• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: Mario & Pokemon coming within 6 months of NX launch, 3rd parties, exec comment

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
G-Game Freak?!?

Ok, if this is true, it HAS to be a port of Sun and Moon

Santar

Sigh, they should have Mario ready at launch not (up to) six months later.
It would be a lot more impactful at launch.
I really hope we're not looking at another lackluster launch lineup.

Oregano

Nintendo portable between PS3 and PS4 in power?

Yes please.

Nintendo portable with the best Nintendo lineup ever?

Yes please.

Nintendo portable I can hook up to a TV?

Yes please.

NX might be my favourite system ever by the sounds of it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
As expected - NX launch window lineup will probably nuts. Hype.

Forkball

When your portable console is also your home console, what's the difference?

I do think it makes sense for Pokemon to be a port though, would be kinda crazy for them to pump out two Pokemon games in such a short period of time.

ORAS came out one year after Pokemon XY. We almost always get some sort of Pokemon RPG yearly, whether it be a new game, remake, or third version.

If we are getting a Pokemon RPG, In order of likeliness I predict...

+Pokemon Sun and Moon ports
+Pokemon Z (though they are putting a lot of Zygarde stuff in SM)
+Pokemon Sun and Moon third version (Eclipse, Planet, Comet...)
+Pokemon Red and Blue 2
+Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Remakes

Please please please don't be a local co-op focused Mario again.

Even more important, the word "New" better not be a part of the title again. The NSMB series would be best buried and forgotten.

DKHF

It would be very good for NX to have a new Mario in the first six months. It would be cool if this Pokemon game is a remake (remakeS considering the remakes are always a pair of games). If it's just a port of Sun/Moon I don't care, but it could be cool if they actually take advantage of the much more powerful hardware and upgrade the game significantly visually/content wise with it.

Jackano

Zelda: We knew it;
Mario: Not surprised, holiday 2017 at max.

Pokemon: Not surprised, but I don't believe it will be a Sun/Moon port or anything "high-profile".
There almost always is a Pokemon game on launch, but it's always a spin-off, like Pokemon Dash (which was good actually) or Battle Revolution.

I would love three Mario titles for the NX:

A "true" single player 3D Mario game, which is a sequel to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.
Another isometric co-op game, a sequel to Super Mario 3D World/Land.
And another co-op 2D New Super Mario Bros instalment.

I really am craving for a proper 3D game again, but I love all 3 aspects of the franchise.

JoeM86

If they hadn't said Game Freak bringing one, I'd buy this rumour, but Game Freak releasing a game on a new console less than a year after they start a new generation? That'd be unprecedented and is unlikely

If they said spin-off, or just said Pokémon, I'd buy it as spin-offs are always good

Zelias

Banned
If it's a main series title and not a spinoff, I'm guessing it'll be Sun/Moon HD. Given how the games seem to be shaping up so far, I'm ok with this.

tumblr_lunt92GhbX1r6984go1_400.gif

Sounds like Nintendo got it this time around.
Here's hoping Pokémon and Mario are on equal footing with LoZ in quality.

Zalman

If they hadn't said Game Freak bringing one, I'd buy this rumour, but Game Freak releasing a game on a new console less than a year after they start a new generation? That'd be unprecedented and is unlikely

If they said spin-off, or just said Pokémon, I'd buy it as spin-offs are always good
The Game Freak mention is what throws me off. I could see them port Pokkén to the NX, but that's not Game Freak. Jumping hardware mid-generation just seems strange to me.

woopWOOP

Within first six months? Sure sounds good.

I usually buy a new system when there's three - four games for it that I actually want, so I guess I'll get one late 2017.

Nibel

This seems like a bunch of nothing

- Sun and Moon port makes sense but who knows if GF will do it
- Breath Of The Wild is a no-brainer
- A new Mario game has been teased and it's been some time since the last one; maybe this is just the rumored Mario Maker port
- "Somewhere between PS3 and PS4" is the same vague "somewhere between Xbox 360 and Xbox One" statement we have been hearing for months now

JoeM86

I guess it will the third entry to Pokemon and Moon will come with Pokemon Bank playing a important role in transferring your Pokemon

I just don't see them jumping hardware mid-generation. They didn't Gen 5 despite the 3DS being out for well over a year by the time Black 2 & White 2 came

Why would every assume port of sun and moon?6 months after march isn't that far off the typical launch range for a Pokémon title. Might be Pokémon star or whatever the third version would end up being (or sun2 moon 2 I guess).

I just don't see them jumping hardware mid-generation. They didn't Gen 5 despite the 3DS being out for well over a year by the time Black 2 & White 2 came
3ds was backwards compatible, nx isn't looking like it is at the moment.

Dystify

The Game Freak mention is what throws me off. I could see them port Pokkén to the NX, but that's not Game Freak. Jumping hardware mid-generation just seems strange to me.

They literally just started a new generation though. We've never been in this kinda situation before... There's no way they will leave gen 7 only on 3DS. That'd mean there would only be Pokemon mainline games on 3DS for like the next 3-4 years or so.

I'm fairly certain gen 7 will be on NX, too.

Seiniyta

I could see them being wrong on the GameFreak part. Where they automatically think Gamefreak with pokémon.

I'd imagine it'd be some sort of launch game in the vein of pokémon Dash etc

They literally just started a new generation though. We've never been in this kinda situation before... There's no way they will leave gen 7 only on 3DS. That'd mean there would only be Pokemon mainline games on 3DS for like the next 3-4 years or so.

Gen V says hi!

Omg omg omg yes!! Yes I want to see Mario so bad! And Pokemon?!? Holy shit this is why I love Nintendo and it's for the games. Not all that spec this spec that talk.

The hype is off the charts for the reveal

PSFan

I think Joe is just a bit more knowledgeable than you where Pokemon is concerned.

Sandfox

Gen 7 in general has been Game Freak doing unpredictable things.

I would love three Mario titles for the NX:

A "true" single player 3D Mario game, which is a sequel to 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.
Another isometric co-op game, a sequel to Super Mario 3D World/Land.
And another co-op 2D New Super Mario Bros instalment.

I really am craving for a proper 3D game again, but I love all 3 aspects of the franchise.

All 3 kinds can co-exist, but the timing is important. A grandiose single player 3D Mario game on the same level as Galaxy would help sell the NX in the launch window much more than another 3D World. They should leave the other two for later when NX is more established.

JoeM86

I could see them being wrong on the GameFreak part. Where they automatically think Gamefreak with pokémon.

I'd imagine it'd be some sort of launch game in the vein of pokémon Dash etc

Sign me up for Pokémon Dash NX. That game had potential but was ruined by a horrific control scheme.

A racing game for Pokémon based on the style of the time/point based races of PokéPark Wii would be ace.

Top Bottom