• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King New Zealand offering the Full Meaty: a beef. chicken, and bacon burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/08/...t-lovers-with-chicken-beef-bacon-burgers.html

Calling it their new "Meatatarian Range," Burger King offers a series of burgers filled with bacon, beef, and chicken over in New Zealand.

The headline burger for the line, the Full Meaty, features two flame-grilled beef patties, a crispy chicken patty, six slices of bacon, two slices of cheese, barbecue sauce, mayo, and onions on a toasted sesame seed bun.

UTW3Ob5.jpg

If you're not ready to go Full Meaty, there's also the Half Meaty, which includes the same ingredients minus a beef patty and slice of cheese.

The selection is rounded out by the Chicken Bacon Meaty, which is like the Full Meaty but with a second crispy chicken patty in place of a beef patty.

RkfpmxQ.jpg

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'd try one with a single patty, one slice of cheese, the chicken patty, onions, mayo and BBQ sauce but the second beef patty, cheese slice, and bacon is a bit too much.

Edit: Basically the Half Meaty but without the bacon.

Sounds like a poor mans Land, Sea and Air burger.

mcdonalds-land-sea-and-air-.jpg

Where is this from?

Anyway, the great thing about New Zealand fast food is that the ingredients (namely the meat) are a far superior quality than what you get in the US (seriously, KFC over there would blow your Popeye's worshipping minds). So I can imagine that (in the OP) being quite tasty.

DJ_Lae

Worth trying just for the novelty, although I can't imagine you gain much by having the chicken and beef together.

Couldn't find the nutritional information on their site, as it's not included in the list right now. I did, however find this interesting burger while there:

8Igg3nD.png

Worth trying just for the novelty, although I can't imagine you gain much by having the chicken and beef together.

Couldn't find the nutritional information on their site, as it's not included in the list right now. I did, however find this interesting burger while there:

8Igg3nD.png

Are those chicken nuggets? genius

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyway, the great thing about New Zealand fast food is that the ingredients (namely the meat) are a far superior quality than what you get in the US (seriously, KFC over there would blow your Popeye's worshipping minds). So I can imagine that (in the OP) being quite tasty.

How bad is US fast food, New Zealand (& Australia) KFC is by no means good quality chicken.

I will say the beef quality is consistently decent, until drenched in oil and fat.

How bad is US fast food, New Zealand (& Australia) KFC is by no means good quality chicken.

I will say the beef quality is consistently decent, until drenched in oil and fat.

I had one of my brother's youth group friends down there say the same thing a couple years back (even says he's knew a couple of people who got sick). The local chickens down there are fed and taken care of better and it makes a world of difference in taste. Plus, compared to the experience I've had at my local KFC, I've had much better service too. Even the KFC at the Christchurch airport has provided me better service and food than I've gotten at KFC here in the States (and not ridiculously overpriced like LAX)

mrkgoo

When I was in US, KFC was not so great to me. The meat seemed kind of artificially juicy.

That said I really liked Carls Jr and Baja Fresh.

8Igg3nD.png
God is real. And he's facing the struggle

ZeroX03

Banned
I had one of my brother's youth group friends down there say the same thing a couple years back (even says he's knew a couple of people who got sick). The local chickens down there are fed and taken care of better and it makes a world of difference in taste. Plus, compared to the experience I've had at my local KFC, I've had much better service too. Even the KFC at the Christchurch airport has provided me better service and food than I've gotten at KFC here in the States (and not ridiculously overpriced like LAX)

KFC must be pretty awful in the States then, because it's already probably the worst in NZ for quality and customer service as far as the major outlets go. Very far behind McDonald's.

Where is this from?

The reason Popeyes is better is not meat quality. It just tastes better and has better sides.

Recreat3

Beetroot on burgers is pretty much a staple in local "fish abd chip" shops in aus..all the old blokes will tell you they are the best burgers you can ever eat but they are very wrong.

The reason Popeyes is better is not meat quality. It just tastes better and has better sides.

Nah, Popeye's is drier than sand. Their spices and flavors are good, but their cooking and preparation is TERRIBLE. I think Popeye's could make a killing if they opened in New Zealand though. Better chicken supply and employees who can actually give a damn.

Skux

New Zealander here, the difference in meat quality against the US is immediately noticeable. Beef especially. Cows taste much better when they eat grass and not corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom