• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's joins BK on the upgrade bandwagon with new Giant Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wendy's Introduces New Giant Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger

Featuring twice the beef patties, bacon, and American cheese of the original, along with lettuce, tomato, and mayo, the new burger can be had in a $5 combo meal along with 4-piece chicken nuggets, small fries, and a small drink at participating Wendy's restaurants (It's basically the chain's 4 for $4 deal with a bigger burger for an extra buck).

Interestingly, Wendy's has never offered a regular "Bacon Cheeseburger" although you can have bacon added to any of their burgers. Then again they don't serve a regular-sized version of any of their other Jr. burgers either (except for the Jr.Cheeseburger Deluxe, which is a smaller version of the Dave's Single).

0rmFYIc.jpg

This escalation NEEDS to stop.
We are one heart attack inducing burger monstrosity away from the Franchise Wars.

Will cooler heads prevail or are we doomed to a bleak future where only Taco Bell survives?

norm9

Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers are generally small as heck, like 3 bites to finish, so this will be a welcomed addition to the value menu.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
$5? Meh.

Got some 85% lean beef patties from Costco. Salt and pepper only. Cooked them to medium. Tossed some bacon into the pan. Fried them bits.

Delish. Wendy's can't compare to that.

$5? Meh.

Got some 85% lean beef patties from Costco. Salt and pepper only. Cooked them to medium. Tossed some bacon into the pan. Fried them bits.

If those burgers are frozen you should definetly be NOT eating them medium. Only cook medium for ground chuck you can source.

MJPIA

Had one for lunch today, it was good.
And since the meal was ordered without the nuggets or bun because of allergies they gave me medium fries for free and I topped it off with their delicious Dave's Orange creme soda.
Was a good lunch, especially for $5.

Ebris

Wendy's used to have the Big Bacon Classic, which was effectively a bacon cheeseburger. It also had a really good kaiser bun, vs. the crap we have now. Much better burger than the baconator.

RS4-

Had one for lunch today, it was good.

And since the meal was ordered without the nuggets or bun because of allergies they gave me medium fries for free and I topped it off with their delicious Dave's Orange creme soda.
Was a good lunch, especially for $5.

Lol did they really just skimp out on the lettuce since that is what replaced the bun?

gabbo

Wendy's used to have the Big Bacon Classic, which was effectively a bacon cheeseburger. It also had a really good kaiser bun, vs. the crap we have now. Much better burger than the baconator.
They dont have the Big Bacon Classic anymore :O? Its been a while since ive been to one

MJPIA

Lol did they really just skimp out on the lettuce since that is what replaced the bun?

There was a large piece of lettuce on top and bottom and it worked well.
A lot better than what burger king or McDonalds do for their burgers without buns.

ItIsOkBro

when $4 gets you a bacon cheese, 4 nuggets, small fries and small drink...

$1 more for another patty, slice of cheese, and tomato and some lettuce seems like a rip off

this is the DLC of burgers

norm9

when $4 gets you a bacon cheese, 4 nuggets, small fries and small drink...

$1 more for another patty, slice of cheese, and tomato and some lettuce seems like a rip off

this is the DLC of burgers

In their defense, they put alot of lettuce on their burgers that I usually end up pulling that shit out. You get a good quality/quantity ratio with their food.

old

The sandwich itself is $2.99 at my local franchise. Two separate JBC would be $3.38. Had it. It was decent. The balance of flavor was a bit off. If I had it again I'd ask for extra lettuce and tomato.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If those burgers are frozen you should definetly be NOT eating them medium. Only cook medium for ground chuck you can source.

Sometimes you gotta live a little. That slight chance you could die is where the flavor comes from.

rambis

Banned
$5? Meh.

This burns what 20 mins? No thanks.

I still think the regular 4 for 4 plus a crispy chicken is a better deal.

Top Bottom