• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So much for Fem Ryder being the lead for promo. That shit didn't last at all lol.

I'm pretty sure they never said that, what they did say was that both would feature in the marketing, and they would alternate trailers (and they've done that, not counting the CES one as that was a demo not trailer).

In other news, loving the new crew, fresh faced. Liam and Cora look great.
Krogan could definitely be the new bro, seems very violent.
Not sure about default Ryder face now though....might need to customise I think (make a Shep clone, lol).

Salsa

Not feeling this at all. I was hyped for the game too.

same here.

I really think there was a different game somewhere and they got cold feet and went straight up with what already "worked"

that's what I want to think anyway, given the early talk

ChopperNewt

Neo Member
Now I just wanna play

220px-C64_Archon.png

tuxfool

Banned
I'm really surprised people aren't criticizing the antagonist more. "I am Archon. Surrender or Burn." lol

Yup, very crappy. It could be that the trailer is badly cut so it doesn't give the best impression.

I just don't feel like it gives us any reason as to why he is bad. He just an enemy that shows up in the middle of the trailer, boom, we're supposed to hate him?

Zok310

Banned
Seems like the writers love the name "archon". Apparently its like the only name in the english language that we can name space villains/gods. So unoriginal.

Yup, very crappy. It could be that the trailer is badly cut so it doesn't give the best impression.

I just don't feel like it gives us any reason as to why he is bad. He just an enemy that shows up in the middle of the trailer, boom, we're supposed to hate him?

I mean, what are you guys expecting. A trailer is supposed to convey "this is the bad guy", not flesh out his backstory and impetus behind what he's doing.

I feel like for whatever reason, EA and Bioware had better people working on the trailers, or at least people who were better informed about what was in the game, back during ME2-3. I mean, sure, this trailer is way more coherent and actually conveys what the overall narrative might be, but it's still a big step down from a lot of the pre-release trailers for ME2 and 3.

I think this trailer would've been stronger if it started with the Andromeda Initiative briefing on the Nexus and Arks, then glitched out and went to black when it got to the 600 year trip part, and then start the trailer as it is, because there'd be more context and weight to the stuff about finding a new home.

kiguel182

Looks pretty cool and finally a villain appears!

It's one of the few AAA titles I'm interested this year so I'll pick this up for sure (not at launch).

Oh shit, we're getting laid again, aren't we?

Anyway, looks pretty good. I'm in.

Yeah, why don't they tell us the entire story in the trailer. Lame.

tuxfool

Banned
I mean, what are you guys expecting. A trailer is supposed to convey "this is the bad guy", not flesh out his backstory and impetus behind what he's doing.

He gives massive Corypheus bungler vibes. If they don't give even the briefest of explanations as to why he is an antagonist, he is a non-entity that isn't worth showing.

Sasie

Not liked anything I seen so far but this trailer was good. Yes the Archon was bleh at best but the trailer had that big cold universe look to it. The open world of Dragon Age Inquisition was horrible but I think the big open spaces could recapture the atmosphere of the first game if they do it right.

I'm pretty hopeful that in worst case scenario I will still like I now and that's not something I was convinced of before this trailer. I do hope Bioware managed to write a compelling villain this time though. They been a bit bad with that of late.

Top Bottom