• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's is selling 50cent double cheeseburgers (no limit) today and Friday only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-and-friday/ar-AA151drc?ocid=FinanceShimLayer
The latest deal at McDonald's lets you make it a double – double cheeseburger, that is, for only 50 cents.

Double cheeseburgers usually cost $2.89. But on Thursday and Friday, you can get the sandwich for 50 cents each when you order within the fast food chain's app and pick your order up. (For a limited time at participating locations and while supplies last.)

The deal is part of McDonald's SZN of Sharing promotion, which runs through Dec. 25. In addition to daily deals, each time you order in the app, you increase your chances of winning a McDonald’s for Life prize – the winner gets two free meals weekly for 50 years. You can enter without purchasing in the app, too, by opting into MyMcDonald’s Rewards.

Got to check your McDonald's app and see if your locations participate, you'll notice the price change if it does when you go to Double Chessburger on the app. You can only use it one time daily, so if you buy 4 of them and you really wanted 5 you'll have to buy the 5th one separately at full price.

A quick way to get diabetes or to stock up your fridge. Get yourself a few days of burgers to microwave, or bring with you to work.

Pejo

I remember when they did the 25 cent cheeseburgers back in the early 2000s on Sundays or something. I was in a band at the time and we used to go after practice and just get a table full of their best worm meat burgers and chow down.

That's a pretty insanely good deal for 2022, if you like their burgers.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Those double cheeseburgers are trash though. The quarterpounder patty is the only decent piece of meat over at McDonalds and I guess maybe the fish fillet patty.

Dural

Thread title indicates there is no limit, the limit is 1 burger for $0.50 per day in the app. The BOGO Big Mac from yesterday was a better deal.

Anyone else remember when they added the McDouble to the menu because they didn't want to sell the double cheeseburger for $0.99? Now they're both $2.50+.

Last edited:
Thread title indicates there is no limit, the limit is 1 burger for $0.50 per day in the app. The BOGO Big Mac from yesterday was a better deal.

The article implied that the burgers were 50cents each, and the ad by Mcdoanlds says you and a bestie can both get a burger for 50cents.

If it turns out it's only one actual burger, than that's really strange marketing and I have no idea what McDonalds is thinking. Why would you and a bestie share the same burger? That wouldn't be a bestie in that case more like a spouse or romance partner lol.

Last edited:

Dural

The article implied that the burgers were 50cents each, and the ad by Mcdoanlds says you and a bestie can both get a burger for 50cents.

If it turns out it's only one actual burger, than that's really strange marketing and I have no idea what McDonalds is thinking. Why would you and a bestie share the same burger? That wouldn't be a bestie in that case more like a spouse or romance partner lol.

Yeah, I've seen the ads and articles for a couple days now expecting, like you, that we could get multiple for that price. The way they were advertising it certainly seemed that way. It's really no better than their normal offers in the app.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
50 cent laughing GIF

DanteFox

You and bestie both need the app.

Yeah, I've seen the ads and articles for a couple days now expecting, like you, that we could get multiple for that price. The way they were advertising it certainly seemed that way. It's really no better than their normal offers in the app.

Just when you almost think McDoanlds had a good idea they screw it up. lol.

If this is so than the 25cent Big Mac from months ago was a bigger deal, why would McDonalds push this deal in the press for one burger? Corporate must be drinking again lol.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've never used the McD's app. Is it like most others, place your order and then just pick it up from the drive thru?

I know the local Wendy's forces everyone to pick up inside for some reason.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
You think they are using cows? Lab meat is popular these days, genetic food is how we don't run out of meat when there isn't enough animals, or apples on a tree for apple juice.

That's why the real stuff in the store costs 5x more.
lol wat
no, they may add filler to it but its still cow.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Pretty good deals. Looks like they are going to run the same deals next-next week as well. I can't remember the last time I've eaten there tho.

EDIT: It is limit 1 per day AND "may not be available" for the restaurant you select. a complete scam.

1pub_Deals_Week1_1168x520.jpg

1pub_Deals_Week2_1168x520.jpg

1pub_Deals_Week3_1168x520.jpg

Last edited:
I've never used the McD's app. Is it like most others, place your order and then just pick it up from the drive thru?

I know the local Wendy's forces everyone to pick up inside for some reason.

You also earn points with an unbalanced systems so which will allow you to redeem them for free stuff in tiers.

$15 spend will get you a chocie of an ice cream cone, a mchicken, a regular chesse burger, or one hasbrown.

$30 spent gets you a mid tier sandwhich

$50 spend gets you the best sandwhiches and a large fry.

I might have the prices wrong after 15 but that's what I remember. $15 = 1500 "points" $20 = 2000 "points" etc.

Pretty good deals. Looks like they are going to run the same deals next-next week as well. I can't remember the last time I've eaten there tho.

1pub_Deals_Week1_1168x520.jpg

1pub_Deals_Week2_1168x520.jpg

1pub_Deals_Week3_1168x520.jpg

Some of those deals aren't knew though, smh McDonald's what are you doin.

I like how the contest is to win McDonald's for life, and then they define "life" as "50 years" lmao.

Can't make this shit up.

Yeah, they forgot to account for the diabetes, which will drop that to 35-40 lol.

Raven117

They used to to have 25 (or was is 39 cent?) cheeseburgers back in the early 2000’s like in Tuesday or something.

lachesis

Back in Iowa, in 90s... they used to have Burger King promotion - that colder it gets, cheaper the whoppers are.
Used to drive there on very very very cold days and get them for cheap, and freeze it for later consumption.

But I'm no spring chick anymore, and these days the fast food burgers seem to upset my stomach easier than not... :(

Tams

I like McDonald's, had it last night even.

But the food there is shitty low quality apart from the fries that can be decent. Only the various sauces on everything really make it 'good'.

Get yourself a few days of burgers to microwave, or bring with you to work.

Or learn how to make a fucking sandwich at the very least. Don't eat some soggy burger that was shit before you shoved it in a microwave.

Rockondevil

Do they do triple cheeseburgers over there yet? I was there in like 2011 and they didn’t even know what it was, I was livid.
How could Australia have it for so long but the home of McDonalds couldn’t understand the concept of it.

TheContact

The McDonald’s app saves you SO much money and it’s way more convenient to order. They had a deal going for about a month where you got a free chicken sandwich (I chose the spicy one) as long as you spent $1. So I’d buy a medium unsweetened iced tea and the whole order would come out to $1.65. Got sad when they took that deal down. Those $1.65 lunches were great.

Toots

Gold Member
They have rotten stock to dump, the same way your dealer sometimes gives you 2 ounces for the price of 1...

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-and-friday/ar-AA151drc?ocid=FinanceShimLayer

Got to check your McDonald's app and see if your locations participate, you'll notice the price change if it does when you go to Double Chessburger on the app. You can only use it one time daily, so if you buy 4 of them and you really wanted 5 you'll have to buy the 5th one separately at full price.

A quick way to get diabetes or to stock up your fridge. Get yourself a few days of burgers to microwave, or bring with you to work.
That's a throwback. You seem to have an archive of articles or news clippings from yesteryears. Do you know what year that was the standard for a double cheeseburger at McDonald's.

I remember a special back in the early 2000's. I had this friend who bought two double cheeseburgers, left them on his dash for like 3 days and ended up friggin eating them! And he didn't die!

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I want to do it but with only one hamburger-patty. Is anyone else like this? For some reason, I can handle one fine, but two grosses me out. I'm not saying it's logical.

Do they do triple cheeseburgers over there yet? I was there in like 2011 and they didn’t even know what it was, I was livid.
How could Australia have it for so long but the home of McDonalds couldn’t understand the concept of it.

In the US triple cheeseburger is now a listed menu item in the app now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom