• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect (4): First Details & Images [Update 2: Video of Mako driving around]

Wait, some people actually think the garbage combat mechanics are coming back? After all the praise the MP and combat in ME3 received? And with the emphasis Bioware are putting on it again?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Pretty much. Everyone asking for that garbage back needs to take a hike.

DOWN

Banned
You're literally comparing ME to Star Trek, and hoping its more like the latter.
I like that their small mission in Star Trek had them on a very unique planet covered in lush red foliage and bright waters as they run from native species.

It has a lot to do with science fiction imagery and the inspired variety that would be a welcome addition to the occasional rocky planets we've seen from the uncharted worlds.

I'm not even sure what specific things I've expressed hope for that you think are 'more like' Star Trek.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure why people think that the return of the Mako and planet exploration means it's going to be the same exact thing as it was in ME1.
If they can improve the control of the Mako and make the planets more unique than a different skybox and ground textures (because that was the only differences between barren planets in ME1) and make them fun to explore with different kind of buildings, caves, enemies, etc. who wouldn't want that?

I realize that all three past ME games are different from each other and because of that the fanbase is divide, but surely planet exploration done "right" can be interesting to everyone.

nel e nel

Folks complaining about 'years away' should remember that ME3 was done in ~2 years (as was Dragon Age II). And since a good number of people felt that game ruined the entire series for them...

nel e nel

Everything is better than that awful planet scanning. That shit was like 10+ hours in order to get every single upgrade. It was tedious as fuck.

I usually do not swear in my posts here but, damn. Just thinking about that planet scanning is infuriating.

There was a good method for that, it's just that many folks are obsessive compulsive completionists, and would mine all planets regardless of their resource rating. You can pretty much skip anything that is moderate or below and have more than enough resources for all the upgrades.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Folks complaining about 'years away' should remember that ME3 was done in ~2 years (as was Dragon Age II). And since a good number of people felt that game ruined the entire series for them...

Yeah, if Bioware hadn't change "their way", ME4 would be releasing this year. :lol

Thank god it's not the case. As much as I want to play the game ASAP, i'd prefer if it was something more complete and polished, and not something rushed like ME3.

QaaQer

If you want a realistic simulation of life on a natural satellite you should go play Moonbase Alpha[/URL], not Mass Effect, a game with space wizards, blue skinned space babes / space vampires and a ancient cosmic evils.

no doubt.

game is targeted towards 10-20 y.o. crowd who love comic book movies and shooting stuff in videogames. I'd keep my expectations in check as far as good storytelling and non-shootbang gameplay go.

Why is so hard to say if the game is before or after the ending of Mass Effect 3?

Two possible reasons:
1. Marketing has decided now isn't time to tell us. Marketing all the time decides to hold back information for stupid reasons.

2. They haven't decided. They are designing parts. Looks, feel, characters, set pieces and aren't worrying about the overall narrative and connection to the previous games until much later.

Trigger

I really appreciate the time and thought they're putting into the next installment. ME is a popular enough franchise that they could easily shit out subsequent games with the same formula and little thought.

velociraptor

Brah chill, this game is being made by the MP and Omega team, combat will still be front and centre, especially since the MP is seen as an important aspect of the next game. They pretty much have to design the game with it in mind otherwise the whole thing will be a clusterfuck.

Awesome. I had a blast with the Omega DLC. This should be good.

Top Bottom