• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3: First Trailer-September 14th [Out Now]

Simo

max3_flyer_hostage_640x640.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/
Next week, Wednesday September 14th at noon Eastern time, we will release the official First Trailer for Max Payne 3.

This will be your very first glimpse of the long-awaited return of Max Payne - in action.

Premiering at noon Eastern on Wednesday, look for it in high definition at www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3 and the Videos section of the Rockstar site

Trailer: Rockstar's Videos Page

YT Mirror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpNSEsKEW4c&feature=player_embedded

SamuraiX-

Even made a poster to announce the first trailer?

Oh, they know we want it.

Fucking cock teases.

And that supposed box art is a complete and utter disgrace to the Max Payne series.

Sethos

Banned
brotkasten said:
Max Payne: Modern Warfare?

No.

People need to stop calling everything a Call of Duty prefix / suffix because there's a favela, a weapon or the sight of anything that was present in Call of Duty.

Doomrider

Finally. What's up with the "tv interference" thing on the (possible) cover, though? What, if anything, could it be hinting at?

Sethos said:
No.

People need to stop calling everything a Call of Duty prefix / suffix because there's a favela, a weapon or the sight of anything that was present in Call of Duty.
Actually it was the font that reminded me of CoD, don't know why.

Dabanton said:
No. It's Max Payne 3.
Are you sure?

Jarmel

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
It looks like derivative GTA art. I don't understand why they didn't keep the old style.

The look on his face is exactly how I imagined and it looks like he's about to kick some ass.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
Ahh nice! Rockstar will be doing something Max Payne 3 related at the Dutch Firstlook event, so I expect more information surfacing the coming weeks

Dabanton

jet1911 said:
I hope it's at least as good as the trailer for Max Payne 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8AcIC4Ujak

Dude that trailer contained the following: Copious amounts of explosions,actual crazy gunplay. People were shooting guns unbelievable, as only dudebros do that. It looked 'cinematic' another no no. And there were exciting scenes of 'action'. I don't play noir games for that kind of shit take this guy for instance his in complete agreement with whats wrong with Max Payne 2 sorry i mean 3.

Angry Fork said:
If I wanted to play cinematic action explosion cover AI buddy i'd play RE5.

Angry Fork said:
Cinematic, Visceral, Experience, etc. are all buzz words that people should be afraid of. Every "re invention" has talked about this shit and it always results in making a game for dudebros.

Acquiescence said:
This isn't Max Payne. The sun doesn't exist in noir. Whatta buncha joka's.

Actually 'The Hot Spot' and 'Angel Heart' are damn good noir films that take place in the blistering heat, but I agree. This seems like a poor fit for Payne.

Angry Fork

Dabanton said:
Dude that trailer contained the following: Copious amounts of explosions,actual crazy gunplay. People were shooting guns unbelievable, as only dudebros do that. It looked 'cinematic' another no no. And there were exciting scenes of 'action'. I don't play noir games for that kind of shit take this guy for instance his in complete agreement with whats wrong with Max Payne 2 sorry i mean 3.
The setting matters more to me in a story driven game than the over the top gameplay.

Max Payne 2:

89290_large.jpeg

nv38_max_payne2_2xaa_apaf_1s.jpg

79.jpg

mp2_2-big.jpg

Max Payne 3:

.Brazil_beach_m.jpg

GDC-10-Sony-Pulls-Curtain-Back-on-Motion-Controlled-SOCOM-4.jpg

article-callofduty-420x0.jpg

ASS-UP-IN-FACE.-JPG.png

If the trailer ends up making me eat my words fair enough but fuck this sunny happy go lucky birds flying in the air environment shit.

Angry Fork

angrybus said:
Oh no! Please don't attempt to do something new with a series! Give me exactly what I had before! Oh God!!
Yes I would agree with that. The last game came out in 2003 and nothing has been similar since, there's no reason to go somewhere new the first 2 are masterpieces.

edit - the black and white image above you is better, just needs to remove the guy/girl. I wouldn't bitch as much if the game still took place at night but I already know we're going to get missions Red Dead Redemption style where we face a bunch of people at some old guy's mansion since we're a bodyguard and the sun will be shining everywhere it'll be like that pool area in Uncharted 2. That's just not Max Payne imo. Call it a different name or spin-off and I wouldn't be raging.

Sethos

Banned
brotkasten said:
Instead of removing all the color, you should've removed the dude and that girl. I really like the art, but it would look much better without them.

Yeah, just tried it myself and wanted to post it but those damn scanlines ...

Makes it look so cheesy.

angrybus

Banned
Angry Fork said:
Yes I would agree with that. The last game came out in 2003 and nothing has been similar since, there's no reason to go somewhere new the first 2 are masterpieces.

edit - the black and white image above you is better. I wouldn't bitch as much if the game still took place at night but I already know we're going to get missions Red Dead Redemption style where we face a bunch of people at some old guy's mansion since we're a bodyguard and the sun will be shining everywhere it'll be like that pool area in Uncharted 2. That's just not Max Payne imo. Call it a different name or spin-off and I wouldn't be raging.
I know it's an obvious thing to say, but let's wait to see how the game turns out first. I'm sure the noir will be dripping from the game regardless.

angrybus said:
I know it's an obvious thing to say, but let's wait to see how the game turns out first. I'm sure the noir will be dripping from the game regardless.

Quite aside from this, we already now the game will be jumping around the timeline and thus will also involve parts that are not Brazil based.

Angry Fork

angrybus said:
I'm willing to do that honestly I want to like the game Max Payne is one of my favorite series ever. I'm not going to write it off only for being in Brazil because Brazil can be a great setting for crime related stuff. I'm just very worried about having ton of the game being in sunny environments instead of the dark dreary sets from the first 2 games. If Max is so depressed and fucked up in the head that should manifest in the environment as well imo.

I actually don't care about the fat bald stuff btw, that seems like a logical progression if Max ends up letting himself go and all that, it's just Brazil + being a bodyguard for people etc. that has me pessimistic. I can only hope the timeline stuff is the majority of the game and Brazil is only 25% or something.

Top Bottom