• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

Moaradin

Looks pretty good. Already know I'm gonna get the game so I'm glad they haven't shown too much.

Though I hope the villain isn't just another Corpheus.

c3HC0B6.gif
Oh baby!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Other than Cora's design being rather underwhelming, Liam's design looks pretty great. New aliens look pretty good. Archon stuff could be hit or miss, we'll see. I'm still hyped for this game. Solid trailer, nothing amazing, but nothing to bring me down.

jet1911

Can't wait to seethe story setup for this one. I mean humans and Co are invaders in Andromeda. I wonder if the game will acknowledge that.

theWB27

It looked like the bad guy's ship was smiling when it first showed.

Ill still be here day as soon as I can buy it.

I'm not super excited...but I am giddy.

It's insane that this is a massive improvement in rendering and animation yet still looks nothing like what kissing actually looks like.🤔

Never will we reach the heights of AC: Unity kissing tech

This trailer was meh... not feeling any of the squad-mates, hoping that they are hiding some

Admodieus

Mass Effect Andromeda |OT| - We've been waiting 600 years for this

I really hope they play up the angle of the Citadel races being the invaders and not necessarily being "the good guys". You are invading another galaxy, after all

Ruff

Cast look like literal chinese knockoffs of the original crew, but I'm still hyped. I wonder how many colors this one will have at the end.

Jb

Man I hope the antagonist is interesting. He looks like generic ugly alien #203 in this trailer.

Papacheeks

Banned
Except for milquetoast MaleRyder, this was a pretty cool shot of the squad

badasszdufj.jpg

seriously, maleryder is so dumb to look at.

The human characters look real generic. I think that's my main issue so far. Is it's so neutral looking.

And that may be because of the same team who made Dragon age:I were working on this correct?

Feels like it has no soul.

Lime

Remember when Bioware said female Ryder would be the focus for marketing?

Because they sure don't.

To be fair, they are trying to switch it around, with the Game Awards featuring Fem Ryder for a 5 minute trailer at a big and probably costly media event. Too bad she isn't receiving the story or the cinematic trailers though.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Mass Effect Andromeda |OT| - We've been waiting 600 years for this

I really hope they play up the angle of the Citadel races being the invaders and not necessarily being "the good guys". You are invading another galaxy, after all
From the look of the trailer it looked like they'll help the andromeda races fight the big bad of their galaxy

Salsa

christ I really wanted totally different races / different everything

why go so far and do that whole thing if it basically looks the same

it's like the same crew but a bit gender swapped

Sou Da

Some of those shots, especially with the Angarrans look pretty star trek.

Also nice to see Bioware get it's shit together on hair.

xam3l

Valtýr;229140320 said:
That's just Nathan Drake

Lets not make this a thing.

He looks lika a dude. Just a normal guy. A blank canvas for a game based on customization.

You people bitch about such lesser things.

Hope its a great game and a great mass effect game. Just that.

I like how everyone with a negative opinion about Mass Effect is seemingly very in touch with their feelings!

was the dialogue in the original trilogy this bad too or do i just have rose-tinted glasses on

They're one-liners. It's very easy to perceive any one-liner as bad or cheezy or whatever if you're so inclined. I'm sure it'll sound fine during the flow of the game. That being said though, I hope their are no more impromptu singing scenes...

I thought the trailer looked pretty great. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the people who are looking for that "star trek drama" thing will get it, but more in the way of the individual per-planet narratives that they've talked about. This looks to be the larger overarching narrative to guide you to the end of the game.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Just create your own character, man.

As if you can create a character cooler looking than Mark Vanderloo.

Besides, 99% of created ME characters look like abominations. Always have.
Let's just hope there'll be some proper slider configs out there come release.

Papacheeks

Banned
Lets not make this a thing.

He looks lika a dude. Just a normal guy. A blank canvas for a game based on costumization.

You people bitch about such lesser things.

Hope its a great game and a great mass effect game. Just that.

But it's the supporting cast that feel really generic compared to previous ME. Especially when you compare it to ME 2.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Remember when Bioware said female Ryder would be the focus for marketing?

Because they sure don't.

They said it would be equal marketing not only FemRyder. The next trailer will likely be with her seeing as the last big gameplay trailer was with her and this latest was him.

ironcreed

Banned
Didn't know there were so many jaded gamers around here... :/

This was hype cranked up to 11 for me! :)

I hear that. I mean, we are finally getting a brand new Mass Effect for this generation with a new storyline and it is bigger and more beautiful than ever.

J 0 E

The hero seemd generic but so is Shepard < just finished the trilogy and can't understand the love for him

The trailer is great.

I expect this to have HDR support too yeah? Some of those environments look like it will really benefit from it. Especially the space shots. that last shot was so good.

mmmmm yeah mmm

Top Bottom