• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Recall

So how many Shinjito Ohtani fans we have up in here? Watching 1994 - 1999 NJPW and he is the most reliably entertaining wrestler on the shows, his mean demeanour and determined to win style is thoroughly entertaining.

He always so looks so happy springboard dropkicking his foes in the back of the head. Also his selling always makes his opponents look incredible.

If I have to wear this for 30 days, the rest of you are going to have to look at it too:
dolph_ziggler_by_kidsleykreations-day7e17.jpg

tenor.gif
You brought this upon yourself buddy.

Two words

Nia Jax

True

And Dana Brooke

Side Note:

http://shop.wwe.com/acid-wash-tees/

I know it's nothing huge but seeing Bliss included in a list of: AJ, Rollins, Ambrose, Hardys, Balor is really cool. Shows that her merch must be moving decently and that the company is behind her (I mean duh l guess since they made her Raw champion already but still)...

It was weird for a moment I almost was able to get that t-shirt at the buy one get one for a 1$ but then by the time I went to pay they had excluded it from the deal so alas I'll have to wait to get my third Bliss t-shirt.

Indeed. Its very depressing

And like it'd be easy to say oh shes mostly wrestled Bliss a lot, but even her matches with Becky were kinda just there... And her promos are even worse

And Bayley and Becky both put on good/great matches with Bliss so in the end I just have to shrug and say it's on Mickie

Side note why are none of the other Nakamura shirts anywhere near as cool as this... this is such an awesome 70s Punk Clash/Sex Pistols style shirt it's perfect...

So glad I got to pick it up before it maybe disappears as they phase out his NXT line

Like every other shirt goes out of its way to be like: "Hey did you know Nakamura was Japanese... Did you? Did you?"

I mean they shouldn't shy away from it either but literally this is the only one that they've made that doesn't feel like the design is less about Nakamura and more about saying Nakamura is Japanese... Whereas this one is perfect, it highlights Strong Style, the crown on the sleeve for his status as King of it, and the font and style evokes that rebellious punk rock (Sex Pistols/Clash)/ Rock motif that completely represents the sort of physical charisma Nakamura embodies, and I mean hell the design even invokes his ring and entrance attire, especially his jacket.

Why did they give The Drifter a stronger showing on his debut than Nak? Miz even interfered at a point where it seemed like Samson had the upper hand and Dean just hit a desperation clothesline.

Riddle Vs Dunne has been cancelled for like the 3rd time, WWE have pulled Bate and Dunne from the Lucha Forever show on Thursday.

At least it happened once (and made tape)

Riddle Vs Dunne has been cancelled for like the 3rd time, WWE have pulled Bate and Dunne from the Lucha Forever show on Thursday.

At least it happened once (and made tape)

LOL at people getting mad at Lucha Forever saying they should have given fans more notice...

Sounds though like they are needed for a WWE related event... Hope that's what it is anyway.

What show had Matt Riddle vs Pete Dunne on tape?

heh nice

There were some funny commentary lines last night:

Cole saying Alicia Fox has the best scissors kick in wrestling history while sitting right next to Booker T
Booker saying Apollo's alliance with O'Neil by saying this is the first time he's gotten a reaction (I think he said pop?)
Miz reminding Cole that Cole used to be his biggest fan

Also ladies and gentlemen I present to you someone way more positive about WWE than I'll ever be Brian Zane:

https://youtu.be/b1o7YogHWJc

He was way more into Backlash than even I was

So glad I got to pick it up before it maybe disappears as they phase out his NXT line

Like every other shirt goes out of its way to be like: "Hey did you know Nakamura was Japanese... Did you? Did you?"

I mean they shouldn't shy away from it either but literally this is the only one that they've made that doesn't feel like the design is less about Nakamura and more about saying Nakamura is Japanese... Whereas this one is perfect, it highlights Strong Style, the crown on the sleeve for his status as King of it, and the font and style evokes that rebellious punk rock (Sex Pistols/Clash)/ Rock motif that completely represents the sort of physical charisma Nakamura embodies, and I mean hell the design even invokes his ring and entrance attire, especially his jacket.

I don't see them emphasizing Strong Style on his merch anytime soon. I mean hell, where was the Strong Style in his match against Ziggler, he just had a regular ass WWE match.

I don't see them emphasizing Strong Style on his merch anytime soon. I mean hell, where was the Strong Style in his match against Ziggler, he just had a regular ass WWE match.

Yeah probably... Still would like to see shirts that more accurately represent who Namaura is though.

Like I like the current Vibe as a design one but what does Samurai Swords actually say about Namakura?

Yeah probably... Still would like to see shirts that more accurately represent who Namaura is though.

Like I like the current Vibe as a design one but what does Samurai Swords actually say about Namakura?

"Check out this crazy Japanese anime man! Look at how cool he is."

It's real dumb, I agree.

Edit: Thank god Carmella already does the moonwalk. I was starting to picture the Japanese Moonwalker shirt.

In news that shouldn't surprise anyone, WWE 2K18 got officially announced in an earnings call and will be out this fall. No other information announced.

Guessing Undertaker gets the cover this year. I wonder if they do the NXT version again or if they go with something more mainstream.

I'm way on board. Ep 4 was especially hilarious at times.

P.S. Beefy is Chad.

P.P.S. Data West is Wally.
Jesus I lost it when
Michael Cera
showed up and made no God damn sense, reminded me of the original series.
In news that shouldn't surprise anyone, WWE 2K18 got officially announced in an earnings call and will be out this fall. No other information announced.

Guessing Undertaker gets the cover this year. I wonder if they do the NXT version again or if they go with something more mainstream.
I hope whatever they do that some of the UK guys like Bate and Dunne get in.

jmdajr

I see some of ya'll are keeping up the good fight with diet and exercise. Keep at it brothers!

Look what it did for Jinder!

Twin peaks episode 3 and 4,Holy shit my mind.

I thought it started out pretty crazy but those 2 episodes were fucking nuts.

The noise and strange tones are so fucking good. It reminds of Irreversible, sound wise. The songs closing out each episode are perfect as well. Especially in the second episode.

I have loved this series for so long now, I am so happy it has exceeded my expectations.

I thought it started out pretty crazy but those 2 episodes were fucking nuts.

The noise and strange tones are so fucking good. It reminds of Irreversible, sound wise. The songs closing out each episode are perfect as well. Especially in the second episode.

I have loved this series for so long now, I am so happy it has exceeded my expectations.
I was going crazy just waiting a couple of years for this, I feel so bad for those waiting a quarter of a century for a resolution. I'm really happy to hear that it's doing extremely well in viewership according to someone in the main thread.

Hex

Banned
Why did they give The Drifter a stronger showing on his debut than Nak? Miz even interfered at a point where it seemed like Samson had the upper hand and Dean just hit a desperation clothesline.

Miz is 100 times the worker as Ziggler, and the fact that they think Nakamura is teflon and nothing will stick and will always be over.

And like it'd be easy to say oh shes mostly wrestled Bliss a lot, but even her matches with Becky were kinda just there... And her promos are even worse

And Bayley and Becky both put on good/great matches with Bliss so in the end I just have to shrug and say it's on Mickie
I think she's fine but nothing special. Her vs Becky at Elimination Chamber is still the best singles SD women's division match yet.

Just caught up on the PPV finally, OOOOOMG JINDER!!! :D

Hardest working man in the company, finally rewarded.

100% natural.

All the racists in the crowd crying because he doesn't fit their image of what a WWE champion should look or sound like lolol.

I knew he could do it, the new American Dream, the Maharaja!

I think she's fine but nothing special. Her vs Becky at Elimination Chamber is still the best singles SD women's division match yet.

Hmm pretty slim pickings though tbh. I'd go with the initial Becky vs Bliss match that ended with Bliss tapping out despite being in the ropes.

Or the Charlotte vs Naomi title match.

Moving Mickie to Raw was such a mistake, turning her face even more so.

Raw was whatever, let's just move onto the Punjabi celebration already.
I feel like I should have a curry tonight to celebrate both our new WWE champ and UK champ.

Menome

Drifter has the look, Savage-esque. Ready for a Drifter tee already.

Shirt just needs to be black with a pattern of his scarf coming down from the neck.

As it's WWE what will actually happen is a shirt shouting: "DARE YOU WALK WITH THE DRIFTER?" and a crappy logo.

Probably WALK WITH ME on the back.

Slizz

Shirt just needs to be black with a pattern of his scarf coming down from the neck.

As it's WWE what will actually happen is a shirt shouting: "DARE YOU WALK WITH THE DRIFTER?" and a crappy logo.

Probably WALK WITH ME on the back.

Like a giant silhouette of him with the guitar or something awful.

Menome

Also B.J, I thankfully managed to scroll past your image-spoiler on Twitter for Episode 3 or 4. I thought we'd agreed that all of your social media presence was going to be suited to me, and me only?

Every scene involving
Gordon
in the 4th episode was amazing with many quotes.
"fix your heart or die!"

When he was so
quiet at the end of the 4th episode, and worried because he knew there was something not quite right with Cooper. That was so great. Albert being concerned, even outside of the reasons he gave was amazing too.

I am so happy with how this is going and can't wait to see where it ends up. It will be extremely painful waiting weeks for each episode.

I've already watched the first 4 episodes twice as well as rewatched Fire Walk With Me since yesterday..

Top Bottom