• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Fans Donate $80,000 to Charity to Help Change the Ending of Mass Effect 3

sTeLioSco

Banned
This whole situation is so weird. Where was the fury around the laughable ending to MGS4? A videogame company wrote a shitty ending to their story, big deal. Did people expect something good after ME2? BioWare had proved to be unable to handle their own choice-related ambitions in their previous game, it's no surprise that they copped out in the end. It's exactly the sort of ending you would expect from modern BioWare and from modern videogames in general.

in mgs4 and other games you literally follow a path.
if the ending is bad is bad.

in mass effect,and is baffling how people that play the games don't consider them important,you make decisions that supposedly will have an impact.
may players believed bioware and played and replayed the games to make decisions as fitting to their shepard.....

the ending is not only bad but also disregards all decisions which make the situation worse.

MC Safety

I hope bioware DOESN'T change the ending

I think a lot of people would be happy leaving the ending intact as a cautionary tale.

It's probably best if some good comes out of the ending, and I guess that would only come if developers actively work to prevent crappy game endings from seeing publication.

It's probably what The Shephard would have wanted. You know, sacrifice for the greater good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
in mgs4 and other games you literally follow a path.
if the ending is bad is bad.

in mass effect,and is baffling how people that play the games don't consider them important,you make decisions that supposedly will have an impact.
may players believed bioware and played and replayed the games to make decisions as fitting to their shepard.....

the ending is not only bad but also disregards all decisions which make the situation worse.

Why did they do that? After ME2 it was clear that BioWare didn't give one solitary shit about your decisions from the first game. A cop-out ending was inevitable.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Why did they do that? After ME2 it was clear that BioWare didn't give one solitary shit about your decisions from the first game. A cop-out ending was inevitable.

if the bioware fans defence is "why did you believe bioware"
i accept it. no comment then.

Angry Fork

Just saw this now. Man whoever wrote that destructoid article is a little bitch. Who gives a shit if people donated just to get publicity, it's all going to the same place asshole at least they donated.

He's so mad people turned his own shit against him and now throws it back into the community like he was always right lol.

shaowebb

The ending to ME3 is pretty surreal, and comes off as a confusing payoff to 5 years and hundreds of hours of gameplay investment so I can see people being so upset. Especially since on top of that the last thing you see is a text message urging you to buy DLC which makes people feel like the real ending isn't even on the game or something after that 15 minute surrealist session.

I wasn't around for it, but I have to ask though...did Final Fantasy 7 get anything close to this reaction with its ending after it hit? It did not give you an ending that gave you a sense of "accomplishment" either. Until they milked it for a movie and spinoff sequel/prequels it was considered canon the entire planet died and all that was left was Red XIII.

DR3AM

Mass Effect Fans Donate $80,000 to Charity to Help Change the Ending of Mass Effect 3

ahhahahah wow, gamers complain about $2 DLC and they waste, not donate, 80k on a game ending? lets raise 81k and change the halo 2 endingq

Tajin

Banned

ahhahahah wow, gamers complain about $2 DLC and they waste, not donate, 80k on a game ending? lets raise 81k and change the halo 2 endingq

Wasted on children when we could have been buying 80,000 tacos.

Tex117

Banned
I guess Im too naive to think that gamers donated to Child's Play because of how great the organization is and knew about it after the Me3 deal.

Dear goodness, giving a really sick kid an opportunity to play something fun when they literally can't get out of bed to do anything else healthy kids can....

Im donating again....I can't help it...Im a softy.

Top Bottom