• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Zzoram

chespace said:
Again, my character here. You can make some really great faces. All I have to say is to really be sure you like your character's face/hair/background before you start the game proper because you'll be staring at this face for 40 hours or more and the character history plays a big role in not only how people treat and talk about you but also in some pretty major plot points (and presumably twists).

This picture was taken pretty early on. I'm about 30 hours in now and this was like, at hour 5 or 6. She has different armor now and has evolved into another "class" beyond soldier.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/1851896577_e6c99f9d61_b.jpg

You're 30 hours in? How much do you think is left?

giga

Amannamederic said:
Tonight, I'll need 10 of you, I'll supply the black van with no plates, black ninja suits, and night vision goggles...tonight we infiltrate MGS and steal 10 copies of this game...the wait has become unbearable.
lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Zzoram said:
You're 30 hours in? How much do you think is left?

Not sure, but I've been told the game is around 40 hours if you do sidequests like crazy, and shorter if you don't.

As far as the story is concerned, I feel like I just got through a section with a lot of reveals, explanations, and minor surprises so I think I must be at least halfway through if not more.

Only thing to do is to play more. Cuz I really can't play VF5 or COD4 seriously before I finish Mass. And then there's SMG and Uncharted... sigh.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Y2Kev said:
Mako-chan? :D

Manko-chan {()}

I find this name hilarious because it's what my mom calls my fiancee because for some reason she can never remember her name is Makiko.

chespace

sp0rsk said:
Manko-chan {()}

I find this name hilarious because it's what my mom calls my fiancee because for some reason she can never remember her name is Makiko.

all look same dot com.

sp0rsk said:
Manko-chan {()}

Haha wow. just wow.

So does anyone know when the Asian version releases? it just says november and I went ahead and ordered it since I got plenty of other stuff to play in the meantime.

BUT GOD I WANT IT :(

I keep hoping that I'm not going to see tearing in one of those vids. =/ Freaking love the game but I'm one of those people who gets driven crazy by tearing all the time. :(

chespace said:
Again, my character here. You can make some really great faces. All I have to say is to really be sure you like your character's face/hair/background before you start the game proper because you'll be staring at this face for 40 hours or more and the character history plays a big role in not only how people treat and talk about you but also in some pretty major plot points (and presumably twists).

This picture was taken pretty early on. I'm about 30 hours in now and this was like, at hour 5 or 6. She has different armor now and has evolved into another "class" beyond soldier.

Nice! What does your wife think of it? :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
That was a good commercial, but only in the sense that I know what kind of game MAss Effect is. If I didn't know, that commercial wouldn't have helped me one bit. So, in that sense, it's not all that great (talking of the one posted on the last page. if there's another one I didn't see, I'll check it out).

Kintaro said:
That was a good commercial, but only in the sense that I know what kind of game MAss Effect is. If I didn't know, that commercial wouldn't have helped me one bit. So, in that sense, it's not all that great (talking of the one posted on the last page. if there's another one I didn't see, I'll check it out).

It would be impossible to explain the details of Mass Effect in 30 seconds and not have it be a "list commercial."

This commercial is a great way of getting the name and overarching style of game across to intrigue people so when they walk into EB they go "So, about this mass effect..."

So I was out looking for Mario Galaxy today, I went into a local K-mart, looked at the wii section, no Mario. I glace at the 360 section for no reason, I dont have one yet, and what do I see MASS EFFECT. I could not believe my eyes, in fact I stilll think I maybe crazy or something. All games were behind a glass so I could not hold it, but I examined it as best I could, unless its the most elaborate pre-order box in hisrtory wrapped up and all, that was the game. I never find game early and the one time I find a game I want really badlly its the time I dont have the console to play it on.

So Miami gaf, K-Mart at Kendalll and 137 ave, they had about 5 copies behind the glass. I am going again tomorrow to make sure I am not totally insane, but as far as I can tell its there for sale.

MiamiWesker said:
So I was out looking for Mario Galaxy today, I went into a local K-mart, looked at the wii section, no Mario. I glace at the 360 section for no reason, I dont have one yet, and what do I see MASS EFFECT. I could not believe my eyes, in fact I stilll think I maybe crazy or something. All games were behind a glass so I could not hold it, but I examined it as best I could, unless its the most elaborate pre-order box in hisrtory wrapped up and all, that was the game. I never find game early and the one time I find a game I want really badlly its the time I dont have the console to play it on.

So Miami gaf, K-Mart at Kendalll and 137 ave, they had about 5 copies behind the glass. I am going again tomorrow to make sure I am not totally insane, but as far as I can tell its there for sale.

If it's there I'll pay you the cost + shipping + extra for a copy.
Actually though...I do live in Kissimmee/St. Cloud....hmmmmmm.

temp

posting on contract only
MiamiWesker said:

Take a picture of it for me so I can relish it.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
If it's there I'll pay you the cost + shipping + extra for a copy.

I'll do it for one, but I dont want to buy five copies, I would have to put this on my credit card and crap. So PM me, you were first, I'll see what I can do.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Subarushian said:
It would be impossible to explain the details of Mass Effect in 30 seconds and not have it be a "list commercial."

This commercial is a great way of getting the name and overarching style of game across to intrigue people so when they walk into EB they go "So, about this mass effect..."

Nah, they could have had something dealing with the shooting/action scenes in there. Maybe in a different commercial I guess.

MiamiWesker said:
I'll go tomorrow and take one.

If its not there tomorrow I am checking into a mental hospital. :lol

99% certain they are just promotional boxes. They did this for Halo 3 as well (anyone remember those french game store workers posing with empty LE boxes?) just to prep the market for what the box art looks like.

Subarushian said:
99% certain they are just promotional boxes. They did this for Halo 3 as well (anyone remember those french game store workers posing with empty LE boxes?) just to prep the market for what the box art looks like.

Probably, but why behind a glass case with every other game. Anyway I will ask to see it tomorrow, see whats up, I dont see how they could have the game two weeks early.

golem

MiamiWesker said:
Probably, but why behind a glass case with every other game. Anyway I will ask to see it tomorrow, see whats up, I dont see how they could have the game two weeks early.
i have the preorder bonus and it pretty much looks like a retail box except for the orange preorder stripe on top

golem said:
i have the preorder bonus and it pretty much looks like a retail box except for the orange preorder stripe on top

:lol Yeah I see a few pages back some others thought they saw the game too. Its exactly like the retail, thats just mean.

chespace

Damn, watching that escaping ship video was a tiny bit of a spoiler since I don't think I've gotten there yet. :lol

But yeah, this game fucking rocks.

dejay

Banned
Tieno said:
Mr. Che, why did you pick a female as your Shephard?

I'm still torn myself.

If you're going to look at someone's face and arse for 20 + hours it just makes sense.

Top Bottom