• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King offering new Extra Long Philly Cheeseburger for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/03/burger-king-adds-new-extra-long-philly-cheeseburger.html

Available for a limited time, the new burger features two flame-grilled beef patties, American cheese, fried onions, and a "creamy cheesy sauce" on a toasted hoagie-style bun. The chain offered something similar but with a long chicken patty in the past.

Like previous limited-time variations on the Extra Long Cheeseburger, the Extra Long Philly Cheeseburger has been added to the chain's 2 for $5 Mix & Match deal

Nutritional Info - Burger King Extra Long Philly Cheeseburger (232g)
Calories - 520 (from Fat - 230)
Fat - 26g (Saturated Fat - 12g)
Sodium - 1020mg
Carbs - 46g (Sugars - 8g)
Protein - 28g

0NkOuFb.jpg

HUELEN10

I will go buy one of those plain, no cheese, with lettuce, tomato, onion, and friend onions in a heartbeat.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The chain offered something similar but with a long chicken patty in the past.

Who was the brainchild that decided to try swapping out the chicken sandwich's patty out with burger meat? Deserves a medal.

Are these extra long burgers a thing? Like are they actually popular with the kids? I have not been to a burger king in like 5 years, and I just had an old fashioned whopper.

Moonlight

Banned
Already know how this is gonna go down:

10% Done: "Hey, this is pretty good."
30% Done: "Hmm, this isn't going down great."
50% Done: "i think i've made a mistake"
55% Done: "i've made a huge mistake"
70% Done: "this is the worst mistake I've ever made"
80% Done: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
100% Done: "maybe I'll order this again later"

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I tried an "extra long" cheeseburger once from BK. It's basically like someone took apart a McDouble and put the patties side by side, on a bun that is too large for them. Would not reccomend.

ascii42

I tried an "extra long" cheeseburger once from BK. It's basically like someone took apart a McDouble and put the patties side by side, on a bun that is too large for them. Would not reccomend.

Yeah, I had the extra long BBQ cheeseburger, and it was basically like eating two rodeo burgers, only more expensive. Rodeo burgers are $1, and it was $2.70.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Who was the brainchild that decided to try swapping out the chicken sandwich's patty out with burger meat? Deserves a medal.

It doesn't use a long beef patty. It uses two small beef patties. It's a glorified jr double cheeseburger.

mackattk

If you guys don't know the magic that is the coupon on the back of the receipt, get on it. Best deal in fast food hands down.

HwKmmPK.jpg

I splurged the extra 40 cents on cheese, otherwise it would have been something like $2.83 after tax.

SeanC

Philly Cheeseburger?

Is Philly known for their cheeseburgers? Cheesesteaks absolutely, but what is a Philly Cheeseburger? Is it made of white bread and tears of Eagles fans?

Phu

Banned
I might actually try this if I get the chance [probably not going out specifically for this].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom