• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King takes on Wendy's Baconator with new half-pound Bacon King burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Burger King Launches New Bacon King Burger

Burger King's latest burger is the new Bacon King, which features a half-pound of flame-grilled beef and six slices of thick-cut bacon and is available at participating locations.

In addition to the two quarter-pound beef patties and bacon, the burger also includes two slices of American cheese, ketchup, and mayo on a toasted sesame seed bun.

It sounds a bit like Burger King's somewhat-late answer to Wendy's Baconator, which has been around for some time now

No word yet on pricing but I expect it to be somewhere north of $5 (Update 10/11/16 - The suggested price on the burger is $5.99).

Nutritional Info - Burger King Bacon King Burger (327g)
Calories - 1040 (from Fat - 630)
Fat - 69g (Saturated Fat - 28g)
Sodium - 1900mg
Carbs - 48g (Sugar - 10g)
Protein - 57g

QeV2tl2.jpg

Malajax

I had this the other day. It replaced their A1 Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger (at least in my area). It's about the same burger aside from the lack of A1 sauce and onions.

In terms of taste or quality, it's nowhere near the baconator. I thought of it as a BK's version of the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
$6 is a rip.

I used to work at BK ages ago, and the quad stacker (four patties, four slices of cheese, 8 strips of bacon) was only $5.

Hazmat

Bacon on burgers is always disappointing to me. I've never seen the appeal, particularly with the awful bacon you get at fast food places.

When you stain Review Brah's suit, I can't fuck with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg-v2sXp3XE

Idk man, I love and trust Review Brah more than any other YouTube food reviewer, but I think he may have been a bit too critical on this one. His only real complaint was the amount of mayonnaise on the burger, which I'm not doubtful would be an issue at most places. And if something like that really worries you, you can just ask for it without mayonnaise. At Burger King you can have it your way, after all.

Not sure why everyone here is hyping up Wendy's so much. The first time I went to a Wendy's I was somewhere in Georgia on a trip to Florida. I was only maybe seven at the time, but I remember it all so vividly. I went to the bathroom before ordering food, and was shocked to see literal poop smeared all over the walls. Like, multiple poops everywhere. There was piss all over the floor as well. Needless to say it spoiled my appetite.

Fast forward many years later, I decided to give them a try again (after all, it may have just been a Georgia thing). I'm biting into some of their fries, kind of digging it, when I get this weird after taste. I don't think too much of it, and keep eating. The aftertaste doesn't go away, and only gets stronger.Then I realize: this taste like actual poop. I know people like to toss around the phrase, "this taste like shit" - but no, this tasted like physical shit. As if I was putting feces into my mouth. Now, I've never actually eaten poop, mind you, but if I were to eat poop, this is what I imagine it would taste like. They say that most of what you taste correlates to what you smell, so I feel like this is a fair assessment. My guess is that whoever was handling the fries took a shit and didn't wash his hands, and so everything he touched for the rest of the day had shit particles on it.

Don't eat at Wendy's.

norm9

Not sure why everyone here is hyping up Wendy's so much. The first time I went to a Wendy's I was somewhere in Georgia on a trip to Florida. I was only maybe seven at the time, but I remember it all so vividly. I went to the bathroom before ordering food, and was shocked to see literal poop smeared all over the walls. Like, multiple poops everywhere. There was piss all over the floor as well. Needless to say it spoiled my appetite.

Fast forward many years later, I decided to give them a try again (after all, it may have just been a Georgia thing). I'm biting into some of their fries, kind of digging it, when I get this weird after taste. I don't think too much of it, and keep eating. The aftertaste doesn't go away, and only gets stronger.Then I realize: this taste like actual poop. I know people like to toss around the phrase, "this taste like shit" - but no, this tasted like physical shit. As if I was putting feces into my mouth. Now, I've never actually eaten poop, mind you, but if I were to eat poop, this is what I imagine it would taste like. They say that most of what you taste correlates to what you smell, so I feel like this is a fair assessment. My guess is that whoever was handling the fries took a shit and didn't wash his hands, and so everything he touched for the rest of the day had shit particles on it.

Don't eat at Wendy's.

The simplest answer is you had poop smeared under your nose. Can't blame Wendy's for that.

Don't eat at Wendy's.

Is this a copy pasta lol?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
why would i buy that when I could just get a Texas Double Whopper? That shit has bacon and jalapenos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom