• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

anyone got that Randy Orton "oops" face gif from Backlash around?
PessimisticBitesizedDipper-size_restricted.gif

zruLUa0.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ty blue!

edit: thats not a gif! how do you embed those on gaf? :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I think airing 205 live immediately after smack down is a mistake. People are burnt out at that point. Change it from live to taped and air it on Thursday.

RBH

Their insistence on making 205

1) A live show
2) After the main SmackDown taping

are two things that could and should be fixed. Tape it before the SmackDown taping and then air it on Thursday.

Pikma

Banned
Sinclair has put the fear of god in WWE unlike any company I've seen anytime recently.
Yeah that shit is quite impressive

I mean, the fact there are at least 4 guys out there sitting on their hands waiting for WWE contracts is crazy in this day and age where they grab everyone they can as fast as they can

Suzuki's freelance. It's probably why he's never been booked for RevPro, but showed up in the UK for WCPW, of all people. No one knew who he was, so he looked like Virgil at the meet & greet, then during his match they fucking cut his fucking theme before the Kaze ni Nare bit. The last time he was abroad before that was for wXw and FWA in 2005, he and Marufuji defeated Doug Williams & Scorpio for the GHC tag belts in fucking Morecambe, of all places.

Suzuki's freelance. It's probably why he's never been booked for RevPro, but showed up in the UK for WCPW, of all people. No one knew who he was, so he looked like Virgil at the meet & greet, then during his match they fucking cut his fucking theme before the Kaze ni Nare bit. The last time he was abroad before that was for wXw and FWA in 2005, he and Marufuji defeated Doug Williams & Scorpio for the GHC tag belts in fucking Morecambe, of all places.

That's fucking outrageous... Kaze ni Nare is my favorite entrance element in wrestling right now...

Edit: Watching it they kept it in for his entrance but they had lowered his theme so low right before so the ring announcer could heard that when the volume came back there was no momentum for it... and then yeah cut it out of his victory celebration... like right when it was about to hit! Bush league

Suzuki's theme is my fav in wrestling right now.

Sad that no one knew who he was :'(

Holy shit I just watched his entrance from a NOAH show in 2015 where he brought in Ayumi Nakamura to do the song live... Incredible, best live theme song performance ever... She sings the intro Suzuki and all of Suzuki-gun come out, Suzuki fist bumps each of them, we get to the Kaze ni Nare part and Ayumi belts the fuck out of it and then Suzuki air first bumps her from the ring and she reciprocates... Fucking epic...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38026h_minoru-suzuki-c-vs-takashi-suigura-noah_sport

Go to 4:10 here and tell me this isn't the best thing ever

Hey Data, your boy made it: https://t.co/IzI2wMr9KX

"I didn't even want to accept his challenge this time. I don't know what gives him the right to challenge again. But you know New Japan, this crazy ass company, they'll bend over backwards for Tanahashi."

”Sooner or later, the IWGP championship will cross my path again," said Naito. ”Perhaps sooner, rather than later. It'll feel good to toss that thing around again.

”You asked me why Los Ingobernables de Japon is the most dominant group in the world? Maybe you can already guess my answer to that. You could worry all you want about how, or why we're the best. In the meantime, I'll be over here, tranquilo as ever."

Godbless Naito

Fucking Russo
Waltman was a firsthand witness to the over-expansion of the NWO, and he learned from that experience. He recalled a situation in WWE when head writer Vince Russo wanted to add Val Venis into DX, yet the group steadfastly refused.

“Russo wanted to put Val Venis in DX, but we said no,” said Waltman. “We stuck to our guns because he wasn’t right for DX. So, for Bullet Club, if New Japan or Ring of Honor wants Bullet Club to do something they don’t want to do, Bullet Club needs to remember this is their creation and their baby. Stick to your guns. If you feel like someone is not right, then don’t let it be done.”

Val Venis in DX?!

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/05/24/sean-waltman-bullet-club-cm-punk-val-venis

I think you can argue Bullet Club is two different things right now and not anywhere close to NWO level. I think Omega/Elite has done a good job of keeping themselves as their own entity within BC. It's definitely a little weak on the NJPW only side, but I can def. see some kind of split going on there. Elite becomes it's own faction with Omega, Bucks, Scurll & Rhodes while BC becomes Fale & co.

I never ever post opinion pieces from Meltzer, but this one needs to be shared because it's a really interesting examination of the discussion/argument Sanjuro and I had on Monday about whether NXT/WWE UK booking can work on a big stage like Raw or SD (wall of text warning):

Dave spends a lot of energy saying something that could be boiled down to 100 words. Regardless, 205 Live sucks because it went from an organic thing in CWC to a forced story. There is no reason 205 Live could not have told story in the way Progress does where it relies more heavily on in-ring action versus introducing scripted drama. Also doesn't help the name is just god awful.

I agree with whomever suggested combing the 205 Live show with NXT. Keep the cruiserweight belt on the main brand, but stop with all the specific branding.

Adree

I think you can argue Bullet Club is two different things right now and not anywhere close to NWO level. I think Omega/Elite has done a good job of keeping themselves as their own entity within BC. It's definitely a little weak on the NJPW only side, but I can def. see some kind of split going on there. Elite becomes it's own faction with Omega, Bucks, Scurll & Rhodes while BC becomes Fale & co.

Dave spends a lot of energy saying something that could be boiled down to 100 words. Regardless, 205 Live sucks because it went from an organic thing in CWC to a forced story. There is no reason 205 Live could not have told story in the way Progress does where it relies more heavily on in-ring action versus introducing scripted drama. Also doesn't help the name is just god awful.

I agree with whomever suggested combing the 205 Live show with NXT. Keep the cruiserweight belt on the main brand, but stop with all the specific branding.

205 Live was doomed as soon as Vince decided he was going to personally oversee it.

Sanjuro

I never ever post opinion pieces from Meltzer, but this one needs to be shared because it's a really interesting examination of the discussion/argument Sanjuro and I had on Monday about whether NXT/WWE UK booking can work on a big stage like Raw or SD (wall of text warning):

A lot of the same reservations I have are in there as well. I mean, I still get what your point of view is and why you would want to see similar products brought to the mass stage. I just don't think it's a smart move with the current ratings.

I feel like the Cruiserweight Division is a very small sample of injecting something new and nobody really cares.

Viper in the MYC would be cool. Also I should update the other promotions post a little.

Roll 205 Live, UK Show and NXT into one, one hour show.

enter the best hour of pro wrestling every week

instead of spreading shit waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too thin

You could do 2 hours easy with those rosters.

Boots and Flammable, tell me more about CCK and why they blew the lid in Chapter 48

Also noticed Dunne was being very Naito like with the belt throw. That said BSS always coming out in WWE apparel now and using wwe finishers is brilliant heel tactics.

Boots and Flammable, tell me more about CCK and why they blew the lid in Chapter 48

Ederavr.gif

One of the best tag teams going, Brookes has been a really solid singles guy who's flown under the radar for quite some time, so the past year or so's been sort of a break out year for him and Lykos (who's proving to be a pretty good young high flyer).

That's pretty awesome. Stoked to see where This goes.

I hope BSS doesn't completely jump because between their heel shit, Haskins coming back and Andrews & Banks getting super over Progress has found a really good stride.

Viper in the MYC would be cool. Also I should update the other promotions post a little.

You could do 2 hours easy with those rosters.

Aye, I hope Viper is in the MYC as well as KLR (I'd imagine she's pretty likely to be in it). The UK contingent should be pretty strong in the tournament at any rate. Especially if Cross and Newwell as well.

Also, no Martina no buys.

Top Bottom