• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's bringing back 2 for $5 deal, adding triple cheeseburger to selection list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear every time I go to McDonald's they have changed the "two for whatever" to a different price and to include different items. I feel like a moron at the drive thru because I don't immediately know what I want.

McDouble remains uncrowned king of cheapass post gym snack for anyone trying to bulk.

22 grams of protein for approx. $1.35
22 ÷ 1.35 = 16 grams of protein per dollar.

Triple cheeseburger 32 grams protein
32 grams ÷ $2.50 = 12 grams per dollar
bulking.jpg

It's still only $2 here for the McPick 2. Woah bubba, the savings im getting. haha

It depends on the market and the franchisees. Most have some variation of the 2 for $5 with the higher-end items and will have either a 2 for $3 with low-to-mid tier stuff or a 2 for $2 with dollar-menu has-beens.

I bounce back and forth between NE Ohio and NW Pennsylvania and the stores in OH always have the 2 for $2 but the ones in PA have the 2 for $3.

Personally I prefer the 2 for $3 because of the medium fries. I can get a decent sandwich or 6 nugs plus fries for $3 and that's plenty.

Edit: 6 nuggets not 10 in the 2 for $3

20 nugz up in my dump truck for only 5 dizzy?

Dey still phullin' dat 3 sawce bullshit? Barbecue, Barbecue, Buffalo or BB&B as they know at my mickey-Ds

ReAxion

Is there a banner ad or coupon code I can enter on Xia's behalf for when I eventually go to McDonalds some time this week?

Considering the quality of many protein supplements, it's actually a valid strat to eat some cheap fast food for your protein instead of spending more on non-regulated stuff.

However if you're like me you're already bulky and need to trim down, so I don't really need any kind of extra protein intake.

20 nugz up in my dump truck for only 5 dizzy?

Dey still phullin' dat 3 sawce bullshit? Barbecue, Barbecue, Buffalo or BB&B as they know at my mickey-Ds

2 Packets per 10 is usually how our store did it when I worked there. 3 is just stiffing you.

this_guy

I just want to add that yesterday I got a free chicken biscuit from Chick Fil A for breakfast and followed it up with 50cent hotdogs at Sonic. I felt bad about myself afterwards.

I went to McDonald's for the first time in like 8 months and got two McPick 2 quarter pounders before seeing this thread.

I did not get the streetpass hits I had wanted for the new Mii Plaza games.

Disappointment all around.

The triple cheeseburger is $2 at my McDonalds and is always around. So this does nothing for me. I'll stick to my 2 triple cheeseburgers, one hot and spicy, large fries and a coke as my standard meal

Didn't they just add the double cheeseburger to the 2 for $3 deal this is replacing? This is a much worse deal, and RIP spicy McChicken at my McDonald's.

Not as good as the last go-round, but better than nothing. I'd love to know how much sales dipped after the 2 for $5 deal ended. I used to go occasionally during that deal and the completely stopped when it ended.

McDouble remains uncrowned king of cheapass post gym snack for anyone trying to bulk.

What about McDouble vs whey protein powder?

Rootbeer

Banned
Man, i wish McDonald's would stop overvaluing their chicken sandwiches.

Please add a chicken sandwich (not a mcchicken, their better ones) to the $5 deal!

Korey

Uhhhh the triple cheeseburger was already 2.49 before this "deal".

I have the price saved in a doc from last year when I was comparing price per calories.

I hope people aren't falling for this shitty promo.

Kusagari

I don't understand why I would want two of these items for the same price I could get an entire meal elsewhere.

This is a horrible promo to compete with the $4/5 meals at competitors.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom

Damn McDouble or Double Cheeseburgers are almost twice the price in Canada.. :(

Lamel

Banned
They have had this for a while in NYC. They just replaced the big mac with the quarter pounder. 2 big macs for $5 is an awesome deal.

They also have a McPick 2 for $3 menu.

Also I am glad people appreciate the superiority of the Filet-o-fish.

Uhhhh the triple cheeseburger was already 2.49 before this "deal".

I have the price saved in a doc from last year when I was comparing price per calories.

I hope people aren't falling for this shitty promo.

The triple cheeseburger is only $2 here, so it makes this an even worse deal with it being the substitute for the higher priced Big Mac.

KFC 5 dollar fillup is by far the best "x for 4/5/whatever" deal in fast food.

Just saw they're doing one now with 2 chicken littles, humina humina.

(They come with a medium sized mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuit, cookie and drink for the uninitiated. There's also the famous bowl and pot pie ones that only add the cookie and drink.)

johnsmith

remember me
KFC 5 dollar fillup is by far the best "x for 4/5/whatever" deal in fast food.

Just saw they're doing one now with 2 chicken littles, humina humina.

(They come with a medium sized mashed potatoes & gravy, biscuit, cookie and drink for the uninitiated. There's also the famous bowl and pot pie ones that only add the cookie and drink.)

Popeyes tho

hero-small.jpg

TrounceX

Not seeing the value in this deal.

Right now you can get a 1/4 pounder and 6 piece nuggets with the 2 for $3 deal. This would add $2 for 4 nuggets. Even if we're going for max value it would have to be 2 triple cheeseburgers, but at that point why not just get like 5 mcdoubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom