• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

"Dolph, remember when people liked you and you were thought to be part of the bright future? Congratulations pal, we successfully made sure you lost your heat."

Last night's Roman and Finn match made me realize how much better Finn would be as a heel. He is someone who definitely benefits more from having that type of moveset. Reminded me of when he faced Nakamura in nXt.

Also, glad to see the Titus promo getting good reactions. I thought it was one of the more entertaining segments of the night.

Foggy

Eh, Io would could retire by the time she hits 30 if she keeps doing what she's been doing in Stardom every week, granted her body too will probably start breaking down before too much longer with that style as well, she's already been wrestling for around ten years right? Say she stayed in Japan, who knows if WWE would even be interested then, she's got an opportunity to be seen by a lot more people and potentially make a lot more money that she could retire on. She could work another decade (that that she'll be there in 2027) with WWE's style even with the tougher main roster schedule.

I have been thinking of a scenario where Io stayed behind as Kairi made the move and ended up becoming a reasonably big star in WWE. Granted so long as senile Vince is in charge that probably wouldn't happen but could you imagine?

Io really doesn't wrestle that hard and her injury history bears that out. She wrestles at full tilt only a few times per year. Overall, it might be easier on her body but A) shit happens in wrestling and B) her gymnastics background and how she wrestles isn't nearly as tough on her body has Kairi's issues have been.

As for her personal interests, that's fine. She should do what's best for her. But as a viewer, I'm not going to celebrate a transition to weak wrestling from one of the best in the world. It sucks for people who watch good female wrestling and it could be disastrous for Stardom and joshi as a whole. It all depends on how Rossy adjusts to losing them and possibly Mayu by year's end. It could be a blessing in disguise since he'll actually have to get off his ass and stop depending on foreign talent to show up every once in a while. I have my doubts.

Foggy

aMirRkD.jpg

Recall

I watched Okada v Tanahashi from Wrestle Kingdom 9.

It has its moments especially towards the end which is almost a given for big title matches but it was really tedious and underwhelming for a good chunk of it.

Waaaay too many forearm smashes back and forth that felt like they had no idea how to get to the big final third of the match. I was sure that Okada was going to win also so the finish caught me by surprise, which is a nice thing.

Kaladin

Smackdown and 205 Live look decent tonight :

Randy Orton vs Baron Corbin
AJ Styles vs Jinder Mahal

205 Live :
Austin Aries vs TJP

Top Bottom