• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

I wonder what Scurll's contract is like. Could be that it is an ROH partnership thing like Cody. They wouldn't push him too far through in that case, but yeah it does kinda suck.

Probably the same as The Young Bucks which didn't stop NJPW from pushing them.

It's just been such a waste of Scurll. It's really sad that the first thing he does post the big joining Bullet Club angle is have a mediocre showing at BOSJ... losing to Taichi looks especially stupid now

Afternoon Wrasslegaf
---------

So why did you guys choose the names you have?

the Empyrean Heaven is the highest point in Dante's Paradiso, where God resides. I just thought it sounded cool. I'm a big fan of Judeo-Christian apocryphal texts and external stories like the Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost, and how they tie into other myths. I've used Cocytus (the lowest circle of hell, where Satan resides) and Raguel (angel of justice) before also.

Yeah, he's done. It's a shame, but with so many top guys in A block (Ospreay, Lee, Ricochet, Hiromu) someone had to fall

...I just wish it was Taichi :(

I guess the story there is that Liger is going to beat Taichi and thus preventing Taichi from winning the block.

Because he has the tie break on everyone who isn't Ricochet/Takahashi...

So you figure the story goes Liger defeats Taichi
Scurll beats Ricochet to save face in this tournament
Which would then build into the main event of making Takahashi vs Ospreay be to determine the winner of Block A

Thing is there's Dragon Lee vs Taka in there which could mess all that up. In that if Lee beats Taka then Takahashi has no reason to try in the main event because he's already out, and he hates Dragon Lee so theoretically losing to Ospreay would screw Dragon Lee.

So maybe Dragon Lee loses to Taka... but like Taka is literally #LOLTAKALOSES so will that actually happen?

All I know is Scurll's big Japan debut amounted to basically nothing but a solid debut and that sucks.

Kurita

Afternoon Wrasslegaf
---------

That guy from Eyeshield 21
MaPRp5g.jpg

I guess the story there is that Liger is going to beat Taichi and thus preventing Taichi from winning the block.

Because he has the tie break on everyone who isn't Ricochet/Takahashi...

So you figure the story goes Liger defeats Taichi
Scurll beats Ricochet to save face in this tournament
Which would then build into the main event of making Takahashi vs Ospreay be to determine the winner of Block A

Thing is there's Dragon Lee vs Taka in there which could mess all that up. In that if Lee beats Taka then Takahashi has no reason to try in the main event because he's already out, and he hates Dragon Lee so theoretically losing to Ospreay would screw Dragon Lee.

So maybe Dragon Lee loses to Taka... but like Taka is literally #LOLTAKALOSES so will that actually happen?

All I know is Scurll's big Japan debut amounted to basically nothing but a solid debut and that sucks.

I expect Scurll will work more New Japan dates soon and go after the Jr. title, but right now he's got a TON of indy commitments worldwide. His time will come.

Tall4Life

When I was first making a YouTube account in 2007, it suggested to make my username *myshootfirstname*4life, didn't want to use my real name, so I put tall4life instead because i am very tall

There's bound to be one upset in the undercard in the final day of Block A be it Liger beating Taichi (as if that's an upset), Scurll beating Ricochet or Taka beating Lee

Because if all of Taichi, Ricochet and Lee win it's a clusterfuck...

Because Taichi has the tie break on: Lee, Ospreay
Lee has the tie break on: Takahashi, Ricochet
Ricochet has the tie break on: Takahashi, Taichi
Takahashi the tie break on: Taichi
Ospreay the tie break on: Ricochet, Lee

So if Ospreay, Lee, Taichi, Ricochet all end up tied: None can claim to be the rightful winner

If Takahashi, Lee, Taichi, Ricochet all end up tied: None can claim to be the rightful winner.

That said this actually could be the plan... there is no other match announced for the BOSJ Live Finals Show (and this show is deemed important enough to be part of the English Commentary series) other than the BOSJ finals match. With both sides so close, maybe you end up with 4 men clusterfucks on each side and as a result you have a one day single elimination tournament within the tournament which works: it'd take 7 matches (A block "semis" and Finals is 3, B block "semis" and finals makes 6 matches and the finals a 7th), factor in a Young Lions match to open the show and voila there's your 8 match card.

My heart is beating fast and my eye sight is a little blurry

It sounds like a panic attack to me, mate. Blurry vision can be a symptom of tachycardia which is common in anxiety disorder (especially when exhausted and having gone through long term stress, which also brings on panic attacks). If you are really worried, you can always go to ER or a doctor.

When I am at the peak of a panic attack I breathe in, slowly, for 4 seconds. Hold my breathe for 4 seconds, then breathe out for 4 seconds. After 5-10 minutes or so, you should feel better. Then just try and focus on the sensation of your breath going in and out. Thoughts pop up, let them go and go back to being aware of the feeling of your breath. Keep that up for a bit and you will feel even better again after a bit.

Doing that for 20-30 minutes each morning or even before bed (or both) can do wonders for maintaining some type of calm throughout each day.

Slizz

When everyone had 4 points all at once in the B-block you knew something weird was going to happen with results after that.

That being said, he came in almost already over the first day, woop woops everywhere. Now Marty has a selfie in the NJPW store with his Villain Club shirt in the background. Think his next foray in to the NJPW will be a more fruitful one. He had a recent post talking about getting back his ROH belt.......

When everyone had 4 points all at once in the B-block you knew something weird was going to happen with results after that.

That being said, he came in almost already over the first day, woop woops everywhere. Now Marty has a selfie in the NJPW store with his Villain Club shirt in the background. Think his next foray in to the NJPW will be a more fruitful one. He had a recent post talking about getting back his ROH belt.......

I think so too. It is a shame to see how it panned out for Scurll this time, but I also don't really blame NJPW for being somewhat hesitant about getting fully behind foreign wrestlers given the last year or so. Depending on what Scurll does from here, it probably will be way better next time.

I'm curious about where this is going for Liger.

Yeah maybe Kushida vs Scurll at Dominion...

Kushida and Taguchi is a must watch match if you guys get the chance. NJPW juniors now have such a diversity of styles, totally different feel from a Rico/Ospreay or Himoru/Dragon Lee style bout.

Nice, totally watching in a bit. My first impression was that he was sort of corny, but Taguchi can definitely go.

Afternoon Wrasslegaf
---------

I wanted something utterly meaningless. I was eating wild rice at the time.

What are we gaming on this lovely Memorial Day? I finished Prey. It was aight. I wish ARMS was out. Had a good ol time with the testpunch. Like a very fun 90s arcade game in your living room.

Nice, totally watching in a bit. My first impression was that he was sort of corny, but Taguchi can definitely go.

I wanted something utterly meaningless. I was eating wild rice at the time.

What are we gaming on this lovely Memorial Day? I finished Prey. It was aight. I wish ARMS was out. Had a good ol time with the testpunch. Like a very fun 90s arcade game in your living room.

Taguchi is the best, have no doubt (which people often do)!

It isn't Memorial Day here, but I spent today playing Trackmania Stadium 2, Battle Brothers, Beat Cop and Duskers.

Foggy

This six man tag with LIJ vs Juice, Ricochet, and a young lion is really fun

Oh and username came from the day's weather when I signed up.

I just went to the ER yesterday with the same symptoms. Panic attack, the worst of my life.

Sorry to hear you went through that, Man God. Been there myself a couple of times.

Anxiety is a cunt of a thing. I've been dealing with it for over 20 years now and even still, the difficult thing can be recognizing the symptoms and thoughts as being "just anxiety", instead of being wound up in whatever fear or phobia is presenting itself at the time.

Meditation and practicing mindfulness really does help. It can be hard though, sometimes there is other stuff to deal with as well which can be pretty unpleasant.

The mind is a weird thing. Without going into too much personal stuff, from the time I was about 5 or 6 years old I used to vomit multiple times a night from severe anxiety, worried my parents were going to leave. A few years later I found out I was adopted (which I am consciously, totally fine with). Why would I worry so intensely about stuff like that as a kid when I was totally unaware of it though? I find that type of thing pretty interesting.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This was maybe the fourth one I had in my life. Two of them were accompanied with asthma attacks when I was still super young and I got one two years ago from taking sleep aids for too long. This one was ten times worse and I did have real chest pains along with the artery in my neck feeling like it was coming out. Got some blood work and a couple of EKGs and the cardiologist says no heart damage so I'm fine.

Beefy

Sorry to hear you went through that, Man God. Been there myself a couple of times.

Anxiety is a cunt of a thing. I've been dealing with it for over 20 years now and even still, the difficult thing can be recognizing the symptoms and thoughts as being "just anxiety", instead of being wound up in whatever fear or phobia is presenting itself at the time.

Meditation and practicing mindfulness really does help. It can be hard though, sometimes there is other stuff to deal with as well which can be pretty unpleasant.

The mind is a weird thing. Without going into too much personal stuff, from the time I was about 5 or 6 years old I used to vomit multiple times a night from severe anxiety, worried my parents were going to leave. A few years later I found out I was adopted (which I am consciously, totally fine with). Why would I worry so intensely about stuff like that as a kid when I was totally unaware of it though? I find that type of thing pretty interesting.
Yeah learning breathing techniques is a big help.

Top Bottom