• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's Japan to offer new low-carb Wild Rock burger, uses two burger patties as buns

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2017/08/wendys-serves-up-new-beef-bun-burger-in-japan.html

Perhaps eschewing the whole point of burgers and sandwiches in general, Wendy's latest burger over in Japan features two of the chain's signature square beef burger patties serving as the "bun."

Calling it the "Wild Rock," the new burger is marketed as a low-carb option. In between the two patties there's tomato, green leaf lettuce, bacon, eggs, and tartar sauce.

The price on the Wild Rock is 650 yen (~$5.82 US). For comparison's sake, a double-patty Baconator goes for 770 yen in Japan.

QsQMtKe.png

Chris R

Ditch the tartar sauce and add two slices of cheese please!!!

Though Wendy's does a really good job of making their sandwiches bunless when requested, it's just a ton of plastic :(

MJPIA

I've been doing this for years at McDonald's with their big mac so I'd love something like that to come stateside.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Bring that to America and I've got a new lunch spot.

ApharmdX

Banned
I'll skip the egg and tartar sauce but this would be right up my alley. I may try something like this myself at home, actually.

5taquitos

The Japanese fascination with eggs on a burger I'll never truly understand.
It's not just a Japanese thing, eggs on burgers are fucking amazing. The local largest pub chain in my state has a specialty burger with a fried egg that has been on the menu for decades and is their most popular burger.

- J - D -

It's not just a Japanese thing, eggs on burgers are fucking amazing. The local largest pub chain in my state has a specialty burger with a fried egg that has been on the menu for decades and is their most popular burger.

Def not a Japanese thing. Nearly every non-chain burger joint I go to has at least one burger with an egg in it. Its really good.

At least from my travels it's a continental Europe thing too. Bothered the hell out of me as a kid but I can see the appeal now.

Okay, but I've noticed it more on ads for Japanese burgers. It's like hot dog on a pizza.

Top Bottom