoping they would and she'd turn out hideous, just so I can poke fun at my friend till the ends of time for romancing her. But nope, half assed photoshop saved his ass and stole my fun.

I was also reeeeeeeally close in having having him side with Legion and kill off Tali. "We were so damn close Anderson!" Why in the world did they give us the option to change our mind during that situation?!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think showing tali's face shouldn't have happened. Ever, like that's show MC's face to me.

The only person that should know is shepard, and not us. They way they did it in ME2 was tasteful, IDK what they did for ME3 beyond the portrait.

Having the quarians remain faceless is stupider than the lack of female turians and other races.

Dany

Banned
Having the quarians remain faceless is stupider than the lack of female turians and other races.

I think its the opposite, the lack of females-species in the game is just baffling to me. but at least they tried, kinda in this game to showcase females a bit.

Having the quarians remain faceless would have been good, it keeps with the 'artistic decisions' that the mask are there faces. And the mask they wear is the constant reminder of the war and the travesty they've suffered.

I don't get why all quarians as a race decided to wear helmets like that. Shouldn't there be some here and there that wear regular see through glass instead of super tinted style? Unless their skin can't even handle sunlight?

I just finished the game... watched all 3 endings...

BEYOND DISAPPOINTING. My mind is full of fuck. 3 games I played... for 3 terrible endings? And only in one is there a hint of Shepard being alive?

And all the mass relays are gone? So the troops in Sol system are stranded there? Tens of millions of them? How the fuck are they gonna get out?

And how the fuck did the Reapers capture the Citadel so quickly and then magically transport it? How the fuck was the Citadel even the Catalyst? WHO MADE THE FUCKING CATALYST? I thought the fucking Reapers made the Citadel/Catalyst, and now the Catalyst says it made the Reapers? Why did it appear as a little boy to Shepard?

Again, my mind is full of fuck. What a shitty way to end such a good trilogy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think its the opposite, the lack of females-species in the game is just baffling to me. but at least they tried, kinda in this game to showcase females a bit.

Having the quarians remain faceless would have been good, it keeps with the 'artistic decicision' that the mask are there faces.

Why hasnt Shepard googled "wtf do quarians look like?"

BEYOND DISAPPOINTING. My mind is full of fuck. 3 games I played... for 3 terrible endings? And only in one is there a hint of Shepard being alive?

And all the mass relays are gone? So the troops in Sol system are stranded there? Tens of millions of them? How the fuck are they gonna get out?

And how the fuck did the Reapers capture the Citadel so quickly and then magically transport it? How the fuck was the Citadel even the Catalyst? WHO MADE THE FUCKING CATALYST? Why did it appear as a little boy to Shepard?

We know that feel, bro.

Apparently there is a scene where EDI talks about how the crew doesn't trust her because she is a blabbermouth and slips that Liara is the shadowbroker and shepard response is 'wait, what?"

There needs to be a scene where Javik insists she gets thrown out the airlock.

In a game like this where the protagonist is your avatar, you need to be very careful with giving the character information that isn't given to the player.

Then again, I've always found the way quarian appearances were handled in-game to be very confusing. It's made out to be a huge mystery when it should be fairly easy to find out. Plenty of asari should remember for instance, and there should be lots of images and media floating around on the extranet.

Dany

Banned

And how the fuck did the Reapers capture the Citadel so quickly and then magically transport it? How the fuck was the Citadel even the Catalyst? WHO MADE THE FUCKING CATALYST? I thought the fucking Reapers made the Citadel/Catalyst, and now the Catalyst says it made the Reapers? Why did it appear as a little boy to Shepard?

*hugs* it will be ok, we are here for you.

Top Bottom